The Qualifiers Round 1

Started by The Real Laoislad, May 21, 2007, 08:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deal_Me_In

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 18, 2007, 12:40:27 PM
With all the weaker counties out, will there be a home advantage system this time round? Or will the games be played at neutral venues?

First team out gets home advantage

Dinny Breen

Offaly would be favourites to beat Kildare, they are quite simple a championship team and always punch above their weight I am for one glad we won't see them in the qualifiers..
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Unless we beat Dublin Dinny :D

BallyhaiseMan

Jesus,
we are probably the weakest team in there. :o

Theres going to some great games in this round,thats for sure.

Dinny Breen

Exactly you will then see you in the All-Ireland series after you win Leinster. So no qualifiers for the Biffos this year  :P
#newbridgeornowhere

Croí na hÉireann

Want to draw the Slashers at home.
Want to avoid Armagh away.

Wouldn't be taking too much from that game last year AZ, probably the worst game I've ever had the misfortune of attending, were missing a couple of players that day too...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

AZOffaly

I know Croi, I'm not saying we'd beat ye every time, but I'd be optimistic going into it, same as ye would be.

rrhf

The qualifiers are much tougher than the direct route this year,  it could really progress a team more than ever.  This should be a fascinating all ireland battle.  Ignore Armagh, Meath, mayo etc at your peril.       

Rossfan

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on June 18, 2007, 01:19:42 PM
Jesus,

No ye're not -Ros are by a country mile :-[ :'( :-\ :( >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ildanach

it will be a bit rough on wex/laois they will have a six day turn around and the the possibility of 3 games 3 weeks. where we haven't had a game in 7 weeks!!
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: ildanach on June 19, 2007, 11:10:36 AM
it will be a bit rough on wex/laois they will have a six day turn around and the the possibility of 3 games 3 weeks. where we haven't had a game in 7 weeks!!

Is Laois & Wexford playing in Croke Park on Sunday, Im in Dublin for the weekend & wouldn't mind catching it.

ildanach

Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

cavanmaniac

Quote from: Barney on June 18, 2007, 08:15:05 AM
The names in the hat:

Mayo
Roscommon
Galway/Leitrim
Longford
Westmeath
Kildare
Louth
Meath
Wexford/Laois
Dublin (but only if they lose to Offaly)
Donegal
Armagh
Fermanagh
Down
Cavan
Derry/Monaghan
Limerick

From a Cavan perspective I'd mainly be anxious to avoid the Ulster teams. I'd gladly take another crack at Down though as we had the beating of them the second day.

Armagh or potentially Derry, who always stuff us in qualifiers, no bleedin' thanks.

Donegal would be interesting but again I'd rather avoid.

Good draws for us would be Limerick, Down, Louth, Westmeath, and for the local aspect, Leitrim or Longford. But everyone will look at Cavan and think the same, suits me fine.

cavanmaniac

All conjecture I know but Lyng's (deserved) sending off and our leaving it too late to drop some bombs on that full back line of yours...who knows? If we get ye again, I'd be happy enough and quietly confident.

But sure so would Down. Unlikely to happen anyway given the breadth of teams in the hat, but if previous years are anything to go by the draw does 'like' to throw up all-Ulster ties.

Rossfan

Quote from: 5iveTimes on June 18, 2007, 09:06:05 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 18, 2007, 06:28:04 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on June 18, 2007, 01:19:42 PM
Jesus,

No ye're not -Ros are by a country mile :-[ :'( :-\ :( >:(

Are Roscommon actually that bad?

Yes -Sligo had 13 wides most of them unpressured shots. We got 2 goals against the run of play.
We were dispossessed about a hundred times. We couldnt catch,kick,pass,score from frees,get the ball to the ff line which probably was the one line that had the beating of their opponents,we pulled out of challenges, we spent €50k on a week in Algarve,we pay a Manager big expenses,we...... I could rant on and on and on  ...but no one in Ros cares anymore.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM