Author Topic: Ulster Club SFC 2019  (Read 63574 times)

imtommygunn

• View Profile
Re: Ulster Club SFC 2019
« Reply #240 on: October 25, 2019, 09:11:52 PM »
It seems it is up for debate despite evidence to the contrary lol. They have some good county players so you never know. Very open this year. Cross not as strong as they used to be so no standout contenders.

Watched cross a few times this year. Their scoring ability is excellent. Their defence not so much. Donít know anything about other teams

The two oneills look very dangerous. Clontibret have McManus who will take some watching. I would expect magherafelt still haven't sobered up. I think gweedore may not win replay in Donegal though if they do maybe hard to beat too. Hard to pick a favourite.

t_mac

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 26, 2019, 09:40:14 AM »
If someone from Donegal came on here and claimed that the reason why Donegal clubs haven't done well in Ulster is that our club championship is too strong etc. they would (correctly) be laughed out of it.

What a load of shite this thred has turned into.

I feel sorry for the genuine Tyrone posters on here whom have fell away since the kids were allowed to register.

Introspection is lost on you as per usual.

Maybe GAA should allow Tyrone champions a place in the Ulster final each year, it's clear they deserve it being the best in Ulster, it's just beating those other inferior County Champions to get to the final appears to be the issue, talk about grandiose delusions.

under the bar

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 27, 2019, 12:35:23 AM »

Also, Tyrone always go further than the likes of Derry, Armagh, Cavan, Down in the county scene every year. After the likes of Derry etc are knocked out early they can go back to there clubs a lot earlier and train with them, and also then nothing is holding the club championship back. Unlike in Tyrone they play to near enough the last 4 or final get beat, and a week later the club championship begins.

So what is the excuse for prior to 2003?
You do realise the Ulster Senior Club Championship has been going since 1968

Football was invented in 2003 - would you please keep up.
Exactly, Peter Canavan invented football

Not he didn't. But he probably  hammered the shit out of your lot!  ;D ;D

t_mac

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 27, 2019, 12:31:04 PM »

Also, Tyrone always go further than the likes of Derry, Armagh, Cavan, Down in the county scene every year. After the likes of Derry etc are knocked out early they can go back to there clubs a lot earlier and train with them, and also then nothing is holding the club championship back. Unlike in Tyrone they play to near enough the last 4 or final get beat, and a week later the club championship begins.

So what is the excuse for prior to 2003?
You do realise the Ulster Senior Club Championship has been going since 1968

Football was invented in 2003 - would you please keep up.
Exactly, Peter Canavan invented football

Not he didn't. But he probably  hammered the shit out of your lot!  ;D ;D

Are you not from Manchester. :o

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 27, 2019, 05:26:30 PM »
All opened up for Cross now with Donegal going to a 2nd replay, gives the Cavan champs a great chance at toppling the Donegal champs and they'd then have to face Cross who should dispose of them pretty easily.

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 27, 2019, 07:51:36 PM »
All opened up for Cross now with Donegal going to a 2nd replay, gives the Cavan champs a great chance at toppling the Donegal champs and they'd then have to face Cross who should dispose of them pretty easily.

I'd still be surprised if Castlerahan beat the Donegal champs, even with 3 days notice.

redzone

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 27, 2019, 08:00:01 PM »
Clontibert have been in 9 of the last 14 monaghan finals, they won't fear cross. That will be massive underdogs but I could see a shock being caused next sat night. Looking forward to that game.
There has been some absolute crackers of games over the years in the ulster club

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 27, 2019, 08:44:34 PM »

I'd still be surprised if Castlerahan beat the Donegal champs, even with 3 days notice.

It's a leveller though, certainly gives them a much better chance than normal circumstances.

mrdeeds

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 27, 2019, 08:54:49 PM »

Why Itchy?

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 27, 2019, 09:06:34 PM »

Why Itchy?

Dont think they are good enough

seanyb1

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 28, 2019, 08:15:22 AM »
It seems it is up for debate despite evidence to the contrary lol. They have some good county players so you never know. Very open this year. Cross not as strong as they used to be so no standout contenders.

Watched cross a few times this year. Their scoring ability is excellent. Their defence not so much. Donít know anything about other teams

The two oneills look very dangerous. Clontibret have McManus who will take some watching. I would expect magherafelt still haven't sobered up I think gweedore may not win replay in Donegal though if they do maybe hard to beat too. Hard to pick a favourite.

Speaking to a few Rossa men in work, they certainly are going to give this Ulster a go..have been back hell for leather last week. I think they'll put it up to Kilcoo, 

Armagh18

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 28, 2019, 08:49:44 AM »
Clontibert have been in 9 of the last 14 monaghan finals, they won't fear cross. That will be massive underdogs but I could see a shock being caused next sat night. Looking forward to that game.
There has been some absolute crackers of games over the years in the ulster club
Would have Cross as slight favourites, theyíre quality but still plenty of young lads still finding their feet at this level. Donít know an awful pile about Clontiberet but McManus will cause that Cross full back line serious hassle.

redzone

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 28, 2019, 09:04:22 PM »
Would have Cross as slight favourites, theyíre quality but still plenty of young lads still finding their feet at this level. Donít know an awful pile about Clontiberet but McManus will cause that Cross full back line serious hassle.
Clontibert 3/1with the bookies. Game is being streamed live on BBC sport ni

Armagh18

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 29, 2019, 07:01:09 AM »
Clontibert 3/1with the bookies. Game is being streamed live on BBC sport ni
Should be a good battle and the McEntee angle will add a bit of juice to it. Iím sure itís been posted but what time is throw in?

t_mac

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 29, 2019, 07:46:46 AM »
7pm