Author Topic: Ulster Club JFC/IFC 2019  (Read 7274 times)

DownFanatic

• Floreat Dunum
    • View Profile
Re: Ulster Club JFC/IFC 2019
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2019, 10:18:52 AM »
Ulster JFC

Preliminary Round - 13/10/19
St Patrick's, Lisburn (Antrim) 1-06 v Collegeland (Armagh) 0-13

Quarter Finals - 19/10/19 and 20/10/19

Buncrana (Donegal) 1-14 v Collegeland (Armagh) 0-09
Glack (Derry) 0-06 v Rock (Tyrone) 2-15
Blackhill (Monaghan) 1-16 v Maguiresbridge (Fermanagh) 0-09
Killinkere (Cavan) 1-15 v Bright (Down) 1-10

Semi Finals

Buncrana v Rock
Blackhill v Killinkere

Final

Buncrana v Blackhill

Ulster IFC

Preliminary Round - 19/10/19

Grange (Armagh) 1-05 v Galbally (Tyrone) 0-16

Quarter Finals - 2/11/19 and 3/11/19

Kinawley (Fermanagh) v Glenn (Down)
Magheracloone (Monaghan) v Foreglen (Derry)
Aldergrove (Antrim) v St Naul's (Donegal)
Laragh United (Cavan) v Galbally (Tyrone)

Semi Finals

Glenn v Magheracloone
St Naul's v Galbally

DownFanatic

• Floreat Dunum
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2019, 10:34:16 AM »
Glenn's victory over Kinawley in the IFC shouldn't be underestimated. All season they haven't had Denis Murtagh, Shea Millar or Ronan Millar. All three away on their travels. All three are county seniors. They also didn't have Niall McParland for this game, former county senior captain, who is now based in Qatar. Another former county senior, Mattie Bagnall, didn't start the game.
Be interesting to see how they go against Magheracloone but Glenn have done amazingly well to get this far considering the personnel they are missing.

Minus15

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2019, 11:29:25 PM »
Not sure if Matty ever got called up to county seniors. Denis was in and around squad shortly after his U21 days under wee James I think but wouldn't have got game time in league or championship. The other three were all Senior players who figured for Down last season. Throw Liam Bagnall into the mix there too and that is a lot of talent to be doing without.

Coping without Matty, who has been their top scorer for 11 years for three quarters of Sunday's game, just shows the resilience of that team. Full of admiration  for the work of Tony Bagnall and his management team. A first ever win in Ulster is a great achievement.

general

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 07, 2019, 09:04:42 PM »
Not sure if Matty ever got called up to county seniors. Denis was in and around squad shortly after his U21 days under wee James I think but wouldn't have got game time in league or championship. The other three were all Senior players who figured for Down last season. Throw Liam Bagnall into the mix there too and that is a lot of talent to be doing without.

Coping without Matty, who has been their top scorer for 11 years for three quarters of Sunday's game, just shows the resilience of that team. Full of admiration  for the work of Tony Bagnall and his management team. A first ever win in Ulster is a great achievement.

I'll second that minus 15. Remember the last time me and you ventured into ulster championship football 😂 we can meet in Armagh next Sunday and reminisce about it

Minus15

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2019, 08:30:17 PM »

I'll second that minus 15. Remember the last time me and you ventured into ulster championship football 😂 we can meet in Armagh next Sunday and reminisce about it

I have been back since with similar results

Schkite

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2019, 02:27:41 PM »
Good showing by the Monaghan clubs here - Blackhill junior champions after a great win last night, and Magheracloone through to the intermediate final.