Author Topic: Gaelic Football - Rules & Regulations discussion/clarification  (Read 35921 times)

theticklemister

• '...... said yer man from the Daily Mail.'
    • View Profile
Re: Gaelic Football - Rules & Regulations discussion/clarification
« Reply #330 on: January 14, 2020, 08:25:39 PM »
Itís simple heís off the field for ten mins of play! If a team wants to fart about during that period the clock is stopped as normal and the player will come back on after the ref has decided the ten minutes of actual sin binning has occurred.

Are you sure? If been trying to verify this but canít anywhere

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 14, 2020, 09:03:13 PM »
Itís simple heís off the field for ten mins of play! If a team wants to fart about during that period the clock is stopped as normal and the player will come back on after the ref has decided the ten minutes of actual sin binning has occurred.

I was told, but Iíve in house training for refs on  Monday, itíll be covered then, letís just say if Iím refereeing, the player sin binned wonít be coming til ten minutes of play has been done. Teams can fart about as much as they want
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

theticklemister

• '...... said yer man from the Daily Mail.'
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 14, 2020, 09:16:20 PM »

I was told, but Iíve in house training for refs on  Monday, itíll be covered then, letís just say if Iím refereeing, the player sin binned wonít be coming til ten minutes of play has been done. Teams can fart about as much as they want

When I referee the ladies, I write down the time I sin bin the player and if any minutes needed to be added on in that time, I do so.

Regarding verification, you would think these would be issued on the official gaa.ie to everyone to see. But like some of the GAA rules , there is total ambiguity.     

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 14, 2020, 09:42:32 PM »
The stop clock is obviously the only way to insure the 10 minutes are served. And to prevent cheating and running Down the clock.

At county level anyway. More difficult at club level.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 14, 2020, 10:05:13 PM »
The stop clock is obviously the only way to insure the 10 minutes are served. And to prevent cheating and running Down the clock.

Two watches, or use your note book as theticklemister said
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 14, 2020, 10:15:56 PM »

That gives more work for referees though. Theyíve enough to do. Timekeeping should be taken from the ref.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 14, 2020, 10:22:10 PM »

That gives more work for referees though. Theyíve enough to do. Timekeeping should be taken from the ref.

At club level it wonít be (timekeeping taken away)  itís daft to apply this at all levels at clubs, inter county theyíve 4th official to keep it sorted. The forward mark alone is crazy at club level especially at juvenile level, just get your big play to play on the 21 and boot the ball in!

Donít see the benefit on how it will improve the game