Author Topic: China Coronavirus  (Read 302911 times)

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
Re: China Coronavirus
« Reply #6555 on: June 30, 2020, 08:52:50 PM »
What way does travel abroad stand now out of Dublin Airport? If you take France as an example it appears you can fly there and not have to self isolate but when you come back to the south you have to on the Irish side. Is that correct? What about northerners flying out of Dublin? What system do they have for checking if they self isolate?

But if there is an air bridge between those countries you donít have to quarantine when home.

How will you be checked if you fly from Dublin and go to Portugal? Which doesnít have these air bridges?
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

omagh_gael

• '03, '05 + '08...not bad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6556 on: June 30, 2020, 08:59:15 PM »
I don't think Ireland has an air bridge with anyone as of yet as they aren't in the Schengen area. Is that correct? Been looking around for a short break in the south but prices are fecking unreal. A family member has a house in S France in middle of nowhere. Be tempted to head over for a few days late July. Flights just 100e return.

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #6557 on: June 30, 2020, 09:23:20 PM »
There won't be a sinner isolates. You have to be very naive to think that they will.

Week off work + isolation time unpaid maybe or as part of leave? Maybe the best deterrent will be the prices.

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #6558 on: June 30, 2020, 09:48:52 PM »
Nordies can do what they like, since they don't have a proper government.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #6559 on: June 30, 2020, 09:54:29 PM »
There won't be a sinner isolates. You have to be very naive to think that they will.

Week off work + isolation time unpaid maybe or as part of leave? Maybe the best deterrent will be the prices.

All travel will have its issues, people travelling to London for work and coming home at weekends is more dangerous than going to a holiday home somewhere in France, but itís allowed and ok to go to London???!!!
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #6560 on: June 30, 2020, 09:56:15 PM »
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/ireland-left-out-as-eu-opens-borders-to-15-states-including-australia-canada-and-japan-1.4292678

European Union member states approved a list of 15 countries around the world that are deemed safe for travel, agreeing that member states should open their border to them for all travel from Wednesday.

Unusually among EU member states, Irelandis not part of the agreement because it is not in the Schengen area of free travel and has a Common Travel Area with the United Kingdom.

Ireland was invited to take part in the joint agreement, but could only do so if Britain also agreed due to the open border, and it opted not to do so, The Irish Times understands

Lookit

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #6561 on: June 30, 2020, 10:23:19 PM »
Watching the programme on RTň about the Covid patients. I wonder how many others they filmed who did not make it and they did not use the film?

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #6562 on: July 01, 2020, 09:43:57 AM »

All travel will have its issues, people travelling to London for work and coming home at weekends is more dangerous than going to a holiday home somewhere in France, but itís allowed and ok to go to London???!!!

I agree with you, I just don't think there is any point having the isolation period when humans being humans, they'll do whats right for them, not whats right for the rest.

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #6563 on: July 01, 2020, 10:05:02 AM »

It isn't OK to g to London, but in the 6 counties with their dysfunctional government they do nothing to dissuade it.
Because it legal does not make it right.

Jeepers Creepers

• View Profile
« Reply #6564 on: July 01, 2020, 10:20:51 AM »

It isn't OK to g to London, but in the 6 counties with their dysfunctional government they do nothing to dissuade it.

Aerlingus flights to London from Belfast have continued right through the pandemic.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #6565 on: July 01, 2020, 11:21:33 AM »

Has there been flights from Dublin to London?

If you have a job in London and allowed to go then you'll go, as your business will go under if you don't or unable to pay for a mortgage or whatever you need the money for..

Working within the social distancing regulations and doing the sensible things wont bring you into harms way.

A mates holiday just been cancelled I'm sure he's happy as that side of things has been taken away from him and that's a refund for him. Jet2 have cancelled all holidays to Greece till 2021, there's an economy that will be hit hard

J70

• View Profile
« Reply #6566 on: July 01, 2020, 01:41:21 PM »
Milltown cases are going up in America but deaths are going down. Would it not make sense for younger ones to get it now in the summer months. Little or no kids die from the virus. Imagine testing every kid that had influenza? Jesus we would be up to 3/4000 per day alone in kids for a few .
Anyone with symptoms are getting tested. Anyone with influenza symptoms in normal time told to stay in the house

Deaths are going down for now.

Let's see where we are when the lag period between the current new spate of infections and the disease running its course in people elapses.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 01:43:03 PM by J70 »

J70

• View Profile
« Reply #6567 on: July 01, 2020, 01:44:47 PM »
I don't think the Americans care about it to be totally honest. I know a few fellas over there from my time and locking it down European style is laughed at.

Economy first, can't let the Chinese gobble up our ports on the cheap.

Tbf to the Americans, I don't think they don't have the same social security system we have over here so I'd say many people are largely on their own financially during lockdown. Any of the US based posters know what support your average Joe gets during lockdown? Or is it state dependent?

Its state-dependent, and varies wildly.

The feds have been topping it up with $600/week, but that is due to expire at the end of July, unless they renew it.

You don't get to stay on unemployment benefits forever either.

Cunny Funt

• View Profile
« Reply #6568 on: July 01, 2020, 06:15:31 PM »
Good to see Ireland with one of the lowest numbers in Europe.

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #6569 on: July 01, 2020, 07:10:39 PM »
Sweden not great in that map, they'll not be going to the Med on holiday.

Meanwhile, almost 5000 cases in Arizona in one day, with 20% of tests proving positive.