Cheeky Dubs to field 3 senior teams next year?

Started by Lecale2, May 17, 2007, 07:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

highking

Just a few quick questions for anyone in the know with Dublin Hurling?

How many clubs are in the fingal area?
What standard do they play at?
Are any of the current senior panel from Fingal area?

I think its a good idea. Start them off in the Rackard Cup. It would give opposing teams a boost as it gets minotinous playing the same teams all the time. A trip to the capital would be good for the likes of Leitrim/Fermanagh ect. If Fingal are anyways decent they should win the Rackard next year and would be up in the Christy Ring the following year. The only thing is they may meet the first team on their way down from the McCarhty Cup (but I hope that doesnt happen).

Gnevin

Quote from: highking on May 17, 2007, 05:26:19 PM
Just a few quick questions for anyone in the know with Dublin Hurling?

How many clubs are in the fingal area?
What standard do they play at?
Are any of the current senior panel from Fingal area?

I think its a good idea. Start them off in the Rackard Cup. It would give opposing teams a boost as it gets minotinous playing the same teams all the time. A trip to the capital would be good for the likes of Leitrim/Fermanagh ect. If Fingal are anyways decent they should win the Rackard next year and would be up in the Christy Ring the following year. The only thing is they may meet the first team on their way down from the McCarhty Cup (but I hope that doesnt happen).
I thought they got rid of the relegation for the McCarthy Cup or changed it to be a play off ?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

dublinfella

Quote from: Gnevin on May 17, 2007, 03:57:37 PM
Quote from: dublinfella on May 17, 2007, 02:10:26 PM
Quote from: tayto on May 17, 2007, 01:29:46 PM
no, dublin get the frist choice, the regional team selects from what's left. hardly a franchise.

Its a non-county playing in a county championship. Someone sat down and thought this up. Thats a franchise.

Fingall CC were advertising in the papers to create a team for the LoI 'A' league thats coming up. These moves have more to do with creating a Fingalish identity than strengthining hurling.
Dublinfella do you have a problem with the south Derry team also?

are they in the championship? as far as im concerned its uneccesary tinkering and its being driven at least in part by an agency thats not the GAA, ie Fingal county council

Quote from: his holiness nb on May 17, 2007, 04:16:44 PM
He is just stirring up shite, he is a non gaa fan, in fact a big opponent of the GAA, and is only interested in Tallaght and Shamrock Rovers.
The whole "franchise" suggestion is just shit stirring so he can somehow claim the GAA are professional in a vain attempt to boost his argument on another thread.

Best to just ignore

blah blah blah. on the Rovers thread I dont post enough on the rest of the threads, when I do....

Look up what franchise means you old woman.

his holiness nb

Quote from: dublinfella on May 17, 2007, 06:57:49 PM
blah blah blah. on the Rovers thread I dont post enough on the rest of the threads, when I do....

I forgot to mention, if someone doesnt agree with him he starts calling them names.  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

dublinfella

Quote from: his holiness nb on May 18, 2007, 09:58:09 AM
Quote from: dublinfella on May 17, 2007, 06:57:49 PM

I forgot to mention, if someone doesnt agree with him he starts calling them names.  ;)

and when I post a resonable position that this team shouldnt be in the championship im not a GAA fan. you are the one following me around looking for a row.

his holiness nb

Quote from: dublinfella on May 18, 2007, 10:46:43 AM

and when I post a resonable position that this team shouldnt be in the championship im not a GAA fan.

I didnt say thats why you are not a GAA fan, that fact was established a long before this thread started.
Ask me holy bollix

dublinfella

Quote from: his holiness nb on May 18, 2007, 11:07:44 AM
Quote from: dublinfella on May 18, 2007, 10:46:43 AM

and when I post a resonable position that this team shouldnt be in the championship im not a GAA fan.

I didnt say thats why you are not a GAA fan, that fact was established a long before this thread started.

Is it now. Just because you went on the the Rovers fourm quoting me and got laughed at there really is no need to take it out on me

his holiness nb

Yes being "laughed" at by the scummiest of the scum for defending the GAA really broke my heart  ::)
Ask me holy bollix

dublinfella

Quote from: his holiness nb on May 18, 2007, 02:12:23 PM
Yes being "laughed" at by the scummiest of the scum for defending the GAA really broke my heart  ::)

Thought you said you didnt get that far?

you just went on, abused them, got barred and then went back on demanding access. they parralleled this with the TD situation and laughed you out of it.

have you anything to actually say about my objection to tinkering with the championship of behalf of fingal cc or are you just trying to prove a point?

his holiness nb

Lies lies lies lies lies
I never abused them, 3 usernames barred for nothing but polite questioning.
And I never demanded access, I asked why I was barred before.
And you still get a TD dig in on this thread  ::) let it go.
This is about Dublin hurling, I merely corrected the suggestion that you were a GAA fan which was mentioned on THIS THREAD.

There is no tinkering "on behalf of Fingal cc" this is why I havent commented.
I was just enjoying reading this thread until you came along pretending to care.

pm me if you want to continue this and let this thread get back to the hurling.
Ask me holy bollix

Lecale2

What will they call the Down team in the Nicky Rackard Cup next year? Surely it can't be "Non -Ards"?

Canalman

In the Fingal area there are :-

Fingallians (I)
St Brigids (snr and 2 jnr)
O' Dwyers (J)
St Maurs (J)
St Sylvesters (J)
St Peregrines (I) ????
Trinity Gaels (Snr and Jnr) May be in City area.
Nh MearnĂ³g (Snr???? and jr)

Not alot of hurling there and the team would imo be very weak. Would be no real interest in the concept imo.

Apologies if I left any clubs out.

INDIANA

just a few point on this as a Dublin hurling man.

I also wouldn't be in favour at the moment of entering a dublin south team in the christy ring. I don't think it would compete that effectively yet. Could come up aginst antrim and laois and get beaten by 10 goals. You have to look at it's composition. It would be made up of players who aren't on dublin's first team or squad -also only from one half of the city. People say you could develop young players- most of them would be within the u21 net- so again that could cause major difficulties. Makes far more sense to enter the rackard cup to begin with and see how it goes. Parts of kilkenny/cork would still do well to compete effetively in the ring cup when you remove all of their top players and if they are from only from one segment of the county -and note the word effectively.
The point on fingal- they have a regional team entering the dublin county championship this year. Regional teams are starting on a county wide basis for the first time in the county hurling championship-which i believe will be  a great boost to the county chamionship. There is no way in the world fingal could enter a team at the moment- maybe 10 years down the line. Second strings from dublin north and south would be quite compettitive in time - but makes sense to start in the rackard cup and see how it goes- so i agree with costelloe on that. But the other aside is -would that standard really improve Dublin's lot- i'd be sceptical.
On the point about Dublin  apologising about div 1- i actually agree with him- like i said no-one would have given a monkey's had dublin been relegated- only two counties objected to the initial format dublin and antrim that's why i was delighted to see dublin survive- offaly didn't because they never thought they'd get relegated. An 8 team div one format like it was- would be  abetter solution all round-