Laois Senior Hurling Championship 2019

Started by The PRO, February 28, 2019, 09:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueandwhite1

Quote from: LooseCannon on October 30, 2019, 02:34:11 PM
RE should win. Bit of infighting in the Rynagh's camp, coupled with Diarmuid Horan gone back out foreign. He made an impact in the final and semi for them from the bench.

That sounds like the usual messaging from a team who want to be taken lightly!! These reported dis-harmonies tend to disappear suddenly when the ball is thrown in!

The PRO

RE should win. Bit of infighting in the Rynagh's camp, coupled with Diarmuid Horan gone back out foreign. He made an impact in the final and semi for them from the bench.
:) Nice try! "RE should win"

LooseCannon

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on October 30, 2019, 03:11:44 PM

That sounds like the usual messaging from a team who want to be taken lightly!! These reported dis-harmonies tend to disappear suddenly when the ball is thrown in!

Not from Rynagh's. There was a couple of incidents among players. Verified by reliable club members.

merman

Best of luck to RE today.
I'll be travelling over feeling very confident. They've enough firepower to win this one and I think there are a couple of big performers in some of their star men.

burdizzo

Well, I suppose R/E had got on top by the time of the sending off, and after that they did as they liked, really - putting together good moves and capping it off with three more goals. However, in the first half Rynagh's were dogged enough, and both sides were guilty of bad handling and poor first touch. I know the conditions were bad, but still... The ref. infuriated the Rynagh's crowd, but mostly he was spot on. Mind you, there were a couple of baffling decisions. I tell you, it would be great to get James Ryan in with Laois - he has the physique, and the skill.
St Mullin's from Carlow next, who had a surprise win over Cuala. Could be a Leinster final in them yet?

Giovanni

In fairness the conditions were pretty awful but I would agree that there is still more in R/E.

Thought John Purcell was very good in the full back line. Paddy
Purcell was outstanding again. All parts of the half forward line did well enough especially in the second half and Roddy improved as the game wore on. Thought there was good potential and good skill levels in Brandon McGinley and Paddy McCane. Still, Rynagh's really looked a poor enough team and I think there's more in R/E.

blueandwhite1

Even when hurling poorly enough RE were a better outfit. Ryanaghs tried and had big support but didn't have a lot of quality. The current and former county players stood out for RE.

I thought the ref did RE a lot of favours with frees but don't think it mattered over the 60 minutes. Paddy McCane was lying on the ground for 5 minutes. When he got up his man hit him with the hurl off the ball and targeted his injured ankle. Filthy and got what he deserved.

St. Mullins will be a big step up. Anyone who thinks RE will be favourites haven't been watching Carlow hurling lately. Still, RE have enough class to compete. Will semi be in neutral venue?

marty34

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on November 03, 2019, 09:17:56 PM
Even when hurling poorly enough RE were a better outfit. Ryanaghs tried and had big support but didn't have a lot of quality. The current and former county players stood out for RE.

I thought the ref did RE a lot of favours with frees but don't think it mattered over the 60 minutes. Paddy McCane was lying on the ground for 5 minutes. When he got up his man hit him with the hurl off the ball and targeted his injured ankle. Filthy and got what he deserved.

St. Mullins will be a big step up. Anyone who thinks RE will be favourites haven't been watching Carlow hurling lately. Still, RE have enough class to compete. Will semi be in neutral venue?

Big shock for Cuala - St. Mullins are a hardy team.  Conditions will be tough.  It'll be a close affair.

50/50 game but RE should have enough to get over the line.

Mossy Bruce

So do Provincial semi-finals tend to be televised? And what if they involve non-anointed hurling counties like Laois and Carlow?  :-\
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

LooseCannon

Wasn't wrong!

redsetanta

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

blueandwhite1

Neutralobserver

great win for r/e and after all the losses in leinster this will give them great confidence going forward although st Mullins will provide a stern test but they should come through it.

Blow-in