Author Topic: Westminster Election 12th December 2019  (Read 118227 times)

Captain Obvious

• View Profile
Re: Westminster Election 12th December 2019
« Reply #1335 on: December 12, 2019, 10:32:07 PM »
A buffoon like Boris Johnson having a such a landslide victory just highlights how awful weak Corbyn and his party are.

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: December 12, 2019, 10:33:51 PM »
A buffoon like Boris Johnson having a such a landslide victory just highlights how awful weak Corbyn and his party are.

No ot highlights how f**king stupid the general english man is

Armagh18

• View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: December 12, 2019, 10:35:57 PM »
British people really are idiots. Imagine even considering voting for the party that has completely fucked your country for the last 10 years and will sell the nhs to Trump and his buddies.

Needs to be a UI within the next 3 years. Scotland to go within 2.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: December 12, 2019, 10:36:41 PM »

Carole Cadwalladr
@carolecadwalla
America, wondering what UK election means for 2020? Think: zero idea what is going on in real time. Zero idea who is being targeted with what data. Zero idea who is placing 1/3 ads. Mainstream media still being gamed. Lies absolutelyfuckingeverywhere. Like Britain except worse

Edward Luce
@EdwardGLuce
·
16m
Not feeling massively bullish about the future of liberal democracy tonight.
Lookit

bennydorano

• View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: December 12, 2019, 10:37:26 PM »
SNP will be on a sticky wicket now, they could go down the route of having a Referendum without UK approval, it could get very dirty & nasty.

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: December 12, 2019, 10:38:22 PM »
One thing this result will hopefully force people to realise is that social media, especially Twitter is not the real world. The likes of Owen Jones and Ash Sarkar have been tweeting flat out over the last few hours about major Tories (BoJo, IDS, Raab etc) were at risk. If they all come back with comfortable majorities, people might start to think that there's more to things than what like-minded people say on the interweb.
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

RedHand88

• View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: December 12, 2019, 10:43:04 PM »
One thing this result will hopefully force people to realise is that social media, especially Twitter is not the real world. The likes of Owen Jones and Ash Sarkar have been tweeting flat out over the last few hours about major Tories (BoJo, IDS, Raab etc) were at risk. If they all come back with comfortable majorities, people might start to think that there's more to things than what like-minded people say on the interweb.

Agree completely. Wouldn't get my hopes up though.

HiMucker

• View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: December 12, 2019, 10:50:02 PM »
Binding referendum needs UK government approval.
If they don't grant them one and they have one themselves, they can hardly stop it. It won't be like Catalonia thats for sure. It's in the Scots hands no matter what Westminster say about it.

Eamonnca1

• Catching the world in my headlights of justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: December 12, 2019, 10:52:16 PM »
What's this I hear about Jo Swinson being in a bit of trouble in her own seat?

Eamonnca1

• Catching the world in my headlights of justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: December 12, 2019, 10:52:58 PM »
The Scots had their chance, and decided not too. (sic) Be interesting to see a UI referendum, would they learn from the Scots mistakes ?

That was before the Brexit vote. All is changed, and changed utterly.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: December 12, 2019, 10:53:41 PM »
2 big takeaways for me from this.

1. Social Media is massively over rated in an election. Judging by social media you thought Labour had huge momentum and would make a difference. Reality is that the numbers who meaningfully engage in social media regularly is not as high as we believe.

2. Brexit was not an anomaly that would have been fixed by another referendum. The stupid c***ts actually want it so there’s absolutely zero point arguing about it anymore!

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: December 12, 2019, 10:56:42 PM »
The Scots had their chance, and decided not too. (sic) Be interesting to see a UI referendum, would they learn from the Scots mistakes ?

That was before the Brexit vote. All is changed, and changed utterly.

The polls before that referendum had them winning a referendum .

Uk is telling us that if they did another referendum on brexit it would be a bigger result
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

HiMucker

• View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: December 12, 2019, 10:56:59 PM »

1. Social Media is massively over rated in an election. Judging by social media you thought Labour had huge momentum and would make a difference. Reality is that the numbers who meaningfully engage in social media regularly is not as high as we believe.

2. Brexit was not an anomaly that would have been fixed by another referendum. The stupid c***ts actually want it so there’s absolutely zero point arguing about it anymore!
Yip I agree with all that, and Keir Starmer wouldn't have changed their mind  ;)

JohnDenver

• View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: December 12, 2019, 11:00:35 PM »

On your first point - could be a factor that your own beliefs and who your follow etc showing you a greater labour momentum, which would be similar to myself. They say you should follow as many people as possible who you disagree with, even though it would infuriate you at times.

RedHand88

• View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: December 12, 2019, 11:03:03 PM »
SF sources say they will lose Foyle to the SDLP.