Author Topic: 💩 DUP C*ntwatch - there's an election coming up soon...  (Read 193925 times)

Armagh18

• View Profile
Re: 💩 DUP C*ntwatch - somewhat back on-topic!
« Reply #2220 on: December 03, 2021, 08:59:43 AM »
Commission for flags, identity, culture and tradition out today, £800k later and not one agreed implementation and we all know why but it'll be spun that ones as bad as the other.

I was literally about to reply to say that the SDLP will no doubt be first out of the blocks trying to play that particular card. Then I thought to myself, 'they probably already have'. So I went on the BBC news website to read their report....and sure enough, the section of the report where it outlines how SF are calling for the recommendations to be implemented was followed immediately by the SDLP response which is that its the fault of both the DUP and SF.

FFS do the stoops really think people are so stupid that they can't see through this tactic by now?

What recommendations lol. Did you not notice there was no action plan . And wasn't it Naomi long who led the criticism, by the way every party apart from the 2 money suckers criticised it. It's called opposition politics. Now drop that massive chip off your shoulder

"What recommendations?" There were 44 of them. And yes I did notice there was no implementation plan. That's kinda the whole point. As was reported yesterday on Radio Ulster, the DUP only agreed to release the report on the sole condition that there would be no implementation plan. SF, meanwhile, were actively arguing for an implementation plan to be made and calling for the those who were opposed to it, to explain why.

So yeah, a bit f**king warped of the SDLP to attempt to portray this as "they're as bad as eachother". Only fools buy such nonsense. Seemingly, you're among them.

(P.s. If there's one person on this earth that cannot accuse anyone else of having achip on their shoulder, it's you. Is there a single topic on this board that you haven't hijacked to have a cry about SF on?)

Really? We haven't heard much about it since July 2020 when it was in their laps. It would be remiss of any party not to challenge the fact that there is no plan surely?

The Social Democratic and Labour Party (SDLP) has called the decision to publish without an implementation plan "a farce".

SDLP MLA Sinead McLaughlin, who chairs the Stormont committee tasked with scrutinising the work of the first and deputy first ministers, said it underlined the "dysfunction being driven to the heart of government by the DUP/Sinn Fťin relationship".

"It is far too important a challenge to allow this document to become an £800,000 ornament at Stormont Castle," she said.

"In the absence of direction or leadership from the first ministers, I will be seeking to invite the co-chairs of the commission to come to our committee and outline their view on implementation of the report recommendations."

SF last week

"However, since then, for its own reasons, the DUP has resisted all attempts and subsequent deadlines to present a plan to the full executive on implementation of the reportís recommendations," he wrote.

He added: "There is no point working so long and hard for this important report to be put on a shelf."

More or less the same thing. (In fact I think SDLP were lucky not to be pulled on for plagiarism for the shelf/ ornament commentÖ.)

Defs plagiaraism there, you never even cited your quote lol

What exactly was the point in your quote, Fear, if not to make my point for me?

A report was commissioned.
SF want the reports recommendations implemented
The DUP are blocking the implementation and refused to even support the release of the report if it included an implementation plan.

On what planet does Sinead McLaughlin and the SDLP live, where they think people will fall for their attempts to portray SF and the DUP as equally to blame for the lack of an implementation plan? Do think think we don't know they are electioneering?

Imagine that

finally calling it for all that it is..

The truth will set you free Fear..

My original point was why is it when people electioneer and it's not SF it's a massive scandal . But when other way about , ah we were " just calling them out". Massive immaturity levels amongst SF . Politics is a big boys and girls game
Fear if it was the other way about you would be calling SF out for doing this and being economical with the truth and for electioneering. But now that itís not them, your playing it down. Itís your lack of consistency and determination to be on the opposite side of the discussion from SF whatever the costs( to go so far as deflect attention from the DUP in order to have a pop at SF) that makes it tough to take you seriously. Which is a pity as Iíd agree with some of your points. But you just lose credibility.

Someone's got to do it lad. Im pretty much alone in here as a Northern republican who doesn't like SF. I'll keep plugging away and keep speaking for the fairly sizeable but often quiet minority. I'm not prepared to give these crooks a free ride
Canít say I particularly like them these days either but they are miles ahead of any other party.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: December 03, 2021, 09:13:36 AM »
I don't particularly like SF tbh but would you not be better focusing on what they do wrong as opposed to nit picking and then starting to appear like the boy who cried wolf?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: December 03, 2021, 09:39:14 AM »
Yes, but my original post was in response to Snapchat for some reason bringing other parties into it for criticising the report-this is politics and if our politicians don't question a wasted spend on £800k it wont look good to the electorate, the electorate are increasingly starting to look at Stormont as an unworkable waste of money, and they aren't particularly worried about who is the cause -just that money is getting wasted, of course electioneering will be done around this.

Remember

"The First Minister and deputy First Minister of Northern Ireland are the joint heads of government of the Northern Ireland Executive and have overall responsibility for the running of the Executive Office". (First Minister and deputy First Minister of Northern Ireland - Wikipedia, 2021)

trueblue1234

• View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: December 03, 2021, 09:45:56 AM »
Yes, but my original post was in response to Snapchat for some reason bringing other parties into it for criticising the report-this is politics and if our politicians don't question a wasted spend on £800k it wont look good to the electorate, the electorate are increasingly starting to look at Stormont as an unworkable waste of money, and they aren't particularly worried about who is the cause -just that money is getting wasted, of course electioneering will be done around this.

