Author Topic: Mayo Millionaire backer withholds Money  (Read 31927 times)

Blowitupref

• There will be at least 2 mins of additional time
    • View Profile
Re: Mayo Millionaire backer withholds Money
« Reply #270 on: February 25, 2020, 12:12:55 AM »
Looks like Mr O'Leary has crossed the point of no return with that tweet yesterday.

https://www.the42.ie/mayo-tim-oleary-5020467-Feb2020/
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

weareros

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 25, 2020, 11:13:19 AM »
Mayo county board blasting this one today.

https://youtu.be/lMxmRlZoZJ0

larryin89

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 25, 2020, 11:18:43 AM »
Is the  supporters foundation organisation now defunct ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That’s all .

rosnarun

• Maigheo Abú
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 25, 2020, 11:37:10 AM »
Amazing efficiency by mayo county board  almost as though thy had the Statement  pre-prepared
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

five points

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 25, 2020, 11:54:33 AM »
Amazing efficiency by mayo county board  almost as though thy had the Statement  pre-prepared

It was surely only a matter of time before it would be needed.

Lar Naparka

• I just know this is gonna be our year!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 25, 2020, 12:24:30 PM »

It was surely only a matter of time before it would be needed.
Arra, I dunno. ;D
I mean the Mayo secretary called poor Tim a donkey in an email and some bright spark got the idea to play Shoe the Donkey on the pa system at a game on Mchale and Timmy still forgave the whole sodden lot of them.
Now, he just let slip what the entire CB are probably thinking and the board tells him to frig off. Doesn't seem fair to me.
In all seriousness although, I think the parting of the ways was coming and if it wasn't te Tweet, it would have been something else.
It's a great pity but since neither party is spilling the beans, I can't pass judgement.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

ballinaman

• MWWSSD
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 25, 2020, 01:23:29 PM »
100% right call by the board. 

Rudi

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 25, 2020, 04:05:35 PM »

I agree, shameful comment. Blaming drink for stupidity is a cop out.

thegreeenandgold

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 25, 2020, 04:33:22 PM »
Said something stupid when he was drunk, not a whole pile different from any amount of GAA followers.  He apologised and removed said tweet, christ Mayo County Board are they that stupid! Maybe trawling the corners of Mayo with raffle tickets will rise them from their stupidity.  You should never look a gift horse in the mouth,  O Leary is passionate and like us all says stupid things at times.  But the treatment he gets for funding Mayo is nothing short of farcical.  Mayo = give us your money and say SFA.  Leave the GAA to the lads who would be hard pressed to put a €5 in the pot.

rosnarun

• Maigheo Abú
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 25, 2020, 04:42:42 PM »
Said something stupid when he was drunk, not a whole pile different from any amount of GAA followers.  He apologised and removed said tweet, christ Mayo County Board are they that stupid! Maybe trawling the corners of Mayo with raffle tickets will rise them from their stupidity.  You should never look a gift horse in the mouth,  O Leary is passionate and like us all says stupid things at times.  But the treatment he gets for funding Mayo is nothing short of farcical.  Mayo = give us your money and say SFA.  Leave the GAA to the lads who would be hard pressed to put a €5 in the pot.
it would have been fine had he been a regular follower but he was not . he was like he Israelis promising a peace deal and starting a new settlement  straight away.
the most we can hope for now is he'll go quietly and not restart the court case maybe stretching things too far but maybe other members of the foundation could keep it going?
after all it was for the good of the GAA in mayo rather than as a sign of support for tim o leary .
Personally I think the apology should have been accepted and if they did not want to deal with him he should be told without any hiding

Farrandeelin

• Hey buckaroo! How are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 25, 2020, 05:17:22 PM »

I agree, shameful comment. Blaming drink for stupidity is a cop out.

Another plus 1 here. For a drunken message there were no spelling mistakes. I initially thought he had the right intention, but his outbursts, however sporadically they will be are not what the GAA is about.
The woman in red has the car parked on the slope.

Dubhaltach

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 25, 2020, 07:46:24 PM »

You should look back over his list of 'demands' last December. What's clear is that he thought that his money could buy him a position of influence in Mayo GAA. Definite right call by the board.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 07:50:57 PM by Dubhaltach »

blast05

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 26, 2020, 12:13:23 AM »
All might have apparently been rosy in the garden from January when statements were released and all was good again again after the election of the new executive.
However, from my view of it, 3 or 4 tweets from O'Leary where he was watching a Mayo match on GAAGO while drinking a €500 bottle of wine (the bottle strategically placed so that everyones was curiosity was perked as to what the brand was and how much it cost) was just the wrong 'look'..... Attention seeking. 'Look how wealthy i am'. 'Now get busy and massage my ego with your replies.'

The tweet on Saturday .... well, one of the problems was it was 'tweets'. He initially sent the tweet with 'Horan out' at end of rugby game and then quickly deleted it after a couple of comments back to him. Then a couple of hours later, it went up again and he engaged a few people with replies.
Again, this is all a bad 'look' .... smacks of a presumption that he actually has some influence in decision making in the county.

My feeling/suspicion is that there are other wealthy people who will now get on board given the better governance plus the impressive people now in the key executive positions; and moreso that any money they contribute won't ultimately be feeding the perception that 'Tim O'Leary is doing a great job' and helping boost his ego, i.e.: he gets credit for money others are contributing.

Bottom line, O'Leary violated the agreements made with the county board and it was a binary simple and correct decision as a consequence. Time to move on and switch the focus back exclusively to the pitch (while also calling out those half-wits who abuse players on social media)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 12:15:22 AM by blast05 »

rosnarun

• Maigheo Abú
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 26, 2020, 04:33:55 PM »
Time to move on and switch the focus back exclusively to the pitch (while also calling out those half-wits who abuse players on social media)

I missed that  and only saw the reaction.
who was being targeted. The only players that really seem to get abuse on the mayo team are hennely, S coen and previously Drake

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #284 on: February 26, 2020, 04:40:56 PM »
Thankfully we have a dignified backer.
Well he would be dignified being a Rosman.
Sure we have an unfair advantage.
1 BIG CUP and 1 Cupeen so far....