Author Topic: Premier League 2019/20  (Read 45304 times)

Main Street

• View Profile
Re: Premier League 2019/20
« Reply #585 on: July 29, 2020, 06:57:39 PM »
Lads, there are millions invested in the EPL, Bournemouth are going down and are a club that are likely gonna struggle to get back up. There may be any number of clauses that cover what happens in the field etc etc but a lot of the time these types of cases are played through the court of public opinion. I know if I was advising Bournemouth I’d be going for it given how blatant the mistake was and the fact that it was acknowledged as a mistake. You or I may never know it happened because of confidentiality but I wouldn’t be surprised if a deal is done

Didn't West Ham have to pay Sheff Utd years ago over the EPL rules regarding 3rd party player ownership? There is a sniff of a chance

Yeah they ended up paying them £18m over Carlos Tevez playing and he wasn’t correctly registered.
A rule was broken for Tevez,
not remotely resembling a precedent for Bournemouth to hang their hat on.

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #586 on: July 29, 2020, 09:55:02 PM »
Lads, there are millions invested in the EPL, Bournemouth are going down and are a club that are likely gonna struggle to get back up. There may be any number of clauses that cover what happens in the field etc etc but a lot of the time these types of cases are played through the court of public opinion. I know if I was advising Bournemouth I’d be going for it given how blatant the mistake was and the fact that it was acknowledged as a mistake. You or I may never know it happened because of confidentiality but I wouldn’t be surprised if a deal is done

Didn't West Ham have to pay Sheff Utd years ago over the EPL rules regarding 3rd party player ownership? There is a sniff of a chance

Yeah they ended up paying them £18m over Carlos Tevez playing and he wasn’t correctly registered.

West Ham got away with murder not getting a points deduction. They were found guily of breaking the rules and every game that Tevez played could have been given as a 3-0 to the opposition. But that would have created it's own problems.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 10:04:07 PM by From the Bunker »

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #587 on: July 30, 2020, 09:46:38 AM »

There is a tweet from the company that runs Hawkeye, can't exactly remember the wording of it which would be important. But basically they apologised for a malfunction at that time. Which is a walkover in legal terms.....but they could not have foreseen how the rest of the season would go.

Without knowing the exact ins and outs of the case and the whys, it's not "out there" to suggest Bournemouth to launch an appeal, whether it would go anywhere I highly doubt considering how much of the rest of the season was to go after this incident and we've no idea if Bournemouth in the mean time have been clever and already lodged something over it with the Premier League at the time.

I do see a scenario however where Hawkeye/EPL just throw money at Bournemouth to make this go away without the need for court action.

brokencrossbar1

• View Profile
« Reply #588 on: July 30, 2020, 10:37:29 AM »

There is a tweet from the company that runs Hawkeye, can't exactly remember the wording of it which would be important. But basically they apologised for a malfunction at that time. Which is a walkover in legal terms.....but they could not have foreseen how the rest of the season would go.

Without knowing the exact ins and outs of the case and the whys, it's not "out there" to suggest Bournemouth to launch an appeal, whether it would go anywhere I highly doubt considering how much of the rest of the season was to go after this incident and we've no idea if Bournemouth in the mean time have been clever and already lodged something over it with the Premier League at the time.

I do see a scenario however where Hawkeye/EPL just throw money at Bournemouth to make this go away without the need for court action.

That is exactly the point that I am saying. I deal with confidential and without prejudice agreements every single day. The amount of decisions that are made purely on a financial basis or on a reputational basis when it comes to settlement of cases is unreal. I genuinely believe that whoever is acting on behalf of Bournemouth should be saying to them to push for it as there is enough to make Hawkeye and the EPL very uncomfortable, particularly under current circumstances.

quit yo jibbajabba

• View Profile
« Reply #589 on: July 30, 2020, 07:16:27 PM »
Newcastle deal off. Will they ever get rid of Ashley....

Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #590 on: July 30, 2020, 07:30:51 PM »
Newcastle deal off. Will they ever get rid of Ashley....