Remember

"The First Minister and deputy First Minister of Northern Ireland are the joint heads of government of the Northern Ireland Executive and have overall responsibility for the running of the Executive Office". (First Minister and deputy First Minister of Northern Ireland - Wikipedia, 2021)
But as Snapchat pointed out you were trying to blame both SF and DUP. Explain how SF would be to blame for not signing off on these recommendations when they tried and DUP refused? Just explain how that logic works? Thatís the issue. Off course you will get people like Rossfan that are too happy to try and take the focus of the DUP but your better than that. Donít drop to that level.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: December 03, 2021, 10:00:14 AM »

Remember

But as Snapchat pointed out you were trying to blame both SF and DUP. Explain how SF would be to blame for not signing off on these recommendations when they tried and DUP refused? Just explain how that logic works? Thatís the issue. Off course you will get people like Rossfan that are too happy to try and take the focus of the DUP but your better than that. Donít drop to that level.

No he was criticising other parties for challenging the report -ridiculous really

trueblue1234

• View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: December 03, 2021, 10:23:48 AM »

Remember

No he was criticising other parties for challenging the report -ridiculous really

No he didnít. He criticised the SDLP for trying to blame SF when itís blatantly obvious the fault is with the DUP. I
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Snapchap

• View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: December 03, 2021, 10:25:00 AM »

Remember

No, I was criticising the SDLP for trying to lay the blame equally with SF and the DUP, when the DUP were the only party at fault. Please don't misrepresent me. My post was abundantly clear:

I was literally about to reply to say that the SDLP will no doubt be first out of the blocks trying to play that particular card. Then I thought to myself, 'they probably already have'. So I went on the BBC news website to read their report....and sure enough, the section of the report where it outlines how SF are calling for the recommendations to be implemented was followed immediately by the SDLP response which is that its the fault of both the DUP and SF.

FFS do the stoops really think people are so stupid that they can't see through this tactic by now?

Can you back up your contention that I "was criticising other parties for challenging the report"? Post up the quote where I did so. I await with interest.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: December 03, 2021, 11:25:24 AM »

Remember

No, I was criticising the SDLP for trying to lay the blame equally with SF and the DUP, when the DUP were the only party at fault. Please don't misrepresent me. My post was abundantly clear:

Can you back up your contention that I "was criticising other parties for challenging the report"? Post up the quote where I did so. I await with interest.

SDLP MLA Sinead McLaughlin said: "The First Ministers have had the FICT report for more than 16 months, it has been eight months since the Assembly voted to compel them to publish the document.

"And now we learn that in that time they have produced not a single idea on how to implement any of the recommendations. It's a farce.

"The Commission was designed to address the longstanding issues of culture and identity that have divided Stormont politicians for far too long.

"Now, having received their recommendations, Michelle O'Neill and Paul Givan can't seem to agree on what to do with them.

"These issues go to the heart of divisions in our society and the failure to reconcile our people. It is far too important a challenge to allow this document to become an £800,000 ornament at Stormont Castle."

Thats what was actually said, I cant stand McLaughlin but I cant see where she blamed SF, rather that they and DUP cant agree, so why did YOU turn into an SDLP thing from hte beginning?

quit yo jibbajabba

• View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: December 03, 2021, 11:32:04 AM »
*tips in looking some DUP bashing*

*leaves quietly*

Snapchap

• View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: December 03, 2021, 11:48:39 AM »
I didn't ask you to quote Sinead McLaughlin. I asked you to provide a quote from me to back up your claim that I  "was criticising other parties for challenging the report"

So have another crack at it. Or just accept you were lying through your teeth and that you actually can understand plain English, and did understand that I was plainly and abruptly criticising the SDLP for trying to apportion blame equally between the DUP and SF when only the DUP were at fault.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: December 03, 2021, 01:10:21 PM »
I didn't ask you to quote Sinead McLaughlin. I asked you to provide a quote from me to back up your claim that I  "was criticising other parties for challenging the report"

So have another crack at it. Or just accept you were lying through your teeth and that you actually can understand plain English, and did understand that I was plainly and abruptly criticising the SDLP for trying to apportion blame equally between the DUP and SF when only the DUP were at fault.

Suer you just did it there yourself lol. Why have i been reduced to this? Move on we are playing draughts and i want to play chess

Snapchap

• View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: December 03, 2021, 02:15:14 PM »
lol the last two pages have largely been people telling you to cop yourself on, but sure you keep telling yourself you're right there, chessmaster.

Franko

• View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: December 03, 2021, 03:55:46 PM »
I didn't ask you to quote Sinead McLaughlin. I asked you to provide a quote from me to back up your claim that I  "was criticising other parties for challenging the report"

Suer you just did it there yourself lol. Why have i been reduced to this? Move on we are playing draughts and i want to play chess

If this is your best effort at draughts, I'm not sure chess is really gonna be your thing...

Mayo Border

• View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: December 14, 2021, 10:44:24 PM »
Today wee Jeffrey voted in house of commons against the UK latest health measures to fight Covid. Some display of leadership from the wee man.

Orior

• View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: December 14, 2021, 11:30:55 PM »
Today wee Jeffrey voted in house of commons against the UK latest health measures to fight Covid. Some display of leadership from the wee man.

Wondwe how the english brexiteers felt about a group of Irish Paddy's voting to shape laws in Engerland?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians