Author Topic: Computer Help  (Read 182874 times)

MoChara

• View Profile
Re: Computer Help
« Reply #1455 on: September 26, 2019, 09:02:59 AM »
Guys I have Celtic TV (yearly subscription) but jumped in feet first before reading what they actually show and all their home games are shown live to people outside UK and Ireland. So if you live in Ireland or UK all you get the live audio but not video...The question i'm asking is can you hide/block your IP address so they won't know where you are and then watch the poxy matches which i signed up for?

I seen a few boys talking about this with missing the Partick game. last night, apparently the VPN used to do the trick but now you are geolocated using something other than just your IP, possibly bank account details or something not sure there is a way around it except I think some IPTV providers because they aren't based in UK or Ireland provide it.

And can we take a minute to just discuss how shite the service is with Celtic TV

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: September 26, 2019, 10:33:36 AM »
Lads, Windows 7 PC. Running very slow these days. I don't think I've a disk anywhere in the house.

Can I reboot / format / wipe from PC Start up and be ok without disk? I've nothing important on it, kinda the last hope to buy another few years out of it instead of having to buy a new one.

MoChara

• View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: September 26, 2019, 11:18:46 AM »
Lads, Windows 7 PC. Running very slow these days. I don't think I've a disk anywhere in the house.

Can I reboot / format / wipe from PC Start up and be ok without disk? I've nothing important on it, kinda the last hope to buy another few years out of it instead of having to buy a new one.

A lot of computers will have a built in System Restore function sits outside your machines harddrive, you can normally choose whether you want to factory restore (wipe everythign start from scratch) or do a system Restore (Doesn't wipe personal documents just system files) but depends on whether you have that facility.

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: September 26, 2019, 11:28:35 AM »

A lot of computers will have a built in System Restore function sits outside your machines harddrive, you can normally choose whether you want to factory restore (wipe everythign start from scratch) or do a system Restore (Doesn't wipe personal documents just system files) but depends on whether you have that facility.

Thanks - I'm nearly sure I created a backup disk at the very start somewhere as happens. The system restore sounds like a better option. I'll get a look at it tonight.

Jim Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: November 15, 2019, 10:21:49 PM »
Trying to restore an Ipad  to factory settings with a Mac.

Got to the stage where  the Mac is ‘waiting on IPad ‘ for about 10 minutes   After that I get a notification that the Ioad cannot be restored. Unknown error 4005.

Anyone any ideas about what I could try next?

under the bar

• View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: November 15, 2019, 11:02:05 PM »
Guys I have Celtic TV (yearly subscription) but jumped in feet first before reading what they actually show and all their home games are shown live to people outside UK and Ireland. So if you live in Ireland or UK all you get the live audio but not video...The question i'm asking is can you hide/block your IP address so they won't know where you are and then watch the poxy matches which i signed up for?

I seen a few boys talking about this with missing the Partick game. last night, apparently the VPN used to do the trick but now you are geolocated using something other than just your IP, possibly bank account details or something not sure there is a way around it except I think some IPTV providers because they aren't based in UK or Ireland provide it.

And can we take a minute to just discuss how shite the service is with Celtic TV

Get a £50 Firestick iptv account.  All channels including Celtic TV.... which is shite tbh! :/

MidLouth

• View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: November 16, 2019, 12:32:48 PM »
Trying to restore an Ipad  to factory settings with a Mac.

Got to the stage where  the Mac is ‘waiting on IPad ‘ for about 10 minutes   After that I get a notification that the Ioad cannot be restored. Unknown error 4005.

Anyone any ideas about what I could try next?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201444