Author Topic: Westminster Election 12th December 2019  (Read 120194 times)

seafoid

• View Profile
Re: Westminster Election 12th December 2019
« Reply #1905 on: January 11, 2020, 03:32:18 PM »
Arlene Foster nominates Diane Dodds for Minister of the Department of the Economy.

Anything available for NigelŪn?
Lookit

Kidder81

• View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: January 11, 2020, 03:58:15 PM »
Department for Health the second last pick, says it all, the old firm didnít fancy it

Applesisapples

• View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: January 13, 2020, 09:53:15 AM »
Department for Health the second last pick, says it all, the old firm didnít fancy it
SDLP for all their bleating avoided it like the plague. Also can't help but wonder why the Shinners had their feet held to the fire on Irish and the SDLP didn't.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: January 13, 2020, 10:24:15 AM »
SDLP for all their bleating avoided it like the plague. Also can't help but wonder why the Shinners had their feet held to the fire on Irish and the SDLP didn't.

Because as the largest nationalist party they held the power on the decisions. Patsy McGlone should have been speaker's job(as the best gaeilgeoir in assembly) instead of that handbag stealer Maskey.

JohnDenver

• View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: January 13, 2020, 10:51:21 AM »

Because as the largest nationalist party they held the power on the decisions. Patsy McGlone should have been speaker's job(as the best gaeilgeoir in assembly) instead of that handbag stealer Maskey.

Do proceed to provide any evidence to backup this claim?

Applesisapples

• View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: January 13, 2020, 11:17:21 AM »

Naomi Long has just said that there was no agreement as Eastwood has claimed. Much as I want to have an alternative to SF on the nationalist side this constant taking of positions just to get at SF e.g. we should go back now (no mention of Irish etc) as opposed to articulating a policy that actually puts pressure on SF to deliver is a turn off. It smacks of Trumpian politics of making statements with little correlation to the truth. That said I personally wouldn't have chosen Maskey but it is SF's right to do so. Naomi Long was complimentary in relation to his ability to do the job. Much as I want to see Irish promoted I don't believe that a lack of fluency should preclude you from any role.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: January 13, 2020, 11:53:23 AM »

Yeah its well known, he is first class. The only other fluent speaker is Maolisa McHugh. After that you have Mark H Durkan who is not bad and I think Kearney has a wee bit. Patsy is top notch though with a real grŠ for the language

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: January 13, 2020, 12:01:14 PM »

Naomi Long has just said that there was no agreement as Eastwood has claimed. Much as I want to have an alternative to SF on the nationalist side this constant taking of positions just to get at SF e.g. we should go back now (no mention of Irish etc) as opposed to articulating a policy that actually puts pressure on SF to deliver is a turn off. It smacks of Trumpian politics of making statements with little correlation to the truth. That said I personally wouldn't have chosen Maskey but it is SF's right to do so. Naomi Long was complimentary in relation to his ability to do the job. Much as I want to see Irish promoted I don't believe that a lack of fluency should preclude you from any role.

This is one of the things that SF have been doing for years. I have been calling for SF to get back, I just wonder what was it all about when we haven't got any of the concessions we set out to get 3 years ago. I hopefully can be corrected on this

It should not but I thought it was a golden opportunity in the light of the last 3 years, to actually promote the spoken tongue in a very practical and public manner.

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: January 13, 2020, 05:07:27 PM »

This is one of the things that SF have been doing for years. I have been calling for SF to get back, I just wonder what was it all about when we haven't got any of the concessions we set out to get 3 years ago. I hopefully can be corrected on this

It should not but I thought it was a golden opportunity in the light of the last 3 years, to actually promote the spoken tongue in a very practical and public manner.

Agreed