Author Topic: China Coronavirus  (Read 310309 times)

Jeepers Creepers

• View Profile
Re: China Coronavirus
« Reply #6540 on: June 30, 2020, 10:39:02 AM »
Paywall. Have they any idea where it's spreading from? Have any events / locations been identified?

Locals being interviewed on BBC this morning almost in tears at the thought of it.

Well some of the locals have been acting the maggot. they have 5 times the cases of the next worse place.

Yes obviously some spoiling it for the rest as usual. Heres a quote from a local MP in the area

'Appearing on breakfast TV this morning she said that high poverty, more positive coronavirus tests and higher ethnic diversity in Leicester East had contributed to a “perfect storm”.

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #6541 on: June 30, 2020, 10:45:34 AM »
How do you police a local lockdown? As in, I live in Leicester.....can I not just travel to Birmingham on the tear?

Jeepers Creepers

• View Profile
« Reply #6542 on: June 30, 2020, 10:59:00 AM »
Paywall. Have they any idea where it's spreading from? Have any events / locations been identified?

Locals being interviewed on BBC this morning almost in tears at the thought of it.

Well some of the locals have been acting the maggot. they have 5 times the cases of the next worse place.

Yes obviously some spoiling it for the rest as usual. Heres a quote from a local MP in the area

'Appearing on breakfast TV this morning she said that high poverty, more positive coronavirus tests and higher ethnic diversity in Leicester East had contributed to a “perfect storm”.

The health secretary told BBC Breakfast there had been "an unusually high incidence" of coronavirus among children in Leicester since increased testing began in the city 10 days ago

Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #6543 on: June 30, 2020, 01:05:49 PM »

The health secretary told BBC Breakfast there had been "an unusually high incidence" of coronavirus among children in Leicester since increased testing began in the city 10 days ago

Cant be right  ::)

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6544 on: June 30, 2020, 01:56:14 PM »

Cant be right  ::)

Prof, Trailer and smurphy will have something to say about that!

Close the schools ffs
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

macdanger2

• View Profile
« Reply #6545 on: June 30, 2020, 02:15:56 PM »
I don't think the Americans care about it to be totally honest. I know a few fellas over there from my time and locking it down European style is laughed at.

Economy first, can't let the Chinese gobble up our ports on the cheap.

Tbf to the Americans, I don't think they don't have the same social security system we have over here so I'd say many people are largely on their own financially during lockdown. Any of the US based posters know what support your average Joe gets during lockdown? Or is it state dependent?

Smurfy123

• View Profile
« Reply #6546 on: June 30, 2020, 02:37:23 PM »
Milltown cases are going up in America but deaths are going down. Would it not make sense for younger ones to get it now in the summer months. Little or no kids die from the virus. Imagine testing every kid that had influenza? Jesus we would be up to 3/4000 per day alone in kids for a few .
Anyone with symptoms are getting tested. Anyone with influenza symptoms in normal time told to stay in the house

Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #6547 on: June 30, 2020, 02:41:59 PM »
Milltown cases are going up in America but deaths are going down. Would it not make sense for younger ones to get it now in the summer months. Little or no kids die from the virus. Imagine testing every kid that had influenza? Jesus we would be up to 3/4000 per day alone in kids for a few .
Anyone with symptoms are getting tested. Anyone with influenza symptoms in normal time told to stay in the house

Who would you suggest these kids stay with when they contract it?
Would they come in contact with adults/elderly or the vulnerable?

This is the point many on here have been making all along about kids getting it - few will die but this doesnt mean they wont give it to someone else

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #6548 on: June 30, 2020, 03:47:11 PM »
In the north there are 95 ICU beds. 60 are occupied with non covid patients and yes there are no covid patients in ICU at present. We need to careful with this as we do not have the infrastructure, or remotely close to the infrastructure to deal with bad outbreaks.Yes there is a balance to be struck but I am not sure that sending kids out over the summer months to "get it now" would be any form of solution here :o ;D ;D ;D

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #6549 on: June 30, 2020, 04:00:31 PM »
It's laughable. We're been asked to maintain social distancing, stay at home, keep kids from School, pubs, restaurants closed and then we have those scenes in Belfast today? Time those in power here wised up.

Smurfy123

• View Profile
« Reply #6550 on: June 30, 2020, 04:18:26 PM »
I would suggest that their parents look after them. Jesus man if you had that attitude to everything in life. You can not eradicate every health risk in life and it’s the same with Covid. Some will catch it many won’t. Let the kids back to school. That’s my opinion and that will not change. They have been off for 4 months and will be off for another 2 now that 6 months. That is just not on.

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #6551 on: June 30, 2020, 04:21:55 PM »
I would suggest that their parents look after them. Jesus man if you had that attitude to everything in life. You can not eradicate every health risk in life and it’s the same with Covid. Some will catch it many won’t. Let the kids back to school. That’s my opinion and that will not change. They have been off for 4 months and will be off for another 2 now that 6 months. That is just not on.
;D

Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #6552 on: June 30, 2020, 04:35:56 PM »

Who would you suggest these kids stay with when they contract it?
Would they come in contact with adults/elderly or the vulnerable?

This is the point many on here have been making all along about kids getting it - few will die but this doesnt mean they wont give it to someone else

Can you get someone to mind the kids with Covid as well?

STREET FIGHTER

• View Profile
« Reply #6553 on: June 30, 2020, 07:36:42 PM »

This right here......a perfect example of what I have been referring too...

*Retorts Street Fighter is a clown....

omagh_gael

• '03, '05 + '08...not bad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6554 on: June 30, 2020, 08:43:45 PM »
What way does travel abroad stand now out of Dublin Airport? If you take France as an example it appears you can fly there and not have to self isolate but when you come back to the south you have to on the Irish side. Is that correct? What about northerners flying out of Dublin? What system do they have for checking if they self isolate?