Time take Dublin out of Croke Park?

Started by TheMaster, February 09, 2019, 10:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Donegal went after the home game issue and not the neutral game which depending on the opposite shouldn't always have to be played in croke park for Dublin

Dinny Breen

Little know fact but some gobshite on this board actually argued the case that Croke Park was a disadvantage to Dublin.....
#newbridgeornowhere

TheGreatest

Another Dublin thread  :D

For me I agree, take them out of Croke park, as a supporter I have no problem travelling anywhere for a game and if I cant make I cant make so be it.

However, they went 36 games unbeaten in league and championship not so long ago. Not sure how many away games that was but it didn't really matter.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: TheGreatest on March 04, 2019, 11:15:03 AM

For me I agree, take them out of Croke park, as a supporter I have no problem travelling anywhere for a game and if I cant make I cant make so be it.

However, they went 36 games unbeaten in league and championship not so long ago. Not sure how many away games that was but it didn't really matter.
they didn't play one championship game outside Croke Park for 10 years

highorlow

QuoteAnother Dublin thread  :D

Looking at the highlights last night only for 2 x illegal throw ball assists for the 2 goals Roscommon would've won or drawn with ye.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

rosnarun

refe seem to be clamping down on dissent last few games and lineballS  taken inside the line, was there a circular sent out.
none of them still seem to be able to count to 4 though?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Rudi

Quote from: highorlow on March 04, 2019, 11:39:16 AM
QuoteAnother Dublin thread  :D

Looking at the highlights last night only for 2 x illegal throw ball assists for the 2 goals Roscommon would've won or drawn with ye.

Dublin were the better team on the day. I do agree with the 2 throw balls. Factor in some handy frees given and not given. Also the last point for Roscommon should have been a penalty,push on the back of Lyons. Still thought Dublin were in control in the second half, they monopolised possession.

highorlow

QuoteDublin were the better team on the day. I do agree with the 2 throw balls. Factor in some handy frees given and not given. Also the last point for Roscommon should have been a penalty,push on the back of Lyons. Still thought Dublin were in control in the second half, they monopolised possession.

Fair enough, the highlights never tell the full story.

Sean O'Shea's line ball for Kerry's last point (by the time he let the kick go) was inside the line. It's a dumb rule. During the Summer (in the Rochford era anyhow) the pitch in Castlebar gets widened so their is only about a yard between the stand and the actual sideline, hard for a player to kick a long punted sideline if that rule keeps getting implemented. Probably won't matter anyhow to us as the way we are playing we wouldn't be able to kick a point if we were playing in a 5 sided cube.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

TheGreatest

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on March 04, 2019, 11:26:55 AM

I know, and agree to take them out of Croker Park for more championship matches. If you exclude the first round Leinster games, Id say it longer than 10 years. Only seems to matter recently though.!

From the Bunker

Quote from: TheGreatest on March 04, 2019, 12:27:08 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on March 04, 2019, 11:26:55 AM

I know, and agree to take them out of Croker Park for more championship matches. If you exclude the first round Leinster games, Id say it longer than 10 years. Only seems to matter recently though.!

Dublin get to play all their league matches in Croker only recently.
Dublin have been getting all their championship games in Croke Park only recently.
The Super 8 that Dublin get extra home matches was only invented only recently.
Dublin have been getting financially Doped only recently.

There is a bit of a pattern here as to why things have gone Dublin's way only recently!

Keane

Quote from: highorlow on March 04, 2019, 12:19:11 PM
QuoteDublin were the better team on the day. I do agree with the 2 throw balls. Factor in some handy frees given and not given. Also the last point for Roscommon should have been a penalty,push on the back of Lyons. Still thought Dublin were in control in the second half, they monopolised possession.

Fair enough, the highlights never tell the full story.

Sean O'Shea's line ball for Kerry's last point (by the time he let the kick go) was inside the line. It's a dumb rule. During the Summer (in the Rochford era anyhow) the pitch in Castlebar gets widened so their is only about a yard between the stand and the actual sideline, hard for a player to kick a long punted sideline if that rule keeps getting implemented. Probably won't matter anyhow to us as the way we are playing we wouldn't be able to kick a point if we were playing in a 5 sided cube.

Looks well behind the line here
https://twitter.com/brianphelan1981/status/1102248476610580480?s=19

Rossfan

And around 2 thirds of the GAA decision makers voted against one small measure of fairer play.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Rossfan on March 04, 2019, 01:14:02 PM
And around 2 thirds of the GAA decision makers voted against one small measure of fairer play.
well your clubhouse wobt pay for itself

Rossfan

Why are every club in the 31 Counties continuously fundraising?
Because they get sweet FA from HQ.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

TheGreatest

Quote from: Rossfan on March 04, 2019, 02:34:19 PM
Why are every club in the 31 Counties continuously fundraising?
Because they get sweet FA from HQ.

True in some cases, but not in all.

A lot of GAA club grants come from the sports grant, my own benefited from this recently thankfully, its also heavily politically motivated too.