Author Topic: Dublin v Kerry All Ireland Final 2019  (Read 34711 times)

WT4E

• View Profile
Re: Dublin v Kerry All Ireland Final 2019
« Reply #615 on: September 02, 2019, 10:09:34 PM »
Video doing the rounds of Kerry and Dublin fans singing expletives about Tyrone. What a great bunch of lads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9tHRsvvZWg

Kinda funny and i'm from Tyrone - who cares. Makes me feel my county is worthwhile to be on the minds of the big hitters even on All Ireland Final day

Dire Ear

• View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 02, 2019, 10:36:07 PM »
Exactly, it really doesn’t matter. 

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #617 on: September 02, 2019, 10:40:02 PM »
It's just young lads slagging! Fun!

omaghjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 02, 2019, 11:36:55 PM »
Whats a tie roan now?

tyroneman

• View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 03, 2019, 08:52:53 AM »
As the old saying goes...only thing worse than being talked about.......

TheGreatest

• View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 03, 2019, 09:42:29 AM »
What a great final, the quality of football not overally good but the game had everything, loads of talking points, fair play to Kerry to putting it up to the Dubs. The last 10 minutes was so intense, i was shaking, similair to the Mayo finals.

I know the incidents will be analysed to death but personally i have no complaints, Gough was good for the majority of the game, some calls go you way some days, some dont, just get on with it.

Dublin missed the chances to win it, 6 wides in the last 10 minutes, made some good turnovers too, too many big players didnt show up for Dublin, i cant see that happening again.

Hopeing for another great match between the Aristocrats of game.

Maroon Manc

• View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 03, 2019, 12:56:39 PM »
An enthralling game and that was only because of the sending off, if it hadn't happened Dublin would have cruised home like last year; Even with the sending off dublin controlled the rest of the game apart from a crazy ten mins where Kerry hit 1-4 whilst the Dubs hit a point. Before that they were in total control and during the last 10 minutes afterwards Kerry didn't even have an attempt at the posts whilst Dublin had around 7 despite been a man down. I was very disappointed with Geaney, wouldn't be the first time he's gone missing against the Dubs. kerry will relying on the Dubs going a man down again the next day to give them a chance.

It was high in drama and tension but miles off the quality of the 2017 final.

Armagh18

• View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 03, 2019, 01:36:02 PM »
An enthralling game and that was only because of the sending off, if it hadn't happened Dublin would have cruised home like last year; Even with the sending off dublin controlled the rest of the game apart from a crazy ten mins where Kerry hit 1-4 whilst the Dubs hit a point. Before that they were in total control and during the last 10 minutes afterwards Kerry didn't even have an attempt at the posts whilst Dublin had around 7 despite been a man down. I was very disappointed with Geaney, wouldn't be the first time he's gone missing against the Dubs. kerry will relying on the Dubs going a man down again the next day to give them a chance.

Kerry better team for large parts of first half before sending off, should have had two goals and Clifford had some poor wides also.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 03, 2019, 02:35:17 PM »
Dubs had a higher conversion rate
Lookit

red hander

• Masters of the dark arts since 1996
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 03, 2019, 04:38:58 PM »
Anybody know any bars in Side in Turkey likely to be showing the replay?

Blowitupref

• There will be at least 2 mins of additional time
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: September 03, 2019, 08:05:26 PM »

Kerry better team for large parts of first half before sending off, should have had two goals and Clifford had some poor wides also.
If Kerry had led at half time instead of 4 points behind?

As Kevin McStay said in his piece on the Irish times. Kerry only scored 8 times from 18 chances first half and that is not good. On another day could easily have scored 2-10 in the 1st half when the game was 15 v 15.  Dublin in the 1st half scored 10 times from 14 shots. They only became wasteful in the final ten minutes with just 1 score from 6 attempts at goal.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

balladmaker

• Irish To The Core!
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: September 04, 2019, 08:20:27 AM »
I counted 7 steps by Spillane from bounce to scoring the goal ... just saying.

Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 04, 2019, 08:53:30 AM »

Only 7?
Check out the steps by Murphy before his shot that Cluxton tipped onto the crossbar  :o

t_mac

• View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 04, 2019, 08:56:52 AM »

FFS the step rule went out years ago, they should change it to 8.

Solo_run

• View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 04, 2019, 11:24:01 AM »

Mayo had the better of Dublin in the first half of the semi final. They won't get the better of Dublin next time.