Author Topic: Boxing Thread  (Read 552233 times)

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
Re: Boxing Thread
« Reply #6825 on: November 18, 2020, 10:51:22 AM »
Smith v Canelo, be interesting to see both men properly challenged. Smith has as much a chance as anybody has versus Canelo.

Which is to say not much unfortunately. I'd thought for a while that a Super Middle fight against Smith would really test him but the power he showed against Kovalev removed any doubt for me about how it would go.
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

nrico2006

• View Profile
« Reply #6826 on: November 18, 2020, 05:29:18 PM »
Smith v Canelo, be interesting to see both men properly challenged. Smith has as much a chance as anybody has versus Canelo.

Which is to say not much unfortunately. I'd thought for a while that a Super Middle fight against Smith would really test him but the power he showed against Kovalev removed any doubt for me about how it would go.

Kovalev was on the slide though, but he was impressive in how he dealt with Kovalevs best punches and his power was enough to knock Kovalev out so late in the fight.

I watched Wilder speak earlier and he finally seems focused on fighting someone else in January.  I wonder if the supposed mediation has happened in the US yet though?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6827 on: November 28, 2020, 11:40:26 PM »
Good fight but very disappointed in Dubois there!!

Doesn’t look like he has the minerals...

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #6828 on: November 28, 2020, 11:59:44 PM »
Decent fight but Joyce has no business near Fury or AJ. His size might keep him competitive Vs Usyk.

nrico2006

• View Profile
« Reply #6829 on: November 29, 2020, 10:26:42 AM »
Dubois is a quitter, that cant be changed. He was never dragged out of his comfort zone until tonight and he couldn't hack it.  Similar to Joshua, with doubts still remaining over whether he is the same fighter as he was before losing to Ruiz. 

The scorecards were actually shocking.  I had Joyce ahead yet won of the judges had Dubois winning most rounds.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

square_ball

• View Profile
« Reply #6830 on: November 29, 2020, 10:33:12 AM »
Decent fight but Joyce has no business near Fury or AJ. His size might keep him competitive Vs Usyk.

Agreed he is nowhere near the level of AJ or Fury. I don’t even think he would get close to Usyk either. He is far too slow and cumbersome and Usyk would dance around him all night.

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #6831 on: November 29, 2020, 11:00:17 AM »
I want to see illdecide V Angelo next!!

laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #6832 on: November 29, 2020, 11:18:26 AM »
I want to see illdecide V Angelo next!!

Champions 2020

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #6833 on: November 29, 2020, 06:54:09 PM »
Dubois is a quitter, that cant be changed. He was never dragged out of his comfort zone until tonight and he couldn't hack it.  Similar to Joshua, with doubts still remaining over whether he is the same fighter as he was before losing to Ruiz. 

The scorecards were actually shocking.  I had Joyce ahead yet won of the judges had Dubois winning most rounds.

Roberto Durán says hi.

Dubois ain't no Roberto Durán though.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6834 on: November 29, 2020, 11:43:39 PM »

There really wasn’t much in it but Dubois had more power punches.

Yes Joyce jabbed the head off him and he caught the eye flush and kept picking it off but he wasn’t dominating  the whole fight I could see how Dubois was ahead.

Apparently he’s got a broken eye socket and some nerve damage. Worrying the way he left the fight but he has time to rectify it and come back.

nrico2006

• View Profile
« Reply #6835 on: Today at 08:23:39 AM »

There really wasn’t much in it but Dubois had more power punches.

Yes Joyce jabbed the head off him and he caught the eye flush and kept picking it off but he wasn’t dominating  the whole fight I could see how Dubois was ahead.

Apparently he’s got a broken eye socket and some nerve damage. Worrying the way he left the fight but he has time to rectify it and come back.

Exactly, there wasn't much in it hence why that one scorecard is shocking, no way that Dubois won most of the rounds.  As for Dubois going forward, the one thing that is hard to change is your ability to keep going when its getting tough.  He had it all his own way so far and was never hurt etc, but come his first experience with being hurt he quits on his knee.  Once a quitter always a quitter.  His aura wont be the same either, opponents will be sencouraged as they know that he can be broke.