MEATH VS DUBLIN: 3RD JUNE

Started by thejuice, May 20, 2007, 05:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mannix

Well done to both sides, a great game in spite of the obvious flaws in meath and more so dublin.Looks like the days of dublin walking leinster may be coming to a close.

orangeman

I'm from Tyrone and have no great lover for Meath but I thought that Meath were well and truly robbved today by a referee who couldn't handle the big match and the Dublin supporters - Graham Geraghty scored a goal, should have got a penalty and the Dublin goal had a suspicion of a foul against the goalie - Next time, appoint a referee who can handle the supporters and the occasion cos this one couldn't - In saying that, it was a fantastic spectacle and in terms of atmosphere etc. could be the game of the season - well done to both teams -

magickingdom

QuoteYou reckon Graham is gone?, threw a few digs at David Henry. Hard to say who'll win the replay. When is it.

replay is june 17th. great game today...

darbyo

Great game, tight, tough, fast moving and some cracking scores, I can't wait for the replay. Think some are over reacting to the Geraghty incidents, I hope it is left lie now and that there won't be any commitee dishing out suspensions.

Pangurban

A wonderful game of football, congragulations to all concerned, with the exception of Geraghty. If he is allowed to take the field for the replay, then the associations committment to enforcing proper standards and improving PR will be seriously called into question. This mans behaviour on the field has to often stained the association with todays game being a prime example. While he is undoubtedly a talented footballer as can be seen on the rare occasions he chooses to confine himself to football, his behaviour to often drags the good names of Meath and the GAA into controversy, and sets the kind of example we dont want for youth.  Time Meath retired Him, or the GAA use video evidence to impose a lenghty ban which would hasten his retirement. Best for all.

northsideboy

Quote from: Pangurban on June 03, 2007, 06:52:31 PM
A wonderful game of football, congragulations to all concerned, with the exception of Geraghty. If he is allowed to take the field for the replay, then the associations committment to enforcing proper standards and improving PR will be seriously called into question. This mans behaviour on the field has to often stained the association with todays game being a prime example. While he is undoubtedly a talented footballer as can be seen on the rare occasions he chooses to confine himself to football, his behaviour to often drags the good names of Meath and the GAA into controversy, and sets the kind of example we dont want for youth.  Time Meath retired Him, or the GAA use video evidence to impose a lenghty ban which would hasten his retirement. Best for all.

Well at least the good citizens of Meath West game him the red card in the recent General Election. Take a months holiday Graham ;D

orangeman

Geraghty is a class player who gives everything - I heard the so called rte neutral commentator from Mayo, Kevin Mc Stay inviting the use of video evidence against Geraghty - I don't hear him picking out Mayo players - leave off Geraghty - He's a 100% player who gives everthing to the cause - OK he goes over the top at times but he doesn't derserve this attention - he has been targeted by the opposition in the past and no one has stood up for him - so leave off - again well done both teams - referee cost Meath a win which wasn't predicted -

imtommygunn

Graham punched David Henry twice on the head in "tackles" in the space of two/three minutes so McStay was fair enough to point it out!! He then slapped Cosgrove and should have walked for the first two things and possibly even the third.

Still - great game for the neutral. Dublin still need a freetaker and that Cian Ward boy has some right peg on him, Looking forward to the replay!

Never thought Brogan could field so well - he has a good pair of hands on him.

PadraicHenryPearse

could not disagree with you more orangeman - it wasn't a penalty, would have given brogan the benefit of the doubt considering what happen longford yesterday. as for his goal it was a close call but he didn't win it cleanly and his arm was up on the dublins players shoulder/side of his face. plus geraghty could have been straight red carded 3 times overs.

darbyo

Geragthy's goal was legit, Dublins goal was a square ball (though I'd like to see that type of goal allowed), no penalty (all IMO of course). Whatever about the rights and wrongs of Geraghty's two punches his slap on Cosgrove was nothing and Cosgroves reaction was way over the top. Bottom line is the two punches would hardly be worthy of a mention when these two counties were building the legend that is a Meath/Dublin encounter,while Cosgrove's reaction would have only attracted derision. Great game played by two teams that were willing to give it and take it in equal measure, hopefully the GAA won't spoil it by making a fuss over particular incidents.

Tyrone Dreamer

I see they announced the replay for 4pm in 2 weeks time. Makes no sense to me. Aftrer todays game the replay will create great hype and should be live on tv (will be a full house anyway) for promotion purposes. However Cork Waterford is on live that day at 4 (with Tyrone Donegal at 2). Why not play the Leinster matches on the Saturday night at 6 and 7.30. Would still get a full house and would be sure to get huge viewing figures and would make a bumper weekend of top quality gaa action.

ONeill

Geraghty didn't do much worse than the likes of Whelan has been doing for years. I didn't see any blood drawn nor any protests from the Dublin players (apart from one Jackeen over-reaction). Graham's a hard nut OK who dishes it out and takes a right bit.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

northsideboy

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on June 03, 2007, 08:11:20 PM
I see they announced the replay for 4pm in 2 weeks time. Makes no sense to me. Aftrer todays game the replay will create great hype and should be live on tv (will be a full house anyway) for promotion purposes. However Cork Waterford is on live that day at 4 (with Tyrone Donegal at 2). Why not play the Leinster matches on the Saturday night at 6 and 7.30. Would still get a full house and would be sure to get huge viewing figures and would make a bumper weekend of top quality gaa action.

Leinster Hurling semi-final on in Nolan Park next Saturday which involves the Dublin Hurlers.

Quote from: ONeill on June 03, 2007, 08:11:51 PM
Geraghty didn't do much worse than the likes of Whelan has been doing for years. I didn't see any blood drawn nor any protests from the Dublin players (apart from one Jackeen over-reaction). Graham's a hard nut OK who dishes it out and takes a right bit.

I'm sure you thought that Meath played a grand fair game in the 1996 All Ireland semi-final too Shane, eh????

ONeill

Sorry, cannot see the connection between what happen 11 years ago and Geraghty slapping a couple of lads. I'm sure the Dublin fans will react to it in the same manner as their players today, no whinging.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

INDIANA

you see i read that sort of bullshit(that's the only way to describe it) and i say if ciaran whelan did it there would be aseperate thread abou it. But because a dub got hit it's acceptable. Some of the world's biggest hypocrites are on this site. Whelan should have walked a few times in the past- but the difference is most dubs would acknowledge it.
Let's cut the bullshit.Geragthy is  a dirt-bird reagardless of his footballing talent - a filthy player if ever there was one and should have seen red by the ref who in my view copped out. I thought the ref had a good game by and large- but the linesman must have seen both incidents but again copped out.
A toerag of the highest order and hopefully he'll get the suspension he deserves. The only blemish on a good day out and an enjoyable game. Meath are building a serious side again but they don't need it polluted by toerags like him.