Author Topic: China Coronavirus  (Read 481182 times)

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
Re: China Coronavirus
« Reply #8835 on: October 16, 2020, 12:51:05 PM »
Edwin Potts on TalkBack saying CMO has evidence linked to significant spread through GAA after parties

highorlow

• View Profile
« Reply #8836 on: October 16, 2020, 12:58:22 PM »

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #8837 on: October 16, 2020, 12:58:55 PM »

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #8838 on: October 16, 2020, 01:13:25 PM »
Edwin Potts on TalkBack saying CMO has evidence linked to significant spread through GAA after parties

What amazing detective powers. There is no doubt that many people have let the GAA down. The worst part of the 26 counties is in Cavan around Ballyjamesduff, not close to the border but close to Crosserlough. The closure of businesses throughout Cavan can be laid at the door of irresponsible people in those parts.

The intercounty season shouldn't lead to this, unless Fermanagh win Ulster.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Captain Obvious

• View Profile
« Reply #8839 on: October 16, 2020, 01:25:28 PM »

What amazing detective powers. There is no doubt that many people have let the GAA down. The worst part of the 26 counties is in Cavan around Ballyjamesduff, not close to the border but close to Crosserlough. The closure of businesses throughout Cavan can be laid at the door of irresponsible people in those parts.

It shouldn't be however a lot the men in suits making the decisions probably think club and Inter County is the same thing.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #8840 on: October 16, 2020, 01:31:53 PM »
Edwin wouldn’t be the most impartial in the world so on things like this I am not sure how serious he can be taken. Did he say anything about sending a load of students into halls to not go to class?

five points

• View Profile
« Reply #8841 on: October 16, 2020, 01:35:49 PM »

Ballinagh, who won the intermediate, is much much worse. It's also within the Ballyjamesduff area.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #8842 on: October 16, 2020, 02:11:48 PM »
1299 cases in the north :(

currychip

• View Profile
« Reply #8843 on: October 16, 2020, 02:35:36 PM »

About Poots - I heard that and must say I get fed up with the lack of knowledge from interviewers to come back on the claims made.  As we know, Derry City & Strabane council areas have been the hotbeds of infection recently.  I don't recall any recent big GAA games in that council area, no big congregation of GAA supporters ignoring social distancing.  That would have been an easy response from Crawley, if he had bothered.  There have been widely publicised infractions in Slaughtneil, Dungannon and after a game in South Armagh.   Behaviour was unwise, at a minimum.  However, Poots, unchallenged, only laid the blame in one direction.

The only narrative around Covid and the GAA is negative.  I know in my Co Derry club we have been very compliant with all guidelines, consistently since returning to training and play.  Across the GAA there have been clear breaches but its an organisation with a very wide reach.  I just wish the good stuff would get a bit more airtime.

Jeepers Creepers

• View Profile
« Reply #8844 on: October 16, 2020, 02:36:54 PM »
1299 cases in the north :(

Derry area is now 1,155.9 per 100K

tyroneman

• View Profile
« Reply #8845 on: October 16, 2020, 03:04:28 PM »
So...just so I understad this correctly  - is a 'bubble' only applicable to indoor gatherings?

Outdoor meetings are no more than 6 people from 2 different households, but the household you meet with can change, so - Monday I could meet in the garden with household 1, Tuesday with household 2, wednesday with household 3 etc etc?

Is that correct, or is it that even outdoors is is supposed to be only with people in the same 'bubble' as me?

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #8846 on: October 16, 2020, 03:09:23 PM »
Ballinagh, who won the intermediate, is much much worse. It's also within the Ballyjamesduff area.

If I was Paddy Reilly, I wouldn't come back right now.

About Poots - I heard that and must say I get fed up with the lack of knowledge from interviewers to come back on the claims made.  As we know, Derry City & Strabane council areas have been the hotbeds of infection recently.  I don't recall any recent big GAA games in that council area, no big congregation of GAA supporters ignoring social distancing.  That would have been an easy response from Crawley, if he had bothered.  There have been widely publicised infractions in Slaughtneil, Dungannon and after a game in South Armagh.

All the GAA supporters there are in Derry city put together could hardly start an outbreak.

Meanwhile in England, the ONS estimate that the number of infections grows by 9 per cent each day and it translates into a doubling in number in under one week
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #8847 on: October 16, 2020, 03:13:17 PM »
So...just so I understad this correctly  - is a 'bubble' only applicable to indoor gatherings?

Outdoor meetings are no more than 6 people from 2 different households, but the household you meet with can change, so - Monday I could meet in the garden with household 1, Tuesday with household 2, wednesday with household 3 etc etc?

Is that correct, or is it that even outdoors is is supposed to be only with people in the same 'bubble' as me?

Is a bubble a support bubble? I.e. caring or something like that? I have wondered the same. It is really really unclear.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #8848 on: October 16, 2020, 03:36:18 PM »

About Poots - I heard that and must say I get fed up with the lack of knowledge from interviewers to come back on the claims made.  As we know, Derry City & Strabane council areas have been the hotbeds of infection recently.  I don't recall any recent big GAA games in that council area, no big congregation of GAA supporters ignoring social distancing.  That would have been an easy response from Crawley, if he had bothered.  There have been widely publicised infractions in Slaughtneil, Dungannon and after a game in South Armagh.   Behaviour was unwise, at a minimum.  However, Poots, unchallenged, only laid the blame in one direction.

The only narrative around Covid and the GAA is negative.  I know in my Co Derry club we have been very compliant with all guidelines, consistently since returning to training and play.  Across the GAA there have been clear breaches but its an organisation with a very wide reach.  I just wish the good stuff would get a bit more airtime.

Yes I thought it could be challenged more myself, but also I don't think he suggested every outbreak was down to that, just some of the significant ones. The outbreaks here in Derry City certainly were not down to it, id love to start seeing the data because he clearly said MON and AF know the main sources-I suspect bars and parties in Derry City.

Jeepers Creepers

• View Profile
« Reply #8849 on: October 16, 2020, 03:42:57 PM »

Yes I thought it could be challenged more myself, but also I don't think he suggested every outbreak was down to that, just some of the significant ones. The outbreaks here in Derry City certainly were not down to it, id love to start seeing the data because he clearly said MON and AF know the main sources-I suspect bars and parties in Derry City.

What about that funfair on N. I execuitve land in Derry? Anything traced back to  that??