Tír Eoghain vs Átha Cliath, An Omaigh, Sunday 4th August @ 4pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 21, 2019, 09:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: giveballaghback on July 22, 2019, 11:21:19 PM
This game is a farce but not as big a farce as the ros v cork game, in the other group we have Mayo who have lost 2 games playing donegal who have lost no game and if mayo win donegal are out.
This whole super8 is a joke and supporters are voting with their feet.

Ireland reached the quarter final of Italia 90 without winning a game. These things happen in sport.  :P

TheGreatest

Quote from: Hound on July 23, 2019, 10:00:14 AM
Quote from: TheGreatest on July 23, 2019, 09:01:56 AM

Dont want to get involved in fan for fan tantrums .....
Should definitely have stopped there. underthebar and pricereilly are mindless cretins and interacting with them brings you down to their level.

I should have and apologise, but you know it can easily work both ways, the Tyrone folk are alright and we were treated very well in Omagh last year.

Without Moderation of the forum, it will decend and has decended to this nonense.

Do people want Dublin fans on this forum, probably dont.

RedHand88

Quote from: dublin7 on July 22, 2019, 07:09:51 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 22, 2019, 06:24:31 PM
The way some of them got on in Omagh last year was disgraceful.

Would habe been nice to have been allowed buy a cup of tea in the main stand last year, but werent allowed in by the local stewards.

Stands were a long way from the pitch, but to be fair that was Mickey Harte's decision

There's tea available at the shop beside the toilets at the gortin road entrance. But let's be honest, it's not tea that they were after was it?
Can you understand how you can't be allowed into the stand when the stand is all ticket and reserved seating? Sure it would be chaos!! It's the equivalent of having a hill 16 ticket and walking across the pitch to the Hogan because you wanted to meet your mate in the bar...

ziggysego

Dont want to get involved in fan for fan tantrums but Tyrone fans are better than Dublin fans in their behaviour is what i am hearing here, Dublin fans have their bad apples all right, especially in the past, however Tyronen are  the most violent county in the country, most likey people sitting in the stands who murdered people, innocent people, and falls over to the football pitch, county chairmans being knocked out at a ladies county finals, a manager who supports rapists in court. Tyrone fans can be a horrible shower in the stands behaving like animals shouting racist and homophopic slurs, violent taunts.

Anyway gents back to the game, i would expect 2 strong teams and im going for a draw, Omagh is a tough place to go and last years game was very tight with a few calls going Dublins way.

It was a Kerry man who threw the punch and knocked the chairman out.

But that is neither here nor there. Scandalous post and nothing to do with anything but muck flinging. GAABoard has gone to pot in recent years, which is why I rarely post anymore, but this is sinking it to new lows.
Testing Accessibility

dublin7

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 23, 2019, 10:43:51 AM

Would habe been nice to have been allowed buy a cup of tea in the main stand last year, but werent allowed in by the local stewards.

Stands were a long way from the pitch, but to be fair that was Mickey Harte's decision

There's tea available at the shop beside the toilets at the gortin road entrance. But let's be honest, it's not tea that they were after was it?
Can you understand how you can't be allowed into the stand when the stand is all ticket and reserved seating? Sure it would be chaos!! It's the equivalent of having a hill 16 ticket and walking across the pitch to the Hogan because you wanted to meet your mate in the bar...

Didn't want to get into the stand, just a cup of tea from the clubhouse. The stewards spiteful enjoyment at telling pensioners they coudn't get a cup of tea was particularly distasteful.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: dublin7 on July 23, 2019, 12:26:44 PM

Didn't want to get into the stand, just a cup of tea from the clubhouse. The stewards spiteful enjoyment at telling pensioners they coudn't get a cup of tea was particularly distasteful.

Sounds like you wanted to walk past where they actually sell the tea, to try and gain access to an area you didn't have a ticket for to ask for tea just to be annoying or didn't fancy joining a queue (God Forbid).

Also sounds like your complaining about your own stupidity.

Christ.

larryin89

Nothing quite as horrible as the stewards on the hill blatantly showing preferential treatment to simo damo and Johnno . Sssshhh I've witnessed it
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

RedHand88

See, what i saw with my eyes was a bunch of yobs who entered the terrace only to realise to their horror that their isn't a bar on it because,  amazingly, not every ground in the country has the facilities that croke park has.

When they were told they couldn't get through the gate to the bar for a drink, they proceeded to jump the fence and walk across the pitch(!) to the stand. My uncle was the steward on that gate and got called all sorts.

I'll finish by saying the majority of dublin fans carried themselves with dignity and respect and will be welcome back in two weeks. There's just an element of them that behave in a way that wouldnt fly in any other sport.

kerryforsam19

Quote from: under the bar on July 22, 2019, 11:10:22 PM

I don't think it was tea you soccer-like lager louts were after!
Quote from: priceyreilly on July 22, 2019, 06:35:28 PM
Quote from: under the bar on July 22, 2019, 06:01:04 PM
Quote from: priceyreilly on July 22, 2019, 05:28:57 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on July 22, 2019, 05:25:46 PM
Yeah they would also tell you they've not played any home ones either.
I can see the stadium being covered in flags this year and not just Palestine ones.

