Author Topic: China Coronavirus  (Read 683684 times)

Eamonnca1

• Catching the world in my headlights of justice
    • View Profile
Re: China Coronavirus
« Reply #13740 on: February 23, 2021, 06:06:19 PM »
The problem is people like Lenny, who don't know their arse from their elbow, spreading lies about what this vaccine achieves.

There is no proof to date that this vaccine stops infection and stops transmission. The upside is that the vaccines at best reduces the chance of you getting a severe dose of the illness or dying. So posters who are pedaling out this myth really need to be called out.

The bottom line is that if you are u40 and fit and healthy then this virus is not a threat to you, or a minimal one - the data shows this true.

So the only upside for a person like me, it will give me a milder form of infection. I'd have concerns about how rushed through the whole vaccine process is, vaccinate the at risk categories and whoever else feels free to want to get one and let's get on with things.

I stopped reading at this point. Vaccines do not stop infections, they strengthen the immune system so they can fight infections.

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #13741 on: February 23, 2021, 06:11:08 PM »
The problem is people like Lenny, who don't know their arse from their elbow, spreading lies about what this vaccine achieves.

There is no proof to date that this vaccine stops infection and stops transmission. The upside is that the vaccines at best reduces the chance of you getting a severe dose of the illness or dying. So posters who are pedaling out this myth really need to be called out.

The bottom line is that if you are u40 and fit and healthy then this virus is not a threat to you, or a minimal one - the data shows this true.

So the only upside for a person like me, it will give me a milder form of infection. I'd have concerns about how rushed through the whole vaccine process is, vaccinate the at risk categories and whoever else feels free to want to get one and let's get on with things.

Normally don’t reply to this dickhead.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-21/pfizer-biontech-shot-stops-covid-s-spread-israeli-study-shows

You normally don't reply because you are full of shit and not intelligent enough to make a coherent point.

You've posted a link that does not back up any assertion you made.

Another Lenny own goal.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #13742 on: February 23, 2021, 06:13:12 PM »
We've had Lenny and Dublin7 among other consistently repeating lies that the vaccines tops transmission and stops infection. There is nothing there to suggest this is true, all the vaccine does is reduce the severity of the symptoms of Covid which has a big upside for at risk categories but a minimal one for those who are not at risk.

Those who benefit from the upsides should take it or be encouraged to take it and those who don't should be allowed make their own choices.

"Stop" requires only one counter example. However, there is increasing evidence that the vaccine greatly reduces transmission
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-21/pfizer-biontech-shot-stops-covid-s-spread-israeli-study-shows

Very few things in the world are absolute, seat belts do not stop you being killed in cars, smoking may not shorten your life. But in many things we operate with substantial improvement.

I'll bet you 20 Shekels that in future Israel will not allow people go there unless they have been vaccinated and we should not allow people into this country either.

Another fool posting an article he obviously didn't read.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

JoG2

• View Profile
« Reply #13743 on: February 23, 2021, 06:35:42 PM »
Most of the major airlines are testing the vaccine passport app. This looks very likely for short and longterm flights. The 70% will be well surpassed.

As other have mentioned on here, you need to be vaccinated to visit certain countries as is. I wouldn't go down the line of forcing anyone right enough atm. This could change if uptake is low.

I was actually surprised at the 70% uptake on care home employees. Just shows the power of social media. Health Centres are upwards of 99%.

Good man Fear, glad to hear it! Get the jag done and keep Derry safe. Just remember how good the stout is in Paedars!

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #13744 on: February 23, 2021, 06:38:57 PM »
It's good alright! You could lose a full day in that place very easily.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13745 on: February 23, 2021, 06:40:35 PM »
BJ is reviewing the the vaccine passport having dismissed it before, backtracking it seems.

I’ve people coming into work with lanyards on with the “vaccined” card

Hopefully this will increase the likelihood of going on holidays, entering bars and restaurants
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #13746 on: February 23, 2021, 06:48:36 PM »
BJ is reviewing the the vaccine passport having dismissed it before, backtracking it seems.

