Author Topic: Next Laois football manager  (Read 35336 times)

Chrimtain

• View Profile
Re: Next Laois football manager
« Reply #120 on: August 09, 2019, 01:15:32 PM »
Its Kildare or nowhere for Jack O'Connor.

Rumors abound that Laois have approached a good few outsiders about the job, its seems a character like Eddie Brennan for the footballers is on the cards. From what I hear it'll only be a Laois man if the outsider route fails.

Any names?

High Fielder

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 09, 2019, 01:21:37 PM »
Johnny Doyle. Padraig Joyce

Zooming around

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 09, 2019, 01:21:48 PM »
Darragh O'Se must be one.

Jason Sherlock
Padraig Joyce

les Antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 09, 2019, 01:34:46 PM »
Pat Gilroy another one but I think  his work commitments have ruled him out .
Jack O'Connor to Kildare far from been complete . Sarsfields Davy Burke has put up a good case apparently.

Butch Cassidy

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 09, 2019, 07:03:41 PM »
Declan Darcy would be an interesting one if he was interested .

GAA-SMART

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 10, 2019, 01:39:06 PM »
It will either be someone completely out of the box of thought or it will be a John Evans type if not John himself. Is there a rough time frame for it to be moved along?

Chrimtain

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 10, 2019, 02:52:02 PM »
It will either be someone completely out of the box of thought or it will be a John Evans type if not John himself. Is there a rough time frame for it to be moved along?

Surely not. Isn't Evans the type of journeyman we have been saying we don't want.

Silkyskillssunshinee

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 10, 2019, 03:00:43 PM »

Surely not. Isn't Evans the type of journeyman we have been saying we don't want.

Don't think GAA-SMART is saying he wants to see Evans get the gig, just that it's a possibility. It wouldn't surprise me if Peter Creedon 2.0 walked through the door.

The Saint

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 10, 2019, 03:14:41 PM »
Would Jason Ryan be a good option?

South Laois man

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 10, 2019, 03:33:42 PM »
The appointment of Evans would straight away reverse everything that John Sugrue put right. I would love to see Jack O Connor get the job but unfortunately I don't think that's going to happen. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be too many options out there.

GAA-SMART

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 10, 2019, 03:44:17 PM »

Don't think GAA-SMART is saying he wants to see Evans get the gig, just that it's a possibility. It wouldn't surprise me if Peter Creedon 2.0 walked through the door.

In no way am I saying John Evans is the man, I am just noting i wouldnt be suprised to see that type walk through the door.

Jason Ryan is a great coach, I doubt he wouldn't want to be the main man but id say certainly open to involvement if leaving the Cork set up.

Is there any moves on Minor / 20s ?

portlaoisekid

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 10, 2019, 04:55:34 PM »
Its Kildare or nowhere for Jack O'Connor.

Rumors abound that Laois have approached a good few outsiders about the job, its seems a character like Eddie Brennan for the footballers is on the cards. From what I hear it'll only be a Laois man if the outsider route fails.

Any names?
I heard both  Padraic Joyce and Thomas O'Se were approached , Joyce not a flat out no  but waiting for Galway decision and O'Se has no interest .

BallyroanAbu

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 10, 2019, 05:46:27 PM »
Padraig Joyce unlikely, successful business in the West based in Tuam.  He was subsidizing Galway U20 backroom.  Just donít see him taking Laois.

GAA-SMART

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 11, 2019, 06:37:20 PM »
Joyce wants the Galway Job but took abit of damage after the 20s loss to Dublin. What about a Kevin Mc Stay / Liam McHale ?

The PRO

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 12, 2019, 10:17:36 AM »
I'm hearing whispers that John Sugrue will part of Jack o'connor's team of the gets the kildare job.
I'm also hearing that the fault for Sugrue not staying on lies firmly with our county board. If true, they have serious questions to answer.