Author Topic: The Cricket thread  (Read 161574 times)

GiveItToTheShooters

• View Profile
Re: The Cricket thread
« Reply #2130 on: August 04, 2020, 11:55:55 PM »
Baffled that there are actually 142 pages about this muck on a GAA forum ;D

Capt Pat

• View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: August 05, 2020, 12:30:31 AM »
A yorker is a delivery that doesn't bounce before reaching the batsman I think. A yorkie is a chocolate bar.

3 irish men got centuries in that game and no english men.

Never beat the deeler

• View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: August 05, 2020, 01:53:29 AM »
Some butterfingers out there among the English, similar to that game in Bangaluru.

The O'Brien said in commentary that the English bowler just can't get away with delivering yorkies one after the other, what did he mean?

Didn't see the game, but presume he was talking about a yorker. This is a delivery that is aimed to bounce at the batsman's feet. If the batsman isn't expecting it, it is very difficult to score more than one run off, as you can get tied up, so it can be a good tactic in T20 or ODI.
Problem if you overuse it, it becomes predictable and the batsman can come down the wicket after it. If you are expecting it and/or if you pick it early it is a gimme
Hasta la victoria siempre

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: August 05, 2020, 06:09:34 AM »
Some butterfingers out there among the English, similar to that game in Bangaluru.

The O'Brien said in commentary that the English bowler just can't get away with delivering yorkies one after the other, what did he mean?

Didn't see the game, but presume he was talking about a yorker. This is a delivery that is aimed to bounce at the batsman's feet. If the batsman isn't expecting it, it is very difficult to score more than one run off, as you can get tied up, so it can be a good tactic in T20 or ODI.
Problem if you overuse it, it becomes predictable and the batsman can come down the wicket after it. If you are expecting it and/or if you pick it early it is a gimme
Thanks.

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: August 05, 2020, 06:33:00 AM »
A yorker is a delivery that doesn't bounce before reaching the batsman I think. A yorkie is a chocolate bar.
Yes I can see how you couldn't answer the question, being so confused that I could have been referring to the very real possibility of the batsman delivering chocolate bars to the batsman.