Maigh Eo v Ros Comáin 25-5-19

Started by Farrandeelin, May 12, 2019, 09:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: Rossfan on May 13, 2019, 11:24:47 AM
Having caused the birth of the great Rhubarb team by losing to them in the 2011 CF.....
Wouldn't it only be fitting to be there at their death in Castlebar in 2019?
It Was great to be there whether it's their swansong or not we'll have to wait and see.
Our 2 goals really settled us in and we nearly had a third.
I thought we were goosed when they levelled and then went 1 up and the "Mayomayo" chant went up.
But we're made of sterner stuff this year,  defended well kept them scoreless for the last 15 minutes or so of playing time and what about Fintan's winner?
Not to forget Devaney's dispossesions and the block by (Niall?) Daly on Demi god.
Now that the buzz has faded -cold light of day they had 16 points, 1 wide given as a point and 15 or 17 official wides so 32 or 34 attempts.
We had 14 scores and 9 wides =23.
Galway won't have that many sides so a lot to work on in midfield and defence.
Was talking to a panelist who feels the Buzz is back in the camp like it was in July 2017.
By the way some of the Ros lads might confirm but I saw somewhere we only had 3 starters from last year's Connacht Final.
But bejases we had some subs to bring on.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

oliverkelly

Yeah Murray, O'Rourke and Kilroy only three lads that started Saturday that started final last year.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

magpie seanie

amazing stat. Aboviously we're in a different place (and got a different result) but for our game against Galway we had only 5 starters from the previous year.

larryin89

I'm not so sure how these phrases are interpreted in Gaelic football . Swansong , does that mean it's the end of the road for a few of the lads who have battled like warriors the last few years or does it mean the end of Mayo football .

If it's the latter , I very much doubt that will be the case ala 51- 85 type thing where mayo were a poor  team and were not very competitive at all .

There are structures in place to see this doesn't happen and it has been improved dramatically the last 18 months .

US trip proved a financial success also albeit that's only rumour I have for now (million achieved )

We will be grand in the long term , short term ,it's hard to know.

I do know this , it was two years ago I was sat in the croke park hotel in the front lobby as a few mayo players came in after drawing with ros , one player said quietly to a couple of us  " we"ll make mince meat of them in the replay "  . His arrogance really impressed me and I made a right few quid out of it .

If I were a rossie I'd keep my powder dry for a while and see how it all pans out.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rudi

Quote from: larryin89 on May 28, 2019, 05:33:37 PM
I'm not so sure how these phrases are interpreted in Gaelic football . Swansong , does that mean it's the end of the road for a few of the lads who have battled like warriors the last few years or does it mean the end of Mayo football .

If it's the latter , I very much doubt that will be the case ala 51- 85 type thing where mayo were a poor  team and were not very competitive at all .

There are structures in place to see this doesn't happen and it has been improved dramatically the last 18 months .

US trip proved a financial success also albeit that's only rumour I have for now (million achieved )

I do know this , it was two years ago I was sat in the croke park hotel in the front lobby as a few mayo players came in after drawing with ros , one player said quietly to a couple of us  " we"ll make mince meat of them in the replay "  . His arrogance really impressed me and I made a right few quid out of it .

If I were a rossie I'd keep my powder dry for a while and see how it all pans out.

More of the usual Mayo supporter shite talk. Have being hearing this ungracious dung for years. This is the reason most Rossies and a growing number of neutrals don't want to see Mayo winning an All Ireland. Shame on you can you not just let us enjoy  our day in the sun, you could just say nothing.

Lucky goals is another one the first was class the second was well executed. Also the abuse Mayo supporters give their own goalkeeper is disgusting and shocking. Hennelly saved Mayo with s catch over the posts in 2011 he also pulled off a decent save from Andy Glennon when the defence went AWOL.

Cunny Funt

I very much doubt that will be the case ala 51- 85 type thing where mayo were a poor  team and were not very competitive at all .

I this read elsewhere.

1959 was the last occasion Mayo went four years without reaching the provincial decider.
From the highs of the county’s second-ever Connacht five-in-a-row (2011-15), Mayo have now endured their worst provincial run in over half a century.

Main Street

I watched that last free for Mayo again. It was not a deserved free, there was no foul by the Ros defender, he maintained a discipline tackle, just as well the free was missed, perhaps the most spectacular miss since Dessie Dolan broke a million hearts all those years ago.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rudi on May 28, 2019, 05:55:27 PM

More of the usual Mayo supporter shite talk. Have being hearing this ungracious dung for years. This is the reason most Rossies and a growing number of neutrals don't want to see Mayo winning an All Ireland. Shame on you can you not just let us enjoy  our day in the sun, you could just say nothing.

Lucky goals is another one the first was class the second was well executed. Also the abuse Mayo supporters give their own goalkeeper is disgusting and shocking. Hennelly saved Mayo with s catch over the posts in 2011 he also pulled off a decent save from Andy Glennon when the defence went AWOL.

What part are you angry about Rudi? The last paragraph? The scoreboard doesn't lie. Ye made the most out of the chances ye were given. We definitely didn't.

But you gotta beat Galway to follow on from this.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Manning18

Mayo fans would've been going into the bookies with butter vouchers at that stage, given how the year had gone to that point punting wise? Had a few bottle caps on the -3 at 10/11 did ya?

maigheo

I see Brehony rehashing the ouster of Holmes and Connelly in the Sindo as one of the reasons for the loss to Ros.  It still remains one of the great mysteries of life as to how he became the chief GAA writer for a national newspaper and gets paid to write these articles

larryin89

100% enjoy your win , it was 100% deserved . All I was pointing out was that it was a Connacht semi final , your ambitions go beyond that surely (not taking away from how sweet a victory it must of been) .

If Mayo went further in the championship than both Galway and Roscommon like 2016 & 17 , Connacht wins seem less relevant ,now if the opposite happens which is looking most likely then Connacht wins look relevant and meaningful.

Keep your hair on lad
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

macdanger2

Quote from: maigheo on May 29, 2019, 03:01:34 AM
I see Brehony rehashing the ouster of Holmes and Connelly in the Sindo as one of the reasons for the loss to Ros.  It still remains one of the great mysteries of life as to how he became the chief GAA writer for a national newspaper and gets paid to write these articles

I see where you went wrong here

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Main Street on May 28, 2019, 09:10:56 PM
I watched that last free for Mayo again. It was not a deserved free, there was no foul by the Ros defender, he maintained a discipline tackle, just as well the free was missed, perhaps the most spectacular miss since Dessie Dolan broke a million hearts all those years ago.

Justice was certainly done on that missed free. Mayo's 13th point looked well wide I thought also.  Cavan,Roscommon,Limerick all winning against the odds this summer hopefully a few more underdogs earn wins this summer as wins like that makes any competition great. 

Tubberman

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 29, 2019, 01:58:05 PM
Quote from: Main Street on May 28, 2019, 09:10:56 PM

Justice was certainly done on that missed free. Mayo's 13th point looked well wide I thought also.  Cavan,Roscommon,Limerick all winning against the odds this summer hopefully a few more underdogs earn wins this summer as wins like that makes any competition great. 

The point from Coen looked like it was over the post at best - was very surprised it was given. Cunningham was hopping! 
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."