Who will you be shouting for and why?

Started by From the Bunker, August 15, 2019, 04:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will you be shouting for in this years Football AI and why?

Neither team - couldn't care less, just want a good game!
11 (14.7%)
Dublin - I like Dublin football and admire this team.
20 (26.7%)
Dublin - I want their continued domination to force change.
21 (28%)
Kerry - I like Kerry football and see them as the way to bring football back to normal.
19 (25.3%)
Kerry - I like Kerry football and admire this team.
4 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Voting closed: August 25, 2019, 04:29:39 PM

larryin89

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 16, 2019, 12:08:47 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on August 15, 2019, 11:24:23 PM
I think it's horrible they will get the five , it makes me sick if I'm honest . People go on about Kerry supporters been this n that well I never experienced them going on like them absolute xxxxxxxxx on the hill 16 , some of Ye must not really attend games at all . Section 301 cussack last week only in our latest game against them , Mayo supporter punched for shouting hon Mayo and plenty witnessed it , Garda had to come in . There is a section of dubs supporters totally different in a bad way to any other county's supporters .

You just wait until you beat them a bhuachaill, just you wait!  :P

Kerry ? I've seen us beat Kerry in 1996 semi final, 2017 semi final and league final this year also . ( a fair few league wins also down the years) .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

t_mac

Quote from: Dire Ear on August 15, 2019, 04:34:38 PM
Still gutted after Tyrone's fold in the second half and wasn't gonna even bother watching it; but probably the Dubs- don't like the way Kerry ( team, ex players , fans even ) carry themselves

Whereas Tyrone personnel and fans carry themselves well.  ::)

t_mac

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 15, 2019, 05:04:45 PM
Dublin, Kerry fans are insufferable.

Ah bless, is that what put over the edge to lock the thread.  ;D ;D

APM

I see the Dubs well in the lead! Clearly they used their financial power to fix this poll, either by employing master hackers from the Ukraine or lobbying and bribing the board members.

They are an awful pack of hoors!

Hon Kerry

Hound

Quote from: chrissears on August 15, 2019, 11:16:07 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on August 15, 2019, 06:13:23 PM
Continued domination to force change....??

Do you think the GAA are going to admit they fucked up the whole championship by funding Dublin? Will they shite.

They'll persist with the shite that Dublin got their act together, and it's up to the other counties to get up off their knees.

While I'd like to think a Dublin win would force change, it won't. So, even though they have 37 already, I'll be supporting Kerry.

Totally agree, some counties have been on their knees for a while and will stay there for even longer.
Leinster has been a joke for a few years now, Dubs are winning by not getting out of second gear.
I don't understand GAA on the funding issue, it is no good for any sport to have one team so superior.

Benny, chris, did you read this article?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/columnists/kieran-shannon/the-kieran-shannon-interview-the-real-jackanory-behind-dublins-perfect-storm-942964.html

I think the purpose was to say how the games development funding has propelled Dublin to the top. And while that got some lip service, the real/main reasons are explained in good detail.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2019, 12:50:26 AM
I'll be shouting for Tipp, mainly because they have surprised me this year, Kilkenny deserve some credit also in fairness but Tipp just shade it for me.

What kills me mainly is the amount of crap discussed about football! It's literally dung but it doesn't stop the shit being talked about it. I hope Dublin continue to wipe the floor with everyone in football as you can produce 'footballers' with money, but no amount of money will produce hurlers

Ahem. JP. Cough.

Rossfan

The team that won a Hurley AI while hitting a few lorry loads of wides ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

I think Kerrys carry on about the ref was disgusting. The biggest day of the refs life ruined by those gobshites. The idea that a Meath man would be biased towards dublin? I also think the dubs are a fantastic team and so I hope they give Kerry a good trimming.

imtommygunn

weareros

I would like to see Kerry if only to stop the tiresome stuff about financial doping. I still believe good footballers are bred and nourished by amateurs (parents, neighbors, teachers - even lads sitting on barstools dreaming about a point that was scored back in the 40s). Kerry breed good footballers better than anyone, but Dublin have now produced a brilliant generation of skilled footballers. Let's give credit where credit is due. Hoping for a close game and a young Kerry team to burst a gut to preserve the records of their fathers and their fathers fathers fathers.

Halfquarter

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 15, 2019, 10:53:26 PM
I personally hope Dublin beat Kerry out the gate. From my experience, Kerry have proven themselves time and again to be ungracious winners and particularly ungracious losers. They play up to the country bumkin yerra bullshit  "ah sure we just turn up and play the game" but are the most cynical team in the country. This cynicism has even infiltrated the media with Kerry men everywhere you look writing articles and giving "analysis" whereby the sole intention is to promote the myth of Kerry football. And if I was in any doubt about who I wanted to win, that interview with Peter Keane where his was yerraing on about hoping they can keep the ball kicked out to Dublin left me hoping that the Dubs ram his words down his throat.

I'd have to agree with you about the media manipulation by former Kerry players.

Both Aidan O'Mahony and Eamon Fitzmaurice produced articles about how Mayo players were going to bully the Kerry garsúns in the Super 8 match,pathetic sh*t.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 16, 2019, 10:51:43 AM
I'll be shouting for Tipp, mainly because they have surprised me this year, Kilkenny deserve some credit also in fairness but Tipp just shade it for me.

What kills me mainly is the amount of crap discussed about football! It's literally dung but it doesn't stop the shit being talked about it. I hope Dublin continue to wipe the floor with everyone in football as you can produce 'footballers' with money, but no amount of money will produce hurlers

Ahem. JP. Cough.

One every 40 plus years is a very poor return of investment
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2019, 02:07:30 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 16, 2019, 10:51:43 AM

Ahem. JP. Cough.

One every 40 plus years is a very poor return of investment

P Kinnerk should be on Dublin's shopping list if AIG are serious about lifting a hurling AI.

clarshack

Quote from: Itchy on August 16, 2019, 12:59:10 PM
I think Kerrys carry on about the ref was disgusting. The biggest day of the refs life ruined by those gobshites. The idea that a Meath man would be biased towards dublin? I also think the dubs are a fantastic team and so I hope they give Kerry a good trimming.

+1