Author Topic: Hurling Championship 2019  (Read 52473 times)

johnnycool

• View Profile
Re: Hurling Championship 2019
« Reply #465 on: August 22, 2019, 09:33:45 AM »
With all thisKilkenny talk about manliness in hurling,  Kilkenny are still whining like hungry piglets about the red card decision. Can't they lose a game in a manly fashion?

Tipp already demonstrated they could win after going a man down and overturn a 5 point deficet in the doing.

I'm not sure what grounds they can appeal on.

We all know an infraction occurred, they can't deny that it didn't and it was to the head area.

A bit like Caolan Mooney earlier in the year.

NAG1

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 22, 2019, 12:14:02 PM »
With all thisKilkenny talk about manliness in hurling,  Kilkenny are still whining like hungry piglets about the red card decision. Can't they lose a game in a manly fashion?

Tipp already demonstrated they could win after going a man down and overturn a 5 point deficet in the doing.

I'm not sure what grounds they can appeal on.

We all know an infraction occurred, they can't deny that it didn't and it was to the head area.

A bit like Caolan Mooney earlier in the year.

AFAIK you can appeal any red card, just smacks of really poor form for them to do so. Knowing that in all likelihood Hogan wont be back for championship next year so therefore any ban would be pointless anyway.

Just let it slide and use it for internal motivation for next year, but for them do so is a bit of a reflection of Cody himself.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 22, 2019, 12:28:34 PM »
It's poor form but KK have form in this area with Eddie Keher a few years ago talking about cards being a soccer invention and embarrassing players in front of their families
Lookit

Dunsilly King

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 23, 2019, 11:28:25 AM »
Kilkenny set to appeal Hogan red card
August 22, 2019

Kilkenny's Richie Hogan is sent off by referee James Owens
Kilkenny county board are set to launch an appeal against the red card picked up by Richie Hogan in last Sunday’s All-Ireland SHC final.
The Irish Independent reports today that the board are “believed to be lining up an appeal” against the red card that Hogan received on the eve of half-time after a challenge on Tipperary’s Cathal Barrett.
The sending-off carries a one-match suspension which would see the 31-year-old missing the Cats’ 2020 Leinster championship opener.
Manager Brian Cody said after Sunday’s final defeat to the Premier men that he was “amazed” by referee James Owens’ decision to issue a red card for the challenge and it understood that the Kilkenny board and Hogan have discussed the matter informally.

Like wtf, appalling

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 05, 2020, 01:44:48 PM »
1990 hurling final on at 2pm today! Cracking game! Was in the Hill that day!
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 03, 2020, 12:08:31 AM »
One of my favourite hurlers Shane Dowling has retired from county hurling due to injury..

This first goal shows you has pure class

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GNKdxLmRv_c
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 03, 2020, 07:08:25 AM »
So skillfull. Always wondered why he didn’t start more but the knees explain it. I thought he was way more than 27.

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 03, 2020, 09:37:17 AM »
So skillfull. Always wondered why he didn’t start more but the knees explain it. I thought he was way more than 27.

Scored a brilliant goal for NaPairsigh vrs Sniel, stole the ball off the keeper, flicked it over a defenders head and volleyed it straight into the net..

Those things can't be coached.

marty34

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 03, 2020, 09:52:49 AM »

Scored a brilliant goal for NaPairsigh vrs Sniel, stole the ball off the keeper, flicked it over a defenders head and volleyed it straight into the net..

Those things can't be coached.

The goal V Kilkenny in last years AISF was unreal also.

The thinking to bat it into the very bottom from about 15 yeards out was unreal.  How did he even think about it? A defender was in front of the keeper and the speed and accuracy was fantastic.

The high knees celebration afterwards was great also.

A man to light up any hurling pitch.  Serious talent who seemed to be around forever and a day.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 08, 2020, 03:27:55 PM »
One of my favourite hurlers Shane Dowling has retired from county hurling due to injury..

This first goal shows you has pure class

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GNKdxLmRv_c
So good that he won the celtic cross. So many top class players never do.
Lookit