GAA Discussion > Hurling Discussion

Provincial club championship

(1/8) > >>

redsetanta:
Rathdowney/Errill play St Rynaghs in a couple of weeks. The Rathdowney players spoke about their desire to do well in the competition in the interviews after winning the county final on Sunday. Laois clubs have a poor record in the competition over the past few years failing to win first round games. Winners of this game will play winners of St Mullins v Cuala.
KK and Wex winners yet to be decided.

redsetanta:
Cracking game yesterday and a great advertisement for hurling in 'lesser' counties. Plenty of skill on show and a nailbiter til the end. Best of luck to St Mullins against the KK kings. Always the poor hurling neighbour but they will certainly put it up to Ballyhale. They'll need to have a plan for TJ though!

Milltown Row2:

--- Quote from: redsetanta on November 18, 2019, 10:49:33 AM ---Cracking game yesterday and a great advertisement for hurling in 'lesser' counties. Plenty of skill on show and a nailbiter til the end. Best of luck to St Mullins against the KK kings. Always the poor hurling neighbour but they will certainly put it up to Ballyhale. They'll need to have a plan for TJ though!

--- End quote ---

While it was a very exciting game near the end I thought the shot selection and pass selections (or lack of passes) were very poor, the Laois team looked the better hurlers or better hurling team but the St Mullins lads never stopped, sheer intensity brought them over the line, the fielding was great at times to from both teams and both sharp shooters were bang on form.

Ballyhale will take some stopping, experience and tradition and quality hurlers tell you that they will be very difficult, but I'd have said the same thing against Cuala and they were dispatched by St Mullins, they don't lack belief that's for sure and MLR not that long ago managed to get through to the final..

The plan for TJ is simple, don't give away frees and have the most annoying fittest hurler on his toes the whole game and maybe that will reduce his influence in the game, its the other 13 outfield players then to look after

Zooming around:
St Mullins are showing some resolve. They have now won the county semi final, county final, leinster quarter final and leinster semi final all by a point.

marty34:

--- Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 18, 2019, 01:41:41 PM ---
--- Quote from: redsetanta on November 18, 2019, 10:49:33 AM ---Cracking game yesterday and a great advertisement for hurling in 'lesser' counties. Plenty of skill on show and a nailbiter til the end. Best of luck to St Mullins against the KK kings. Always the poor hurling neighbour but they will certainly put it up to Ballyhale. They'll need to have a plan for TJ though!

--- End quote ---

While it was a very exciting game near the end I thought the shot selection and pass selections (or lack of passes) were very poor, the Laois team looked the better hurlers or better hurling team but the St Mullins lads never stopped, sheer intensity brought them over the line, the fielding was great at times to from both teams and both sharp shooters were bang on form.

Ballyhale will take some stopping, experience and tradition and quality hurlers tell you that they will be very difficult, but I'd have said the same thing against Cuala and they were dispatched by St Mullins, they don't lack belief that's for sure and MLR not that long ago managed to get through to the final..

The plan for TJ is simple, don't give away frees and have the most annoying fittest hurler on his toes the whole game and maybe that will reduce his influence in the game, its the other 13 outfield players then to look after

--- End quote ---

I thought it was an excellent game for mid-November.  Really open, high skill level and some great hurling.  Carlow hurling going well with only 4 senior team.

I read they played BS earlier in year in KK league and got a hammering.  But they've nothing to lose - heart and attitude count for a lot.

BS would give Joe Mc Donagh teams a run for their money - Reid is gone now but they've such an attacking outlet in Mullen, Reid and Cody.  Throw it into Colin Fennelly and he'll win a penalty.  Young team - I wonder what their average age is this year?

Where will final be? Portlaois or Wexford?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version