Author Topic: 💩 DUP C*ntwatch - Fleg Lives Matter  (Read 68831 times)

Armagh18

• View Profile
Re: 💩 DUP C*ntwatch - Fleg Lives Matter
« Reply #750 on: April 08, 2021, 12:18:12 PM »
Thought Shinners would have welcomed the violence last night

Shure didn't they do that for 30 years!

Lots of Twitter talk of retaliations tonight

Seems like there could be a serious escalation

Hopefully not

Is there a whatabouttery award thread? I nominate this post.
Shinners have engaged in whataboutery for their entire existence

Arlene Foster's tactic last night was straight out of the Sinn Fein playbook

You'd think NI Irish nationalists would applaud NI British Unionist adoption of SF tactics, it's a compliment if anything - Unionists see how SF tactics have dragged public debate down into the gutter, and they want some of that

NI Irish nationalists certainly can't complain about that

The two sides are well matched

I just feel for the very large section of the NI community who don't want to be part of either "side"

The solution is to get rid of both the DUP and SF through the ballot box and elect reasonable people rather than two parties who groom vulnerable working class youth into criminality, who act like vultures on their communities

That's a certainly skewed outlook on what has happened in the past up here but not surprising. I really don't know where to start.

That must have been some bang on the head you received back in the day.
My take is straight down the line

Northerners insulting people from the Republic has become a common sight on this forum of late, so thanks again for the latest installment of that

For a long time I've warned that rabble rousing for a border poll will cause nothing but trouble in NI

This is continuously disputed by most NI Irish nationalists on this forum, who have consistently underestimated the potential for violence and seem to exist in a fantasy world where NI British Loyalists and Unionists will simply suck it up and take it

And obviously DUP and Loyalist rabble rousing will cause nothing but trouble, like, duh

The thing that annoys a lot of NI Irish nationalists is that reasonable people from the Republic with an interest in the situation in NI can generally read it a lot better than most NI Irish nationalists - because we can sit back and observe with a degree of dispassion and actually see what's going on, whereas a lot of youse can't see the wood for the trees - too much emotional investment, siloed lives, existing in echo chambers, it tends to cloud judgement

A doozy.
Brilliant.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: April 08, 2021, 12:22:51 PM »
Youíre nothing other than a troll or WUM, with your previous loyalty to SF and now your attacks on here at every opportunity shows you up as a clown.

Canít take anything you say with any seriousness. How you keep going after being shown up is embarrassing in fairness.
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

trueblue1234

• View Profile
« Reply #752 on: April 08, 2021, 12:23:20 PM »

Hopefully not

You'd think NI Irish nationalists would applaud NI British Unionist adoption of SF tactics, it's a compliment if anything - Unionists see how SF tactics have dragged public debate down into the gutter, and they want some of that

I just feel for the very large section of the NI community who don't want to be part of either "side"

The solution is to get rid of both the DUP and SF through the ballot box and elect reasonable people rather than two parties who groom vulnerable working class youth into criminality, who act like vultures on their communities

That's a certainly skewed outlook on what has happened in the past up here but not surprising. I really don't know where to start.

Northerners insulting people from the Republic has become a common sight on this forum of late, so thanks again for the latest installment of that

For a long time I've warned that rabble rousing for a border poll will cause nothing but trouble in NI

This is continuously disputed by most NI Irish nationalists on this forum, who have consistently underestimated the potential for violence and seem to exist in a fantasy world where NI British Loyalists and Unionists will simply suck it up and take it

And obviously DUP and Loyalist rabble rousing will cause nothing but trouble, like, duh

The thing that annoys a lot of NI Irish nationalists is that reasonable people from the Republic with an interest in the situation in NI can generally read it a lot better than most NI Irish nationalists - because we can sit back and observe with a degree of dispassion and actually see what's going on, whereas a lot of youse can't see the wood for the trees - too much emotional investment, siloed lives, existing in echo chambers, it tends to cloud judgement

Poor Sid suffers from a real superiority complex. We know better than you.  A year ago his posts, while wafflely in the extreme,  used to hold some valid points. Of late, he just wants to get into a row. Very like the callers to Nolan.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

sid waddell

• View Profile
« Reply #753 on: April 08, 2021, 12:24:13 PM »
It looks increasingly like this is all part of an orchestrated political strategy, stoke the flames, build the rhetoric but keep enough distance so that you can plead ignorance. The row over social distancing breaches at a funeral 9 months ago provided them with some political cover but it was simply a smokescreen for their true objective.

