BBC NI Bias?

Started by Applesisapples, August 20, 2019, 12:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

t_mac

Quote from: trailer on August 23, 2019, 12:37:50 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on August 23, 2019, 09:03:21 AM
Quote from: Sportacus on August 22, 2019, 10:40:32 PM
To be fair a caller was pretty bitter and derogatory towards Claire Hanna today and William Crawley was straight on it, called him out and shut him down.  And so he should of course.

He didn't shut him down. The caller insulted her personally twice, didn't contribute anything but abuse towards her, and Crawley (who is one of the better ones) just kept trying to get him to ask a q instead of cutting him straight off. He was on for two minutes, and Crawley just let him tail off without saying something about it as he should have.

They can't win. Here's a good example. Two posters obviously listened to the same segment but both have different opinions on how it was handled.

Whereas you would just make something up.  ;D

trueblue1234

To be fair a caller was pretty bitter and derogatory towards Claire Hanna today and William Crawley was straight on it, called him out and shut him down.  And so he should of course.

He didn't shut him down. The caller insulted her personally twice, didn't contribute anything but abuse towards her, and Crawley (who is one of the better ones) just kept trying to get him to ask a q instead of cutting him straight off. He was on for two minutes, and Crawley just let him tail off without saying something about it as he should have.

They can't win. Here's a good example. Two posters obviously listened to the same segment but both have different opinions on how it was handled.

Like someone listening to an interview where a couple of farmers were interviewed and some else listening to the same interview and hearing 90% of NI farmers interviewed.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

trailer

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 23, 2019, 01:02:08 PM

Like someone listening to an interview where a couple of farmers were interviewed and some else listening to the same interview and hearing 90% of NI farmers interviewed.

That's wasn't my point but hey if you can't understand it there's nothing I can do for you.

Applesisapples

Quote from: trailer on August 23, 2019, 01:18:07 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 23, 2019, 01:02:08 PM

That's wasn't my point but hey if you can't understand it there's nothing I can do for you.
My original point was about the difference in interviewing Nationalists and Unionists, they tend to allow Unionists to make statements unchallenged, Doug Beattie was at it again on GMU on Friday regarding the back stop. I want to see robust interrogation of all political reps. There is a certain amount of institutional bias within the BBC which will take time to eradicate. They do have some good reporters such as Mark Simpson but the anchors seem to me to be unionist sheep, even our Seamus.

Milltown Row2

The best solution is don't listen or watch their news.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

And a campaign of not paying TV licences
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

GJL

Bryson tweeted a video of Billy Wright on Friday night glorifying him. One of the worst sectarian murderers of the troubles. Yet there is hardly a day he is not on BBC radio. Nolan needs to wise up.

Hereiam

I do believe since the death of Ian Paisley snr that Unionism/Loyalism (what is the difference) has struggled for a voice and this little mouth piece thinks he is it.
I do believe that there was a joint decision by some quarters in the DUP/UUP/UVF/UDA that this tit fronts the social media effort for their cause. What a mistake.

GJL

Quote from: Hereiam on August 26, 2019, 12:59:32 PM
I do believe since the death of Ian Paisley snr that Unionism/Loyalism (what is the difference) has struggled for a voice and this little mouth piece thinks he is it.
I do believe that there was a joint decision by some quarters in the DUP/UUP/UVF/UDA that this tit fronts the social media effort for their cause. What a mistake.

Surely they could not get together as a group and come to a collective decision that he is the man for the job. My Labrador has more brains than him.

BennyCake

Quote from: GJL on August 26, 2019, 11:58:37 AM
Bryson tweeted a video of Billy Wright on Friday night glorifying him. One of the worst sectarian murderers of the troubles. Yet there is hardly a day he is not on BBC radio. Nolan needs to wise up.

Nolan needs taking off the air. It's a platform for bigoted wingnuts from both sides to spew their vile sectarian opinions, that serves to add to the everyday hatred in this state.

While Talkback does similar, your man Crawley is a better anchor, and doesn't allow as much crap to happen as Nolan.

Franko

Mountbatten...

A few days ago, declassified FBI files showed that he was an alleged paedophile who (again allegedly) had boys shipped to Classiebawn from Kincora during his summer stays so he could abuse them.

A few of the more underground news outlets have been writing about this for a while, and have some quite compelling evidence, but no one was seemingly willing to give it any mainstream coverage.

However, you would think that with the release of an FBI dossier outlining pretty much this, the main news outlet in the country would have at least something to say on it.

But, true to form with the BBC, we had not a peep, not even as much as an article on the website.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Franko on August 27, 2019, 07:50:43 AM
Mountbatten...

A few days ago, declassified FBI files showed that he was an alleged paedophile who (again allegedly) had boys shipped to Classiebawn from Kincora during his summer stays so he could abuse them.

A few of the more underground news outlets have been writing about this for a while, and have some quite compelling evidence, but no one was seemingly willing to give it any mainstream coverage.

However, you would think that with the release of an FBI dossier outlining pretty much this, the main news outlet in the country would have at least something to say on it.

But, true to form with the BBC, we had not a peep, not even as much as an article on the website.

Can you please provide link to this info? Thanks

(edit: https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/fbi-files-claim-lord-louis-mountbatten-had-a-perversion-for-young-boys/news-story/3647da9b3e938ae4aa5d0f3608639479)
Hasta la victoria siempre

imtommygunn

In general I would say BBC can tend to be a bit of an Israeli mouthpiece so they have a bit of form not just here.

Hereiam

Even done a piece on Pedo Mountbatten today, have they no shame.

markl121