Author Topic: Ulster Club SFC 2019  (Read 29419 times)

Pearse Blue

• View Profile
Re: Ulster Club SFC 2019
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2019, 12:05:26 PM »
Looks a wide open competition as there are no stand out teams.

Cross 11/4. Their tradition alone makes them contenders. 2 outstanding talents in the OíNeillís.
Gweedore 3/1. They donít appear to have the same appetite as last year
Kilcoo 4/1. Stumbled through down but this is where mickey Moran has to earn his considerable corn. They have a serious chance
Trillick 9/2. Donít know much about them. Tyroneís record wouldnít inspire confidence
Glenties 11/1. Some quality but outsiders
Magherafelt 11/1. Seems like big odds for Derry champions?
Clontibret 14/1.
Derrygonnolly 16/1. They will not be far off trillick.
Castlerahan 22/1. Know nothing about them

I will tip kilcoo although their odds are poor at 4/1

Cross 11/4. Their tradition alone makes them contenders. 2 outstanding talents in the OíNeillís. - Cant disagree
Gweedore 3/1. They donít appear to have the same appetite as last year - Not the same hunger, no fire in the belly this year it seems
Kilcoo 4/1. Stumbled through down but this is where mickey Moran has to earn his considerable corn. They have a serious chance - too distracted by off field antics
Trillick 9/2. Donít know much about them. Tyroneís record wouldnít inspire confidence - wouldnt look into Tyrones record, its arguably harder to win Tyrone than to win ulster.
Glenties 11/1. Some quality but outsiders - Not near it, werent all that impressive over the weekend in the drawn game.
Magherafelt 11/1. Seems like big odds for Derry champions? - Dark horse, however I think there content with a county title. I could be wrong.. but im always right.
Clontibret 14/1. - kick the thing in and theyll go far.
Derrygonnolly 16/1. They will not be far off trillick. - Nobody is far off Trillick. If your far off trillick you may pack it in, overrated.
Castlerahan 22/1. Know nothing about them - Have a difficult first round test vs Donegal champs, cant see it ending well.
Mystic Soil has spoken

brokencrossbar1

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2019, 12:09:56 PM »

Cross 11/4. Their tradition alone makes them contenders. 2 outstanding talents in the OíNeillís.
Kilcoo 4/1. Stumbled through down but this is where mickey Moran has to earn his considerable corn. They have a serious chance
Trillick 9/2. Donít know much about them. Tyroneís record wouldnít inspire confidence
Clontibret 14/1.

Cross 11/4. Their tradition alone makes them contenders. 2 outstanding talents in the OíNeillís. - Cant disagree
Gweedore 3/1. They donít appear to have the same appetite as last year - Not the same hunger, no fire in the belly this year it seems
Kilcoo 4/1. Stumbled through down but this is where mickey Moran has to earn his considerable corn. They have a serious chance - too distracted by off field antics
Trillick 9/2. Donít know much about them. Tyroneís record wouldnít inspire confidence - wouldnt look into Tyrones record, its arguably harder to win Tyrone than to win ulster.
Glenties 11/1. Some quality but outsiders - Not near it, werent all that impressive over the weekend in the drawn game.
Magherafelt 11/1. Seems like big odds for Derry champions? - Dark horse, however I think there content with a county title. I could be wrong.. but im always right.
Derrygonnolly 16/1. They will not be far off trillick. - Nobody is far off Trillick. If your far off trillick you may pack it in, overrated.
Castlerahan 22/1. Know nothing about them - Have a difficult first round test vs Donegal champs, cant see it ending well.
Mystic Soil has spoken

I hope he is divining correctly...

mrdeeds

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2019, 12:32:20 PM »

Clontibret 14/1.

Clontibret will not be a gimme for Cross. Some talent in the team excluding McManus.

Castlerahan will be better prepared this year after going hard on beer last year with a first title. Cian Mackey probably their most high profile player but Oisin Kiernan and Enda Flanagan county players too and others like Paul Smith and Ronan Flanagan have previously played county. The fact that Donegal replay will work in their favour.

skeog

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2019, 12:47:15 PM »
Trillick best value imo very focussed celebrations were minimal.

mrdeeds

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2019, 12:49:19 PM »
Cross trained last night.

