2019 All Ireland Football Qualifiers

Started by Don Draper, June 11, 2019, 02:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joeythelips

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on June 27, 2019, 08:10:45 AM
I'll be having a few quid on Offaly, have been following them since Maughan took over, they were exceptionally unlucky in the league, Louth, Westmeath, Longford could all have been bet and promotion secured

I dont bet but apparently the bookies have the handicap set at 2 points in Laois favour, that sounds about right to me. It will be very close and I think it will be highscoring too. Hopefully our advantage in terms of big game experience should help but it will be mighty close. At least our game is at 7 so the heat wont be too much of an issue.

Giovanni

We haven't been particularly high scoring this year so far. Maybe it'll all click this weekend and we'll start to take a higher percentage of our chances but I wouldn't put my house on it. 

Laoiseabu

Quote from: Unlaoised on June 27, 2019, 01:17:01 PM
My team would be

Brody

Attride
Booth
Dillion

O Flynn
Pigot
Byrne

Lillis
Johno

Collins
Donie
Dicey

Kingston p
Murphy
Evan
Collins half foward ?? Where's scully?

bluespower

Hey there fellas, long time listener first time caller. haha

That was a good win for Laois last weekend i hope they can keep the momentum going this Saturday as wins at these stages give the county a big lift.

Anyway just thought it tough to only have one week between games why not 2 weeks between games,? it would give the players a bit more rest and recovery time and also maybe give the injured ones a bit more time to get back on the team too, like what rush is there to get it all completed in such a short time span.

Offaly won't be easy and they will be really up for this game make no mistake about that with a nothing to lose mentality they will throw everything at Laois and i just hope the lads heads and focus are at 100% for this.

Don Draper

Quote from: bluespower on June 27, 2019, 09:41:51 PM

Anyway just thought it tough to only have one week between games why not 2 weeks between games,? it would give the players a bit more rest and recovery time and also maybe give the injured ones a bit more time to get back on the team too, like what rush is there to get it all completed in such a short time span.
The Super 8s.

MasterJ

Team named for Saturday. No Scully or Begley.

1.Brody
2.Attride
3.Booth
4.Dillon
5.O'Flynn
6.Pigott
7.O'Sullivan
8.O'Loughlin
9.Lilis
10.O'Reilly
11.D. Kingston
12.O'Connor
13.P.Kingston
14.Murphy
15.O'Carrol

redsetanta

6 O's in the team. That much be some sort of a record. Give Guinness a shout there!
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Chrimtain

Laois fan

Presume this is another dummy team,collins and boyle hardly deserved to be dropped while if anyone was to come in it would surely be byrne and scully

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

G@@

"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

MasterJ

Laois GAA

@CLGLaois

Throw in will now be at 7.10 to allow for the large volume of people still coming in to O'Moore Park.
Three changes to the Laois team;
Trevor Collins, Martin Scully & Ross Munnelly all start instead of Sean O'Flynn, Damien O'Connor & Evan O'Carroll.

High Fielder

Getting opened up far too easily. A couple of forwards not playing well but we're haemorrhaging scores, and that's the biggest issue. You need to give McNamee a lot more respect than we've shown him.

Helix.