The Qualifiers Round 1

Started by The Real Laoislad, May 21, 2007, 08:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

QuoteA draw will be made with two hot balls

We were just talking about this last night.....its a nailed on cert that Down will get Armagh to ensure another full house in the Marshes....when does the draw take place or should I say when are the results of the draw publicised?
The Aristocrat Years

fcuksake

I think the draw takes place on June 24th on RTE  :-\
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Orior

Quote from: 5 Sams on June 11, 2007, 12:17:02 PM
QuoteA draw will be made with two hot balls

We were just talking about this last night.....its a nailed on cert that Down will get Armagh to ensure another full house in the Marshes....when does the draw take place or should I say when are the results of the draw publicised?

Also, the Americans didn't land on the moon, the Earth is actually flat, Elvis lives in Drumconrath Co Meath, Tyrone won their two All-Ireland fairly and there is an All-Ireland in Dublin this year.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Rossfan

Quote from: Orior on June 11, 2007, 01:18:47 PM
[and there is an All-Ireland in Dublin this year.

True for ya - the All Ireland will be payed in Croke Park which is in....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Barney

According to the Indo today we are all set for the draw on Sunday week:

THANKS to a rule change from last season, teams that have already met in their provincial football championships will have to play again if they are drawn to meet in the upcoming All-Ireland Qualifiers.

This means that if Donegal lose to Tyrone this weekend, and were drawn to play Armagh again, there would be a mouthwatering rematch of their earlier meeting.

Before this, teams that had met previously could not be drawn against one another again in the Qualifiers, but this rule change will make the Qualifier draws even more nailbiting this summer.

The first Qualifer draw will be televised from Carrick-on-Shannon on Sunday week, after the Galway/Leitrim Connacht semi-final.

Another key difference in this year's Qualifiers is that, with teams given automatic Tommy Murphy Cup designation, no team has special 'home' status anymore, so whoever is drawn out of the hat first gets home advantage.

The draw involves all football teams who do not reach a provincial decider and the GAA could yet need to add in one preliminary game, if the Offaly footballers make the Leinster football final.

As a Division Four team they should go to the Tommy Murphy Cup when beaten, but reaching the Leinster final would earn them a spot in the later stages of the Qualifiers if then defeated, and thus necessitate an extra game to even out the numbers in the back-door series.

The Qualifiers commence on July 7, as does the Tommy Murphy Cup, but it is not yet clear if the draw for the latter will be made at the same time.

CLIONA FOLEY

Stranworst

Haven't read thorugh all this thread but CAN down and armagh definitely meet round one of the qualifiers?? Is there nothing seperating counties from the same province? Pardon my ignorance

Stranworst

Sorry ignore the previos post just read page one, it was just I was on the phone and din't have time!

uselessfootballer

Draw for the first round of the qualifiers is completely open this year (alledgedly) wih no restrictions on who can face who

5 Sams

lads,
I think that the article by Cliona Foley that Barney posted above clears it up.

The Aristocrat Years

Jinxy

Quote from: Hardy on June 11, 2007, 12:14:03 PM
Yes. The "extra" qualifier arises if Offaly beat Meath/Dublin, in which case there will be 17 teams in the qualifiers and there will have to be an extra game. A draw will be made with two hot balls to ensure it's Meath and Dublin and another €1M.

:D Don't think they'll be that subtle. MARTY: "Next out of the drawdrum, we have.............Dublin. And now to see who will be facing the Dubs.........JESUS, WHATS THAT OUTSIDE THE WINDOW!! ..................Nothing? ...........Are you sure? I swear I saw something there.........Sorry about that folks. Anyway, back to the draw, I have the team to play Dublin in my hand and it is.......................MEATH! Hohoooo, the auld enemy! What are the odds?"
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Stranworst

The line up for the qualifiers is looking class already and looking at the potential teams to come I can't wait fro the draw!!

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

KIDDO

Next Sunday, aftergalway v Leitrim clash.

The Real Laoislad

When is Offaly/Dublin match?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ExiledGael

Offaly Dublin game is next Sunday I think