Author Topic: Westminster Election 12th December 2019  (Read 26207 times)

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
Re: UK General Election December 2019
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2019, 11:04:06 PM »
f**k SF same auld shite anyone who comes to my door looking a vote for Westminster will be getting short shrift.

To me itís still the most bizarre situation. I can see voting for them locally and for Europe but there is literally no other reason to vote for them in Westminster than to make sure themmuns donít get in.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2019, 11:05:48 PM »
f**king Lib Demís talking about gaining a majority or Jo Swinson leading a minority government... Jesus wept!!!

The Trap

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2019, 11:06:54 PM »
Elisha on spotlight would make you vote SF  :'(

omaghjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2019, 11:07:26 PM »
f**k SF same auld shite anyone who comes to my door looking a vote for Westminster will be getting short shrift.

To me itís still the most bizarre situation. I can see voting for them locally and for Europe but there is literally no other reason to vote for them in Westminster than to make sure themmuns donít get in.

Add in the fact that a large chunk of those who vote for them dont even want to be seen to be associated with them because of the ex-parliamentary connection and the thickness their candidates exhibit

Fionntamhnach

• "If I won the award for laziness, I'd send somebody to pick it up for me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2019, 11:18:38 PM »
IMO if you feel none of the candidates in your area are worth voting for, at least go to the polling station, get your ballot paper, spoil it so that it is impossible for any candidate to claim that it is a vote for them, and just politely place it in the box. You rarely see it over here, but most candidates and election officials will be alarmed at an unusually high percentage of spoiled ballot papers as it is deemed an active form of protest against the candidates, and more effective than just not bothering to vote.

Indeed, unless there is no way you're able to on the day and a postal vote isn't an option, anyone whom refuses to go out to a polling station to vote for any candidate or at least spoil the paper loses any right to complain about those whom are elected as a result.
Fighting against ignorance on the internet since 1999. It's just taking longer than I hoped.

omaghjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2019, 11:46:54 PM »
f**king Lib Demís talking about gaining a majority or Jo Swinson leading a minority government... Jesus wept!!!

Sometimes I wonder is there any sense left

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2019, 11:49:01 PM »
IMO if you feel none of the candidates in your area are worth voting for, at least go to the polling station, get your ballot paper, spoil it so that it is impossible for any candidate to claim that it is a vote for them, and just politely place it in the box. You rarely see it over here, but most candidates and election officials will be alarmed at an unusually high percentage of spoiled ballot papers as it is deemed an active form of protest against the candidates, and more effective than just not bothering to vote.

Indeed, unless there is no way you're able to on the day and a postal vote isn't an option, anyone whom refuses to go out to a polling station to vote for any candidate or at least spoil the paper loses any right to complain about those whom are elected as a result.

And at least those of us who donít vote, canít be held responsible for the shitshow that unfolds in front of our eyes. Those who voted are guilty of it.

Orior

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2019, 01:13:45 AM »
This place has been a shambles right from the plantation. It got worse with the formation of the Orange Order at the start of the 19th century. Every English man in charge has scratched head to try and solve the issue. They actually thought that partition fixed it with the guaranteed majority and gerrymandering. But alas, even that does not work any more.

Therefore I urge you to vote and vote nationalist. Imagine what we could do if we put fighting behind us and everyone pulled in the same direction.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Fionntamhnach

• "If I won the award for laziness, I'd send somebody to pick it up for me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2019, 01:21:49 AM »

And at least those of us who donít vote, canít be held responsible for the shitshow that unfolds in front of our eyes. Those who voted are guilty of it.

Not doing something doesn't mean that you abdicate your responsibility - you're just letting others do it for you, at best.
Fighting against ignorance on the internet since 1999. It's just taking longer than I hoped.

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2019, 01:26:47 AM »
The Bennys of the World are responsible for sending 10 of them 17th Century yojkes to Westminster.
1 BIG CUP and 1 Cupeen so far....

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2019, 08:20:47 AM »

Lots of people really donít want themmuns in.

t_mac

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2019, 08:22:21 AM »

Woman's head is up her hole, I hope they get wiped out.

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2019, 09:45:12 AM »
The Bennys of the World are responsible for sending 10 of them 17th Century yojkes to Westminster.

SF voters are responsible for sending no northern voice to Westminster.

marty34

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2019, 10:17:30 AM »

Everybody knows that before they vote - they'd get some abuse if they took their seats in London.  It'd be a farce.

Anybody idea of what way the votes will stack up in England, Scotland and Wales re: seats for each party or is it going to be too hard to guage?

93-DY-SAM

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2019, 10:42:02 AM »

Everybody knows that before they vote - they'd get some abuse if they took their seats in London.  It'd be a farce.

Anybody idea of what way the votes will stack up in England, Scotland and Wales re: seats for each party or is it going to be too hard to guage?

If they did take their seats can you imagine the abuse they would get within parliament. Every time they'd try to speak you'd get all kinds of jeers and cheap shots thrown at them. People know when they vote for Sinn Fein in Westminster elections that they will not be taking their seat. It hardly comes are any suprise or great shock. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.