NFL Division 2 - 2020

Started by Captain Obvious, January 10, 2020, 05:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFM

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on February 08, 2020, 07:39:04 PM
Some amount of lying down from Kildare boys in this first half. Must breed them very soft over that way.

Number 11 should be embarrassed with his play acting. 14 and 23 loved the dirt, Armagh great value for 2 points.

Edit. Kildare keeper was amazing tonight.

David McKeown

Quote from: armaghniac on February 08, 2020, 08:37:13 PM
Armagh playing with determination in second half, Jamie Clarke sent off for 2 yellows. Still 7 points ahead.

Excellent performance from Armagh. Terrible performance from Coldrick and his linesmen. Clarke got booked for pushing a defender off him as he ran through. As it happened Coldrick saw it and gave Clarke the advantage only to then come back and book him for it. The advantage resulted in a point for Armagh. So Coldrick booked Clarke for a decision he gave in Clarke's favour. Absolutely mind boggling
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

AFM

Very innocuous challenge, fact the lad got a nose bleed and went down like he was shot drew linesman attention, take it Kildare practice lying down like they were shor, happened all evening.

Dinny Breen

Both Kildare and Armagh should be ashamed of the Theatrics but with black cards this is the consequence.

Coldrick is f**king awful but refs have been hung out to dry.

Rian O'Neill was excellent. Either side of HT killed Kildare, mentally switched off, Armagh were superb in capitalising.

Jack O'Connor is learning a lot about our mentality. Big job ahead of him.
#newbridgeornowhere

Throw ball

I think Dinny it was the 2 Lazarus like recoveries (11 and 23?) That riled Armagh support so much. The rest of the stuff you see in every game  sadly.

David McKeown

Quote from: Throw ball on February 09, 2020, 10:13:27 AM
I think Dinny it was the 2 Lazarus like recoveries (11 and 23?) That riled Armagh support so much. The rest of the stuff you see in every game  sadly.

Indeed but the Armagh official and the steward who had a go at the Kildare doctor after the second of those definitely didn't cover themselves in glory.

Also it was interesting to note that whilst Kildare players were being treated the referee stopped the game. When Armagh were having players treated leaving them down to 13 men he played on.

illdecide

Quote from: Itchy on February 08, 2020, 08:50:22 PM
Quote from: Itchy on February 04, 2020, 04:56:25 PM
Quote from: illdecide on February 04, 2020, 12:39:22 PM
Quote from: Itchy on February 04, 2020, 11:08:57 AM
Quote from: illdecide on February 04, 2020, 09:47:04 AM
There will be some squeaky bums come Sunday evening in this Division...I suppose all winners from this weekend climb the table and all losers drop towards relegation and are under severe pressure, the table will def be interesting come Sunday evening. I suspect 1 or 2 teams tipped for promotion could find themselves in a relegation dog fight and no doubt there will be someone relegated to Div 3 who were tipped for promotion but who will it be...Armagh?, Kildare? or Roscommon?

Armagh v Kildare Draw

Roscommon v Clare home win

Westmeath v Fermanagh Draw

Laois v Cavan home win

The only two predictions i'm confident off above is Rossies to beat Clare and Laois to beat Cavan, the other two were head wreckers so i sat on the fence.

I think Armagh will beat Kildare with a bit to spare
Fermanagh will beat Westmeath
Rossies will beat Clare
And I fancy Cavan to beat Laois

Hello Itchy, did you watch them v Laois

No, I was in Breffni watching Cavan. For me Kildare are over hyped as they are in Leinster and everyone wants to pretend there are coming teams that can take on the dubs. Same as Meath. Armagh have genuinely good forwards and have good enough midfielders too. I put Laois result down to over confidence and maybe over training. I believe ye will target your home games against your immediate rivals. So thats what I based it on.

Told ya so

Yip you did...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Great win last night, I was expecting a bashing in the second half to be fair but it never came. Think the 2 quick points we scored at start of the second half gave Armagh some confidence and shocked Kildare a bit. Thought Campbell, O'Neill, Forker & A Nugent were good. I also thought Jamie Clarke was very unlucky to be sent off, I didn't realise he's already got a yellow so was in WTF mode. I think we'd have scored a goal or two had he been in or around the goals when the opportunities arose. Kildare keeper had a good game and made a few good saves, Kildare did rally briefly with 3-4 nice points in the second half but Armagh just didn't let them kick on from that.

Hands up, I didn't really fancy Armagh last night but i'm always aware they'll beat anyone on their day and are well capable of it too but it's just so frustrating when they throw in a few Laois matches into their season which just holds us back. One more win should be enough to keep us up especially with our scoring average so far, anything after that is a bonus...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

AFM

Never a yellow I was sitting other side and it was softer looking from that angle,  he was protecting himself from the tackle.

AFM

Also if Jamie was red carded should his point have stood, or as ref saw no issue until linesman saw a bit of blood and wanted a few moments of power could it not have been overturned. At the start of first half number 14 boxed Folker the umpires saw it called him over for a chat but didn't inform ref you got to love consistency.

David McKeown

Very poor refereeing. Either the referee saw it and didn't deem it a foul so the booking shouldn't have followed and the linesman shouldn't be re-refereeing the match. Or he didn't see it which begs the question what was he looking at when it involved the player on the ball and the game should have been stopped immediately.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: AFM on February 09, 2020, 12:16:08 PM
Also if Jamie was red carded should his point have stood, or as ref saw no issue until linesman saw a bit of blood and wanted a few moments of power could it not have been overturned. At the start of first half number 14 boxed Folker the umpires saw it called him over for a chat but didn't inform ref you got to love consistency.

I'm open to correction here, but once the ref notes the point, then as I understand it, it has to stand. That would tie in with the timeline of events.

LCohen

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on February 09, 2020, 02:20:54 PM
Quote from: AFM on February 09, 2020, 12:16:08 PM

I'm open to correction here, but once the ref notes the point, then as I understand it, it has to stand. That would tie in with the timeline of events.

I think that is correct.

At the time I didn't know what the card was for. Now seen a clip from single angle. Not conclusive either way. The general point around what is and isn't allowed by way of fend off is probably worth noting for all teams irrespective of whether the referee got this one correct

Captain Obvious

I presume Laois v Cavan will be played next weekend?