Part of the reason it seems they pulled out was because Ashley tried to renegotiate the deal late in the day - he is some piece of work

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #591 on: July 30, 2020, 07:57:24 PM »
Haven't read anything to suggest this is on Ashley, he seems to be in need of the money with Covid issues crippling his other businesses. The Premier League look to have stone walled the Saudis and they got sick of it.

Hound

• View Profile
« Reply #592 on: July 31, 2020, 07:56:39 AM »
Haven't read anything to suggest this is on Ashley, he seems to be in need of the money with Covid issues crippling his other businesses. The Premier League look to have stone walled the Saudis and they got sick of it.
Absolutely. None of the reports blaming Ashley, and the Saudis themselves issued a statement blaming the premier league and didn't mention any problem with Ashley.

It's funny a lot of the media reporting now has completely turned on its head and implying the poor Saudis couldn't get a break from the Premier League. I'd say the Saudis saw the writing on the wall that they wouldn't be approved so took this decision before being formally told to feck off. I wonder could all the apparent sympathy for the saudis and the "heartbroken Newcastle fans" lead to a re-think

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #593 on: July 31, 2020, 09:49:45 AM »
Jim White on Talksport this morning said he been speaking directly to Amanda Stavely and that they would be back with another bid. Turns out the Saudis illegally stream from Bein sports to the country which caused the issue. They were due to pump another 250million in on top of the bid to buy.

The Premier League haven't said a word, actually very poor from them to be honest, the Newcastle fans deserve the right to know whats happened.

laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 01, 2020, 05:16:26 PM »
Community Shield Semi Final about to start. I forgot it was even on today.
Champions 2020

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 01, 2020, 07:14:11 PM »
Community Shield Semi Final about to start. I forgot it was even on today.

God be with the days when you'd have FA Cup coverage the whole morning and afternoon leading up final on the TV.

quit yo jibbajabba

• View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 01, 2020, 07:16:30 PM »
2 hammys and a dodgy red. Not Chelseas day

Cunny Funt

• View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 01, 2020, 07:34:59 PM »
Dave Sexton (1971) since Chelsea won a Cup final managed by a English man. Arsenal love the FA Cup especially playing Chelsea in the final.

sid waddell

• View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 01, 2020, 08:34:35 PM »
Fat Frank's managerial performance there was hilarious.

Throroughly outplayed and outfoxed by a coach who actually knows what he's doing, a panicked triple substitution summed things up, his body language throughout was atrocious. You look at Arteta and see a guy who comes across really well, with good man management skills and tactical nous, you look at Frank and see a self absorbed, entitled dickhead.

Frank went to private school because his Dad was a footballer, and votes Tory. In the eyes of the English press that automatically makes him smart. But going to private school because you come from a wealthy background and voting Tory does not make you smart. It might get you a life peerage, maybe Frank will be belatedly added to yesterday's list for that performance, it would be in keeping with the rest of the list.

Frank is a dunderhead, a mediocrity promoted way beyond his level of ability due to privilege. He's also the latest in a long line of former "macho man", "old school" midfield general managerial mediocrities, following in the footsteps of Souness, Robson, Keane and Gerrard (and I loved two of those as players).

But management is a different skill set entirely. You need an actual brain and people skills to manage which is why these guys don't cut it, and why old school products of UK football don't cut it anymore in management. It'll take the newer, more socially aware generation of British footballers coming through as coaches in 10-15 years' time to change that.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 01, 2020, 09:34:51 PM »
Jesus!!! Champions league football secured, was unlucky with the red card today, was barely a foul never mind a second yellow. Dominated most of the game I felt and last throw of the dice was making three subs as he’d lost two players through injury and had only one opportunity to put on subs due to this new rule!

Outstanding players don’t always make good managers, plenty fail. But he’s been doing it a wet week ffs! And going to private school? WTF votes Tory? Automatically makes you a shit manager! ?
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)