Poll

What will be makeup of the next government?

FF/SD/Lab/Green
FG/SD/Lab/Green
FG/FF
FF/Green
FG/Independents
FG/Independents
FG/Green
FF/SF
FF/Green/Independents
FF Minority
FG Minority
FG/SF
FF/Lab/Green
FF/Lab
FF/Lab/Green/Independents

Author Topic: 26 County General Election 2020  (Read 79383 times)

Lar Naparka

• I just know this is gonna be our year!
    • View Profile
Re: 26 County General Election 2020
« Reply #1395 on: June 28, 2020, 01:03:47 AM »
Dara Calleary was shafted completely. FF deputy leader and didn't get a senior ministry job.

Yeah, that was a big shock for him. At the cabinet table but I'd say he expected more
It shows Martin isn't just a pretty face. Calleary, and O'Callaghan especially, were just a few who were put firmly in their places.I don't know much about Calleary and his intentions to go further, if you follow me, but O'Callaghan was openly touting his chances of replacing Martin if the coalition talks failed.
Martin will need to keep an eye on the malcontents in his party but I'd say he is well able for them.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Farrandeelin

• Hey buckaroo! How are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: June 28, 2020, 07:12:46 AM »
Dara Calleary was shafted completely. FF deputy leader and didn't get a senior ministry job.

Yeah, that was a big shock for him. At the cabinet table but I'd say he expected more
It shows Martin isn't just a pretty face. Calleary, and O'Callaghan especially, were just a few who were put firmly in their places.I don't know much about Calleary and his intentions to go further, if you follow me, but O'Callaghan was openly touting his chances of replacing Martin if the coalition talks failed.
Martin will need to keep an eye on the malcontents in his party but I'd say he is well able for them.

I don't know if there's many malcontents within FF. Afterall they were expected to win around 55 to 60 seats according to political analysts. If there are any, MM would be gone on 9th of February imo.
The woman in red has the car parked on the slope.

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: June 28, 2020, 08:57:51 PM »
Regina Doherty to head up the Seanad having campaigned to abolish it. Laughable.
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #1398 on: June 28, 2020, 09:29:17 PM »
Why?
The people voted to keep it.
1 BIG CUP and 1 Cupeen so far....

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: June 28, 2020, 09:35:56 PM »
Gran Coalition is a new style for Ireland.

FF plus FG was regularly 70% + in the past but that is over.
Lookit

Rossfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: June 28, 2020, 09:39:31 PM »
43% this year.

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: June 29, 2020, 04:28:56 PM »
Why?

Its called principles or having a position on something. She could have easily said No Thanks but no she is just another money grabbing useless career politician.

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: June 29, 2020, 04:32:18 PM »

So your saying Martin is vindictive and is more inclined to self preservation than putting the best people in place? You seem to be quite impressed with this approach or maybe I am wrong saying that. Of all the politicians in the south I think Michael Martin is one of the least impressive I have ever witnessed.

Rossfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: June 29, 2020, 06:36:17 PM »
Why?

Its called principles or having a position on something. She could have easily said No Thanks but no she is just another money grabbing useless career politician.
How Principled are you ?
If you gave in €10 in a shop and got change of €20 would you hand back the extra?

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: June 29, 2020, 10:47:50 PM »
Well done to Micheál Martin who had the pleasure of nominating the first Traveller Eileen Flynn to the Senate, one of 11 nominated,
 his only non-party political nominee.
'Ms Flynn is a community development worker with the National Traveller Women's Forum.
She is also a human rights activist who has campaigned on several social issues including homelessness; same-sex marriage, abortion and hate crime.The Women's Council of Ireland and Traveller's rights campaign group Pavee Point have both hailed her appointment as "historic".
In a series of tweets after her nomination, Ms Flynn said: "I have worked all my life to break barriers and challenge inequality."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53212504

Rossfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: June 29, 2020, 11:40:18 PM »
What a pity they didnt also nominate Marshall or someone from the unionist perspective in the North.

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: June 29, 2020, 11:56:20 PM »
Why?

How Principled are you ?
If you gave in €10 in a shop and got change of €20 would you hand back the extra?

Yes I would actually.

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: June 29, 2020, 11:58:30 PM »
Well done to Micheál Martin who had the pleasure of nominating the first Traveller Eileen Flynn to the Senate, one of 11 nominated,
'Ms Flynn is a community development worker with the National Traveller Women's Forum.
She is also a human rights activist who has campaigned on several social issues including homelessness; same-sex marriage, abortion and hate crime.The Women's Council of Ireland and Traveller's rights campaign group Pavee Point have both hailed her appointment as "historic".
In a series of tweets after her nomination, Ms Flynn said: "I have worked all my life to break barriers and challenge inequality."

Reminds me of the black kid in Southpark.

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: June 30, 2020, 01:26:39 AM »

I haven't a clue what that means as I haven't watched any of Southpark, but if you choose to let an American tv cartoon  drama define your social outlook then good luck to you.

Capt Pat

• View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: June 30, 2020, 06:54:49 AM »

I haven't a clue what that means as I haven't watched any of Southpark, but if you choose to let an American tv cartoon  drama define your social outlook then good luck to you.

The black kid in southpark is called token. I think he is trying to say the nomination of the traveller lady is a token nomination.