Author Topic: "...You're not welcome, you're not from our community"  (Read 405 times)

Fionntamhnach

• "If I won the award for laziness, I'd send somebody to pick it up for me."
    • View Profile
"...You're not welcome, you're not from our community"
« on: September 17, 2019, 09:45:49 PM »
Ardoyne 'threat' forces scaffolding company off site

The owner of a scaffolding company has claimed he was forced out of a job in North Belfast after two 'threatening phone calls'.

Davey Brown, 53, has owned Db Scaffolding for the last 20 years.

The Carrickfergus man told Belfast Live that he was “doing a favour” for a contractor at a site in Ardoyne.

However, he said that when they started the job the contractor received two phone calls saying that Mr Brown and his staff should get off site.

He said: “We were basically told, you’re not welcome, you’re not from our community.

A contractor asked us to do a favour because he couldn’t get anybody to do the job. I went up and met him there. I said that certainly, we’d do it. We have worked all over West Belfast , I’ve done the Ardoyne shops.

“At 9.45am I got call from the contractor and he said: ‘I’m sorry about this but you better get your men off site immediately’.

“He said: ‘I’ve had received two phone calls to tell you you better get the scaffolding stripped and back on that lorry and get out of here’.

“I asked if there were lives at risk and he said: ‘You’ve time to get packed up and get out of here and that’s all I’ve been told’.”

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/ardoyne-threat-forces-scaffolding-company-16933259

Many similar stories in the last few years telling people to "get out, you're not welcome" have nearly always been attributed to loyalist groups. The above report doesn't say whom was behind the threat, but I could make an educated guess.
Fighting against ignorance on the internet since 1999. It's just taking longer than I hoped.

MoChara

• View Profile
Re: "...You're not welcome, you're not from our community"
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 10:18:36 AM »
The talk is they are linked to the UDA, take from that what you will.