Author Topic: China Coronavirus  (Read 607203 times)

APM

• View Profile
Re: China Coronavirus
« Reply #11775 on: January 13, 2021, 02:18:39 PM »
Hope your father pulls through Sid. I can't begin to imagine dealing with that in these circumstances. 

I find it more than a bit disturbing that the Covid deniers cannot set aside their issues with the Covid response and empathise for those suffering with Covid and their families who really do not want to hear that it is no different to the flu, to claim that the hospitals are really empty and that the vaccine will do more harm than good.

I suspect that mental illness is a feature among some of the Covid deniers and the anti-vax lot, ranging from depression and anxiety to narcissism.  I'm not taring all with one brush, but the level of aggression, anger, lack of empathy and obsession that you see from these people would make you wonder. 

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #11776 on: January 13, 2021, 02:21:54 PM »
Best wishes to your father Sid. Hope he makes it through this.

Substandard

• View Profile
« Reply #11777 on: January 13, 2021, 02:47:48 PM »
Best of luck to your Dad, Sid.  Hope things will go well.

Franko

• View Profile
« Reply #11778 on: January 13, 2021, 02:55:07 PM »
Best wishes to your Father Sid.

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #11779 on: January 13, 2021, 03:00:31 PM »
Hope your father pulls through Sid. I can't begin to imagine dealing with that in these circumstances. 

I find it more than a bit disturbing that the Covid deniers cannot set aside their issues with the Covid response and empathise for those suffering with Covid and their families who really do not want to hear that it is no different to the flu, to claim that the hospitals are really empty and that the vaccine will do more harm than good.

I suspect that mental illness is a feature among some of the Covid deniers and the anti-vax lot, ranging from depression and anxiety to narcissism.  I'm not taring all with one brush, but the level of aggression, anger, lack of empathy and obsession that you see from these people would make you wonder.

I'm not a Covid denier. It's real.

Maybe it's you that's a flu denier though as you seem to be justifying record deaths in January 2018. Should we have locked down then?

South Laois man

• View Profile
« Reply #11780 on: January 13, 2021, 03:24:34 PM »
I haven't posted here for a while but have been checking in from time to time. One observation is Angelotends to repeat the same bull everyday on this thread.

JoG2

• View Profile
« Reply #11781 on: January 13, 2021, 03:28:17 PM »
Looking for some help here... Would anyone know what the excess deaths were for the 17/18 season? Thanks in advance

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #11782 on: January 13, 2021, 03:49:44 PM »
I haven't posted here for a while but have been checking in from time to time. One observation is Angelotends to repeat the same bull everyday on this thread.

It's not bull. It's fact and some people have a problem with their double standards.

The hysteria and outrage is hard to understand now when it was not there during the winter flu season of 17/18 and you have to do some mental gymnastics and betray any ounce of logic and rationale to do that.

trueblue1234

• View Profile
« Reply #11783 on: January 13, 2021, 03:54:44 PM »

It's not bull. It's fact and some people have a problem with their double standards.

The hysteria and outrage is hard to understand now when it was not there during the winter flu season of 17/18 and you have to do some mental gymnastics and betray any ounce of logic and rationale to do that.

As discussed other people don't see the double standards you are seeing because they think the comparisons are BS. Reasons have been supplied for why. Again, you don't agree, but that is why there seems to be a substantial amount of posters who think you are posting bullsh!t. Your arguments obviously haven't won them over.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #11784 on: January 13, 2021, 03:58:04 PM »

As discussed other people don't see the double standards you are seeing because they think the comparisons are BS. Reasons have been supplied for why. Again, you don't agree, but that is why there seems to be a substantial amount of posters who think you are posting bullsh!t. Your arguments obviously haven't won them over.

They should be able to debate that but they can't. Ask yourself why it was ok for record death totals in Jan 2018 with minimal coverage.

I have substantiated my post with figures and facts.

Record death totals in Jan 2018 and nobody batted any eyelid. I haven't had one poster who has been able to tackle that one yet, it's easier for them to throw outrageous slurs and insults rather than frame an effective argument.

trueblue1234

• View Profile
« Reply #11785 on: January 13, 2021, 04:05:37 PM »

They should be able to debate that but they can't. Ask yourself why it was ok for record death totals in Jan 2018 with minimal coverage.

Record death totals in Jan 2018 and nobody batted any eyelid. I haven't had one poster who has been able to tackle that one yet, it's easier for them to throw outrageous slurs and insults rather than frame an effective argument.
Yeah weíve discussed this a number of times. It appears your arguments are just too weak and people donít seem to agree with you. But your still entitled to your own opinion tho.

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #11786 on: January 13, 2021, 04:17:40 PM »

Yeah weíve discussed this a number of times. It appears your arguments are just too weak and people donít seem to agree with you. But your still entitled to your own opinion tho.

My arguments aren't weak, it they were then posters would be able to counter them but instead they merely opt for insults.

Look at the on with Harold as a clear example of that.

When he was asked a couple of very pertinent questions, he avoided them on three occasions before reverting to insults.

How can you justify mass deaths in Jan 2018 but not now? It's a contradiction and it undermines anyone's credibility.

It's easier to fool someone than it is convince someone they have been fooled and a lot of you guys are very testy about looking silly. That is the nub of it. You can choose to actually debate the issue or throw insults about.

trueblue1234

• View Profile
« Reply #11787 on: January 13, 2021, 04:21:17 PM »
Iíve been through this with you. Not doing it again. Suffice to say it seems most posters seem to agree with my view point on the comparison. But as I say, that doesnít impact your ability to hold that opinion. But itís why most posters think you are a bit wired.

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #11788 on: January 13, 2021, 04:22:08 PM »
19 deaths today in the north.
1145 people testing positive.

The numbers are staggering.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #11789 on: January 13, 2021, 04:26:45 PM »
It's the numbers and growth in "inpatients" that nearly the most staggering for me. I am a bit worried 19 or so deaths will be very low compared to what we might see in the next few weeks :(

I used to watch that board and it was at 200. It is at something like 870 odd now? It's growing a lot every day and I don't know where the capacity is going to come from at the current rate of growth. I am not even sure where it's currently coming from as it must be very very stretched.