I think the actions of the DUP during the last week has blown their cover. They are attempting to use loyalists as cover to further their political aims. They will try and suck in nationalists to retaliate so that the the media report violence from both sides in the interest of 'balance'.

It can all be dated back to this meeting, would like to have been a fly on the wall there.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-56201532

Iím not sure about the use of ďstrategyĒ here.

Unionismís single biggest problem is that their endgame isnít just a pipe dream, itís physically impossible. The things that would make them happy: British rule with highly conservative values, an endless supply of skilled manual labour jobs, and most importantly, a minority group in their region to tread upon at any given opportunity, would require a time machine and a return to circa 1950 or so.

As itís not possible to devise a strategy to fulfil these wishes, anything theyíre currently getting up to is little more than an attention seeking ploy.

Like the school bully with no friends, who has kind of realised everyone else in his class has got a little bigger and might swing back at him, theyíre currently showing their strength by picking on those who wonít fight back. Itís little more than that. They donít want an actual real fight, because if the bigger lads from the next form feel the need to step in, theyíre probably going to take a proper hiding.

In the sense that they are devoid of any long term strategy I agree totally. The very visible brand of Ulster Loyalism which is setting the agenda for them at present is as alien to much of Britain (whom they cling dearly to) as it is Ireland. It's a mindset deeply ingrained within much of the Ulster Unionism psyche, this need to exert dominance and superiority. Due to a change in demographics the state is no longer providing them with this security to rule in the way that they want and they are lashing out. 

To any outsider looking in it must seem bizarre to witness the scenes of the last week. It is 17th century stuff. Masked men parading in streets holding flags, beating drums and blowing flutes and then sending youths out to protest & riot against the police whom they have turned into the temporary bogeymen. Its mindless stuff but they just go deeper down the rabbit hole.

Ulster Loyalism is alien to most of Britain and yet at the same time its mindset isn't alien to much of it, there really isn't very much difference at all between it and Brexitism when you boil it down, and 17 million people voted for Brexit

The need to exert dominance over "the other" is for sure a cancer within most of British Unionism and Loyalism but nobody should think it doesn't exist within Irish Nationalism either, it absolutely does and we see it here on this forum on a regular basis

Both NI British Unionism and Loyalism and NI Irish Nationalism are bastard children, divorced in some ways from their mother countries yet in other ways still somehow an inextricable part of them

And permanently tethered to each other, like siamese twins attached at the head - and the arse

sid waddell

• View Profile
« Reply #754 on: April 08, 2021, 12:26:14 PM »

Hopefully not

Poor Sid suffers from a real superiority complex. We know better than you.  A year ago his posts, while wafflely in the extreme,  used to hold some valid points. Of late, he just wants to get into a row. Very like the callers to Nolan.
NI based posters here continually exhibit a superiority complex

Like bald men boasting they've found a comb

"Youse in the Free State have no right to an opinion but you've also no right to not have an opinion which doesn't tally exactly with mine"

Jules

• View Profile
« Reply #755 on: April 08, 2021, 12:29:20 PM »
Never seen 2 guys who have been found out trying to cover their back so much, give up lads youíve been busted - itís like a tv mini series, think weíre onto series 28 at this stage.

Armagh18

• View Profile
« Reply #756 on: April 08, 2021, 12:35:49 PM »
Never seen 2 guys who have been found out trying to cover their back so much, give up lads youíve been busted - itís like a tv mini series, think weíre onto series 28 at this stage.
In fairness one is a whole lot worse than the other lately.

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #757 on: April 08, 2021, 12:53:06 PM »

"Youse in the Free State have no right to an opinion but you've also no right to not have an opinion which doesn't tally exactly with mine"

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #758 on: April 08, 2021, 12:56:57 PM »

Hopefully not

Hard core Shinners from NI are no different to parrots who can't deviate  from ideology or the vocabulary even when it or they conflict with reality.

The situation is too.complex for ideology because it requires nuance and only Stoops can do that.
Lookit

trueblue1234

• View Profile
« Reply #759 on: April 08, 2021, 01:51:06 PM »

Hopefully not

Hard core Shinners from NI are no different to parrots who can't deviate  from ideology or the vocabulary even when it or they conflict with reality.

The situation is too.complex for ideology because it requires nuance and only Stoops can do that.
Ahhhh f**k. As if one long winded waffler wasnít enough.

