Author Topic: Next Laois football manager  (Read 28376 times)

Batman!!!

• View Profile
Re: Next Laois football manager
« Reply #375 on: October 08, 2019, 04:33:34 PM »
Killian Whelan very vocal on Twitter. Someone replied to him saying Sugrue had to buy the water for a challenge game

Helix.

• View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 08, 2019, 06:20:06 PM »
Killian Whelan very vocal on Twitter. Someone replied to him saying Sugrue had to buy the water for a challenge game

If Iím not mistaken was it said before that there was no team doctor for example appointed this year (anyone can confirm this) Thatíd be more concerning. Along with whatever list of demands he had while he was in charge that wasnít fulfilled. Champagne dreams on a lemonade budget springs to mind and if heís not getting the backing from County Board financially and with appropriate structures heís right to walk. I also imagine the u20 job came up after leaving the Laois job rather than leaving to go manage Kerry u20s. You can hardly begrudge him managing his home county. Sure wasnít he involved in 08 with the all Ireland winning team.

I can imagine money was tight across the board especially with the hurlers going well and trying to compete to some degree at both grades.

clonadmad

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 08, 2019, 06:50:23 PM »

If Iím not mistaken was it said before that there was no team doctor for example appointed this year (anyone can confirm this) Thatíd be more concerning. Along with whatever list of demands he had while he was in charge that wasnít fulfilled. Champagne dreams on a lemonade budget springs to mind and if heís not getting the backing from County Board financially and with appropriate structures heís right to walk. I also imagine the u20 job came up after leaving the Laois job rather than leaving to go manage Kerry u20s. You can hardly begrudge him managing his home county. Sure wasnít he involved in 08 with the all Ireland winning team.

I can imagine money was tight across the board especially with the hurlers going well and trying to compete to some degree at both grades.

I can confirm that

High Fielder

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 08, 2019, 07:01:11 PM »
Maybe they should start charging all their mates for admission and car parking. That would yield a nice few quid