They have a history of talking complete sh1te, I agree.

And annoyingly singing soccer chants at matches..

Booing and jeering like a troop of monkeys as well. Probably scagging after a long night on the gear in fairness.

;D

The best part of Dublin dominance is the annoyance of other county fans, i know it upsets you all but . . . . . its going ot continue for a few more years.

Dont want to get involved in fan for fan tantrums but Tyrone fans are better than Dublin fans in their behaviour is what i am hearing here, Dublin fans have their bad apples all right, especially in the past, however Tyronen are  the most violent county in the country, most likey people sitting in the stands who murdered people, innocent people, and falls over to the football pitch, county chairmans being knocked out at a ladies county finals, a manager who supports rapists in court. Tyrone fans can be a horrible shower in the stands behaving like animals shouting racist and homophopic slurs, violent taunts.

Anyway gents back to the game, i would expect 2 strong teams and im going for a draw, Omagh is a tough place to go and last years game was very tight with a few calls going Dublins way.

Sweet jesus . Why cant people just talk about the actual game on this board. Every Dublin thread match thread turns into same dung. Ye have another 20+ threads on this already. Are the mods on holiday?

kerryforsam19

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 23, 2019, 09:03:39 AM

I can see the stadium being covered in flags this year and not just Palestine ones.

Booing and jeering like a troop of monkeys as well. Probably scagging after a long night on the gear in fairness.

;D

The best part of Dublin dominance is the annoyance of other county fans, i know it upsets you all but . . . . . its going ot continue for a few more years.

Dont want to get involved in fan for fan tantrums but Tyrone fans are better that Dublin fans in their behaviour is what i am hearing here, Dublin fans have their bad apples all right, especially in the past, however Tyronen are  the most violent county in the country, most likey people sitting in the stands who murdered people, innocent people, and falls over to the football pitch, county chairmans being knocked out at a ladies county finals, a manager who supports rapists in court. Tyrone fans can be a horrible shower in the stands behaving like animals shouting racist and homophopic slurs, violent taunts.

This board is away to f**k lately.

+1

kerryforsam19

Quote from: TheGreatest on July 23, 2019, 09:08:12 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 23, 2019, 09:03:39 AM

;D

Dont want to get involved in fan for fan tantrums but Tyrone fans are better that Dublin fans in their behaviour is what i am hearing here, Dublin fans have their bad apples all right, especially in the past, however Tyronen are  the most violent county in the country, most likey people sitting in the stands who murdered people, innocent people, and falls over to the football pitch, county chairmans being knocked out at a ladies county finals, a manager who supports rapists in court. Tyrone fans can be a horrible shower in the stands behaving like animals shouting racist and homophopic slurs, violent taunts.

This board is away to f**k lately.

I agree, i dont mind talk of Dublin at all and debating, buts it the poluting of all match thrreads with rubbish posts, match threads should be about the match, players, tactics etc etc, there are numerous threads on Dublin, why not use one of them for spouting crap and insults and slander and leave the match threads to football talk.

Lads like Dennis Breen, Mup, Rossfan, Manfromdelmonte and from the bunker seem to be usual suspects for this. Could we put Dublin discussions in one thread like boards?

TheGreatest

Quote from: ziggysego on July 23, 2019, 11:40:47 AM

It was a Kerry man who threw the punch and knocked the chairman out.

But that is neither here nor there. Scandalous post and nothing to do with anything but muck flinging. GAABoard has gone to pot in recent years, which is why I rarely post anymore, but this is sinking it to new lows.

I was illustrating that mud can sling both ways if that is the game that wants be played on a forum with no moderation and in particular when one county comes in for it more than others, and yes i know Tyrone get their fair share of abuse here too.

redhandefender

This is incredibly stupid. as has been pointed out, if the stand was not sectioned off it would be a nightmare. Unfortunately the clubhouse is beside the stand. Also pointed out you can get tea at both sides of the terrace section as there are 2 shops and tea stands.

Fuzzman

Like most counties you will get decent fans and then you'll get lads up for the piss up and to stir shite.
I've been in the hill loads of times and whilst there are loads of decent enough folk in there, it's normally the rough ones that you notice more and tend to create the atmosphere of it being a bit rowdy and scary.
I wonder will they sing come on you black and tans/"red hands" this year.

I'd say Dublin will rest a few of their older players but sure their B team will beat most A teams and are hungry to push for a starting place or at least get into the first 26.

dublin7

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on July 23, 2019, 12:44:48 PM

Sounds like you wanted to walk past where they actually sell the tea, to try and gain access to an area you didn't have a ticket for to ask for tea just to be annoying or didn't fancy joining a queue (God Forbid).

Also sounds like your complaining about your own stupidity.

Christ.

Yeah having a go a pensioners makes me the c**t. Cead Mile failte doesn't apply up there or maybe it just an anti dublin thing.