Hopefully this will increase the likelihood of going on holidays, entering bars and restaurants

Totally agree, it’d be great to know when you’re on a flight that everyone is vaccinated. It’d also be great there was a high uptake of the vaccine in countries you’re going to. I see some companies are requiring their employees to get the vaccine and that’s something I’m glad to see. People should be free to not take the vaccine but they shouldn’t be free to put other people at risk. If I’m in a crowded bar or restaurant I’d like to think everyone in there has had the vaccine.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #13747 on: February 23, 2021, 07:00:25 PM »

Totally agree, it’d be great to know when you’re on a flight that everyone is vaccinated. It’d also be great there was a high uptake of the vaccine in countries you’re going to. I see some companies are requiring their employees to get the vaccine and that’s something I’m glad to see. People should be free to not take the vaccine but they shouldn’t be free to put other people at risk. If I’m in a crowded bar or restaurant I’d like to think everyone in there has had the vaccine.

All but one of our staff in the north have taken it, the roll out in the south making more difficult for our staff to get it, that’s due to their roll out plan
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #13748 on: February 23, 2021, 07:30:52 PM »

All but one of our staff in the north have taken it, the roll out in the south making more difficult for our staff to get it, that’s due to their roll out plan

After all adults have been offered it, north and south then we can start to use the vaccine passport to access travel, pubs, restaurants, big sports events etc. Israel are already doing it, other countries will inevitably follow suit. It's the only way to safely open up fully.

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #13749 on: February 23, 2021, 09:16:54 PM »
Confirmation that Level 5 restrictions to remain in place until April 5th.

Interesting to se what the North do.

How will it work with the majority of the North vaccinated and small minority in South vaccinated.

Shut the border?  :o

Free vaccine if you spend £250 in Buttercrane, have 3 nights in the Titanic Hotel or buy a used car from Donnelly Motors.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

clarshack

• View Profile
« Reply #13750 on: February 23, 2021, 10:05:36 PM »

After all adults have been offered it, north and south then we can start to use the vaccine passport to access travel, pubs, restaurants, big sports events etc. Israel are already doing it, other countries will inevitably follow suit. It's the only way to safely open up fully.

Surely a vaccine passport goes against people’s human rights?

Same people here in favour of them would probably have no problem with kids being masked up all day in school either.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 10:12:54 PM by clarshack »

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #13751 on: February 23, 2021, 10:14:48 PM »
Surely banning smokers from the pub was looked upon as stopping people’s rights?

It won’t come to this I don’t think but there are lots of things we’ve settled for over the years, drug tests in work being one of them. 

sid waddell

• View Profile
« Reply #13752 on: February 23, 2021, 10:41:44 PM »

Same people here in favour of them would probably have no problem with kids being masked up all day in school either.
Surely passports go against human rights then?

Surely seat belts do?

Surely income tax does

If your to follow the logic that says a vaccine passport does

What about Ebola? Should somebody with Ebola be allowed on a plane?

Why would anybody have a problem with kids being masked up all day in school, it's a f**king mask, not handcuffs

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #13753 on: February 23, 2021, 11:14:50 PM »
Most of the major airlines are testing the vaccine passport app. This looks very likely for short and longterm flights. The 70% will be well surpassed.

As other have mentioned on here, you need to be vaccinated to visit certain countries as is. I wouldn't go down the line of forcing anyone right enough atm. This could change if uptake is low.

I was actually surprised at the 70% uptake on care home employees. Just shows the power of social media. Health Centres are upwards of 99%.

Good man Fear, glad to hear it! Get the jag done and keep Derry safe. Just remember how good the stout is in Paedars!

A pint of plain is your only man, looking forward to it

Baile Brigín 2

• View Profile
« Reply #13754 on: February 24, 2021, 01:22:29 AM »

In the same way an actual passport does, yes.