Author Topic: China Coronavirus  (Read 360764 times)

NAG1

• View Profile
Re: China Coronavirus
« Reply #7035 on: July 28, 2020, 11:51:42 AM »
Leaving aside a vaccine, I think improvements in testing technology could help manage this plague. If you had relatively inexpensive convenient testing then you could mass test the area around any case and keep cases to a minimum (like China did) and if tourists could get tested 3 days before travel and then again at the airport you would diminish imported cases to a minimum. You could even have mass periodic testing in places like universities and get those closer to normal as a consequence.

Chances of this happening when the Gov't had to step in with Randox and stop them profiteering at a time of crisis?

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #7036 on: July 28, 2020, 11:55:27 AM »
Randox have a bit of a reputation - you would hope other companies would maybe conduct themselves a bit better. If there is enough of a bulk requirement for the testing then even with smaller margins they'd make plenty anyway.

Though yeah you could be right and I have too much faith in human nature...

GalwayBayBoy

• No show like a Joe show!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7037 on: July 28, 2020, 12:54:33 PM »
Galway city fairly dead for the races. Dunno how many businesses will survive this. Was like walking around Portrush in the middle of December.

First time in years I won't be in Galway for at least a day or two during race week but I had heard reports that the hotels are all booked out so I thought it would still be busy enough if not quite the usual manic busyness of race week.

five points

• View Profile
« Reply #7038 on: July 28, 2020, 12:58:14 PM »
Galway city fairly dead for the races. Dunno how many businesses will survive this. Was like walking around Portrush in the middle of December.

First time in years I won't be in Galway for at least a day or two during race week but I had heard reports that the hotels are all booked out so I thought it would still be busy enough if not quite the usual manic busyness of race week.

It looked deserted in the middle of the day on last night's RTE news and there was a very downbeat air to the people they interviewed.

Some of the tour bus hotels in Kerry are shut until next year. The same may be going on in Galway.

ONeill

• Shoving Connie Around The Room
    • View Profile
« Reply #7039 on: July 28, 2020, 05:26:25 PM »

Seemed to be more just walking around Salthill and Spiddal.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #7040 on: July 28, 2020, 06:18:26 PM »
40 in 26 counties and 9 in the 6 counties today. Always a bounce after the weekend, you wouldn't want this every day.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Blowitupref

• There will be at least 2 mins of additional time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7041 on: July 28, 2020, 07:24:38 PM »
40 in 26 counties and 9 in the 6 counties today. Always a bounce after the weekend, you wouldn't want this every day.

Tuesday the last few weeks has included Sunday, Monday cases.  What was reported Sunday 12,Monday 11,today 40. In reality it's 21 cases a day the last 3 days.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #7042 on: July 28, 2020, 09:08:43 PM »

Tuesday the last few weeks has included Sunday, Monday cases.  What was reported Sunday 12,Monday 11,today 40. In reality it's 21 cases a day the last 3 days.

Indeed, but it a 10% increase even averaged out.

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #7043 on: July 29, 2020, 08:13:15 PM »
14 today with I think 8(?) in hospital.
She's on the rise on the Continent though.
1 BIG CUP and 1 Cupeen so far....

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #7044 on: July 29, 2020, 09:31:33 PM »
14 today with I think 8(?) in hospital.
She's on the rise on the Continent though.

If you are not careful this plague will kick off, it isn't the case that you can ease up even if there aren't that many cases.
Hong Kong had feck all cases all along and now they have had to close restaurants.

Fionntamhnach

• "Hey Lawrence..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7045 on: July 30, 2020, 03:20:51 PM »
Attention Nordies! Contact tracing app for Android and iOS now launched...

Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.hscni.covidtracker&hl=en_GB
Apple - https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/stopcovid-ni/id1519404160
"Grey will never go out of fashion! Because it's never been in fashion!"

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7046 on: July 30, 2020, 04:25:49 PM »

Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.hscni.covidtracker&hl=en_GB

Big Brother at his finest. . . why would I want the Govt to see what I'm doing on FB/Snapchat/Twitter etc. the whole thing is just a ruse to invade our privacy!!

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #7047 on: July 30, 2020, 04:54:16 PM »
I suppose it is if you spend your time laundering diesel or other illegal activities ;D
1 BIG CUP and 1 Cupeen so far....

Captain Obvious

• View Profile
« Reply #7048 on: July 30, 2020, 05:01:03 PM »

Big Brother at his finest. . . why would I want the Govt to see what I'm doing on FB/Snapchat/Twitter etc. the whole thing is just a ruse to invade our privacy!!

If one is on any those sites more than likely your privacy is already invaded.

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #7049 on: July 30, 2020, 06:24:19 PM »
85 cases in 26 counties. That is increase, whatever way you look at it. Mostly in a factory, that needs to be understood.