Author Topic: Wikipedia and GAA  (Read 779 times)

theticklemister

• '...... said yer man from the Daily Mail.'
    • View Profile
Wikipedia and GAA
« on: June 13, 2019, 03:06:49 PM »
I am interested to find out who does all gaa work on Wikipedia. Very impressed with the records you can find now. Do the GAA employ people to carry out such work? A lot of players who are not even ‘stars’ have dedicated Wikipedia pages which are excentally written.

LooseCannon

• View Profile
    • http://www.uibhfhaili.com/
Re: Wikipedia and GAA
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 03:33:00 PM »
Plain of the Herbs maybe? A good man for stats nevertheless.

Eamonnca1

• Catching the world in my headlights of justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 05:34:41 PM »
All volunteers. Head on over to the Gaelic Athletic Association main article. There's a huge section dedicated to bashing the GAA for being a republican conspiracy, most of it written by one editor with a unionist axe to grind. Feel free to trim it back a little. I got into so many arguments with that clown over the years. He felt the need to spell out every single negative thing that was ever said about the Gah by a unionist, so I went over to the Linfield FC page and carefully listed every single sectarian incident associated with that club. They went berserk.

dec

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 05:53:03 PM »
All volunteers. Head on over to the Gaelic Athletic Association main article. There's a huge section dedicated to bashing the GAA for being a republican conspiracy, most of it written by one editor with a unionist axe to grind. Feel free to trim it back a little. I got into so many arguments with that clown over the years. He felt the need to spell out every single negative thing that was ever said about the Gah by a unionist, so I went over to the Linfield FC page and carefully listed every single sectarian incident associated with that club. They went berserk.

some person whose name is unknown? :)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 07:01:49 PM by dec »

Eamonnca1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 06:10:27 PM »
Yup. Can you do me a favour and edit that immediately, Dec? I wouldn't put it past the blackguard to be Googling his own username to make sure people aren't conspiring to edit pages behind his back.

Eamonnca1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 07:33:13 PM »
Thanks!

magpie seanie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 11:27:10 PM »

You were busy so!

Eamonnca1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2019, 11:55:54 PM »
I had too much time on my hands back then.

theticklemister

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2019, 12:23:26 AM »
Did I open up a can of worms?

magpie seanie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2019, 12:45:25 PM »
To go back to your original question - I know a lot of the Sligo GAA related pages have been updated and populated by a certain person who may frequent these boards (not myself I can assure you) and he has done a superb job.

theticklemister

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2019, 10:56:19 AM »
To go back to your original question - I know a lot of the Sligo GAA related pages have been updated and populated by a certain person who may frequent these boards (not myself I can assure you) and he has done a superb job.

I do it myself for a particular county, but I find very hard and tiresome.

But looking at the archived national results in football and hurling across all the various tiers, it is simply outstanding. I was just thinking Croke park must have three or four dedicated people who do do these type of roles. Sort of like a gaa historian. That would be my dream job!