Schkite

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2019, 01:01:19 PM »
Clontibret were on the beer last night

topofthesoil

• topsoil
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2019, 01:05:47 PM »
Trillick best value imo very focussed celebrations were minimal.

Thats just trillick

marty34

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2019, 01:12:48 PM »

Clontibret 14/1.

Clontibret will not be a gimme for Cross. Some talent in the team excluding McManus.

Castlerahan will be better prepared this year after going hard on beer last year with a first title. Cian Mackey probably their most high profile player but Oisin Kiernan and Enda Flanagan county players too and others like Paul Smith and Ronan Flanagan have previously played county. The fact that Donegal replay will work in their favour.

Very open competition this year.  A lot of teams will be fancying their chances.  Experience will be crucial.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2019, 02:45:47 PM »

Clontibret 14/1.

Mystic Soil has spoken

It's arguably harder to win Tyrone champsionship that to win Ulster? Would an Tyrone team win the Down/Derry championship easier
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

under the bar

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2019, 02:50:03 PM »

Clontibret 14/1.

Mystic Soil has spoken

It's arguably harder to win Tyrone champsionship that to win Ulster? Would an Tyrone team win the Down/Derry championship easier

Errigal Ciaran thirds could win the Derry or Down championships ffs! ;D

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2019, 02:54:09 PM »

Clontibret 14/1.

Mystic Soil has spoken

The Tyrone champions genuinely hold their own very well in Ulster. It's very hard for a Tyrone side to gain good experience in Ulster as nobody has retained the Tyrone Championship in recent years. Carrickmore were the last team to do it back in 05.

When you look at the likes of Cross, Scotstown, Kilcoo, Slaughtneill, Ballinderry over the years, they have all dominated their county championship and picked up their county titles in second gear a lot of the time. The Tyrone senior championship is the most difficult county championship to win in Ulster by a mile.

topofthesoil

• topsoil
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2019, 03:01:05 PM »

Clontibret 14/1.

Mystic Soil has spoken

Can only presume you havent watched a Tyrone championship game. Winners of Derry or Down championship in the last 3 years wouldnt even be considered for the Tyrone championship if they were in it, its a whole different ball game.
Gweedore would would have struggled to win the Tyrone championship last year.
Tyrone championship is the most competitive championship in the Country, getting out of it is the hardest part.

And i would add that division 2 winners this year in Tyrone would give a good rattle at a few other county senior championships in Ulster.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 03:03:05 PM by topofthesoil »

marty34

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2019, 03:04:37 PM »

Clontibret 14/1.

Mystic Soil has spoken

Can only presume you havent watched a Tyrone championship game. Winners of Derry or Down championship in the last 3 years wouldnt even be considered for the Tyrone championship if they were in it, its a whole different ball game.
Tyrone championship is the most competitive championship in the Country, getting out of it is the hardest part.

And i would add that division 2 winners this year in Tyrone would give a good rattle at a few other county senior championships in Ulster.

Don't believe this for a minute - come out of Tyrone and they can't compete - simple as that. 

topofthesoil

• topsoil
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2019, 03:11:39 PM »

Clontibret 14/1.

Mystic Soil has spoken

Don't believe this for a minute - come out of Tyrone and they can't compete - simple as that.

Cant compete? incorrect.
Goal at the start of the year for every Tyrone side is to win the Tyrone championship, not the ulster championship. Tyrone is that difficult to win that the clubs give absolutely everything to win it, having little left in the tank for Ulster. Also, Tyrone championship fixtures are a bit of a joke, county board fire them in anywhere, players are the last to know anything. Honestly think if a Top Tyrone side were in the Cavan, Antrim or Down championship they would be challenging for the Ulster club and all ireland every year.
There is a reason why nobody can defend the Tyrone championship lately

mrdeeds

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2019, 03:14:47 PM »

Clontibret 14/1.

Mystic Soil has spoken

Slaughtneil???