Author Topic: Leinster Club Championships  (Read 4330 times)

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
Re: Leinster Club Championships
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2019, 07:39:55 PM »
Another penalty shoot out I see :o
1 BIG CUP and 1 Cupeen so far....

manfromdelmonte

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2019, 09:51:36 PM »
Kilkenny senior football champions Mullinavat beat Dublin intermediate champions Ballyboughal 3-11 to 2-11 in the Leinster championship. What odds would you have got on that shock win?
Always been plenty of good footballers in Kilkenny
The county board just have allowed the county teams fade away

Fionntamhnach

• "If I won the award for laziness, I'd send somebody to pick it up for me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2019, 09:10:13 AM »
Kilkenny senior football champions Mullinavat beat Dublin intermediate champions Ballyboughal 3-11 to 2-11 in the Leinster championship. What odds would you have got on that shock win?
Always been plenty of good footballers in Kilkenny
The county board just have allowed the county teams fade away

I always thought that outside of one or two pockets in the county, hurling lorded over football on pretty much everything, with the big ball games mostly left to be played in the winter as a side-activity, with hurling concentrated on in the summer months. Mullinavat AFAIK is one of the stronger clubs in KK football, but looking at their fixtures/results list this was (?) their first competitive football game since defeating Railyard in the Senior County final replay almost three months ago. I know that Railyard play in the football league in Carlow, but it seems Mullinavat don't field any football team outside of KK themselves.
Fighting against ignorance on the internet since 1999. It's just taking longer than I hoped.

LaurelEye

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2019, 01:20:31 AM »
Some interesting fixtures there. I imagine Portlaoise will be too strong for St Patricks.
Eire Og and Sarsfields could be a tight one, I'll go for a draw in this one.
Garrycastle and Ratoath is another tight one, Garrycastle have some experience, but Ratoath have some nice players too. I'll go for a narrow win for the Westmeath men.
Finally, I'd imagine Ballyboden should ease past Newtown Blues.

Sarsfields have lost two of their best players since the county final.

Either Éire Óg have come on in leaps and bounds since last year or Sarsfields must have been very poor.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019