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Snapchap

• View Profile
« Reply #760 on: April 08, 2021, 02:40:59 PM »

Hopefully not

Loyalists wrecking the place and your only contribution to the thread since last night has been to have a yap about SF. Yawn.

Armagh18

• View Profile
« Reply #761 on: April 08, 2021, 02:42:57 PM »

Hopefully not

Loyalists wrecking the place and your only contribution to the thread since last night has been to have a yap about SF. Yawn.
Leave Arlene alone.

APM

• View Profile
« Reply #762 on: April 08, 2021, 03:49:03 PM »

Hopefully not

I'm a Northerner who doesn't insult people from the south.  I believe I have a reasonably sensible view of the situation here at the moment and can view and discuss it dispassionately.  There are some incredibly stupid narrow-minded views on this forum, but your view as expressed above is patronising and given some of your own comments I'm not sure how dispassionate you are yourself.  (It reminds me of a friend of mine who told us that he had the best taste in music and the rest of us, our musical tastes were shite  ;D). 

The circumstances we find ourselves in now are not really about nationalists. For much of it, northern nationalists have been open-mouthed observers of the DUP at the wheel of the slowest moving, highest impact car crash in the history of politics.  The current crisis all relates back to the DUP and its handling of Brexit.  There is lots of points scoring on this board and right across social media. Some people are getting exercised, others are having fun with it. In terms of peace, I see this as potentially the most dangerous time in northern politics since the mid-1990s and Drumcree. 

This is all about Brexit. The NI Protocol is the probably the greatest economic and constitutional change in NI since 1922. This outcome can be 90% laid at the door of the DUP and their decision making throughout the Brexit process.  The UK government is also to blame, but the DUP had a confidence and supply deal that should have given them the opportunity to press for a soft Brexit, which was clearly in their interest.  Instead, at every turn they pursued the hardest form of Brexit possible and placed their trust in Westminster politicians who betrayed them and prioritized the sovereignty of Great Britain at the expense of the integrity of the UK and NI's place in it. 

When the DUP say that they want rid of the protocol, they know that it isn't going anywhere.  The only alternative to it is even worse chaos, so it cannot be removed.  Yet they are not being honest with their constituents.  They should tell them this and explain why this outcome was inevitable.  However, instead, they are giving their constituents the impression that the protocol can be removed and I'm sure the comments of some representatives have encouraged street disturbances. This is extremely dangerous, precisely because there is little or no wriggle room and they are in a corner.

The only wriggle room there has been has been for the UK government to break the law and put derogations in place.  Needless to say, these did nothing to quell the political opposition, but they have quietened much of the business opposition. Where many unionists and loyalists are against the protocol is on the principal (very high-level) of sovereignty and they do not necessarily understand or care that these easements resolve business issues.  They want rid of the sea border, full stop. 

What many unionists may not appreciate, is that the less the EU can rely on the UK to mind their backdoor in Belfast and Larne, the greater the motivation for a United Ireland in Europe (to maintain the integrity of the single market) and in Ireland (to protect their place in the Single Market). Therefore it is in unionists' interest to have the protocol implemented legally, but to the benefit of NI business, which it clearly could be. 

Throughout the Brexit process, unionism has made one mistake after another because they have been unable to think strategically.  Now they are not behaving responsibly and are trying desperately to hold on to support by playing to the extremes using disingenuous arguments. 

If the situation continues to boil over, it will be northerners who have to clean up the mess, worry about their families and live with the madness.

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #763 on: April 08, 2021, 03:55:48 PM »

Hopefully not

A doozy.

Is this the same guy? Where did this post come from? Reminds me of a broken marriage, he was in love at the start but when it broke up he became very very bitter indeed and even though he cant have her he gets very angry if anyone else loves her instead ;)

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #764 on: April 08, 2021, 04:10:52 PM »

Hopefully not

A doozy.

Is this the same guy? Where did this post come from? Reminds me of a broken marriage, he was in love at the start but when it broke up he became very very bitter indeed and even though he cant have her he gets very angry if anyone else loves her instead ;)

Yep.

I've put a good few up already. He's basically done a complete 180 in the past 3/4 years and is now trying to revise history.

There's no sincerity and genuine feeling to what he says, it's just a stream of emotional and embittered ranting. When you take the credibility away from someone who wants to get up on their soapbox and lecture people then it makes them quite redundant. Sid should be taking himself to task before starting with anyone else on here.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL