Kerry v Tyrone Sunday 27th January 2019 2pm Fitzgerald Stadium

Started by Fuzzman, January 22, 2019, 10:38:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 23, 2019, 11:28:35 AM
Good man Tonto. See yis in the Ulster final.

If I could pick my best 15 for Sunday it would be
Morgan
Hampsey
McNamee
Kernan
Tiernan
Mattie
Meyler
Kennedy
Colm
Sludden
Coney
McShane
McCurry
Petey
Brennan

Maybe put Frank Burns in at 6 and Mattie at CHF for Coney.
I feel sorry for Rory Brennan as his adaptability means he has never really nailed down any place.
Also hard leaving out both McGearys and Richie D but we have serious competition for places at the moment.
McShane will probably be named in FF line but play as a 3rd MF

Hampsey is out for the weekend. Haven't seen Cavanagh mentioned anywhere but having not been togged out at all during the McKenna Cup he won't start this weekend. My team would be as follows:

Morgan

McKernan
McNamee
Hugh Pat

McCann
Brennan
Meyler

Kennedy
McClure

Mattie
Sludden
Harte

McCurry
McShane
Lee Brennan

Think Hugh Pat will get the nod ahead of McLaughlin at corner back.
Frank Burns was very quiet for UU v Tyrone in Omagh and I noticed he didn't start for UU in the Sigerson so I'm thinking he may not be fully fit.
I also notice Kennedy didn't play for UU in the Sigerson so if he is carrying an injury he will not start at the weekend. I'd expect Grugan to play if this is the case.
Harsh to exclude Coney from the forward line but he will be a good sub to bring on in the second half when it opens up.

As you say Fuzzman, great competition for places at the moment when you consider some of the names I haven't even mentioned above.

omagh_gael

Think that will be close to team on Sunday Packie, however, I think Grugan will be pushing McClure hard for a MF spot. Hoping Kennedy starts, he looks like a fine player.

Taylor

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 22, 2019, 05:34:02 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on January 22, 2019, 12:04:11 PM
And cue a Kerry v Tyrone chat get bombarded with angry Armagh wans thanks to another Taylor jab?

Resist lads. Concentrate on Kildare

Glad I read your post fuzz. Was about to respond to the gobshite but won't bother

Easy on the personal abuse tonto  ::)

Fuzzman

I've heard from a good source on Sat night that Collie is fit and ready for Sunday and just being rested as was Mattie until Sat night.
I spoke to Richie and he's ready too with no injuries and was first choice at FF for a lot of last year's championship folks and would not be at all surprised to see him back there on Sunday with Petey roaming everywhere.

The league rarely goes as expected but I'd say this is our best chance (on paper) in years that we could come away with a win. Armagh and Monaghan have won down there in the early rounds of the league over the past 5 or 6 years have they not? Did Donegal?

Fuzzman

Charming. You come out with such a retort and say nothing else to back up why?
You've added a lot to this threat with such wisdom

Have also heard Hampsey is fit to start too.
Don't shoot the messenger!!

omaghjoe

Sounds like a few people have been listening to Kerry ones too much Fuzzman eh? ;) A Victory is always sweeter when your an underdog and your opponents think they're gonna win

They might be depleted, rebuilding and have a traditional soft start to the league this past while.
But they also have a new manager and a lot of new players who will all want to make an impact straight away. Add into the fact that we beat them last game of the league and I think you will find Kerry are up for this. Add unto that our terrible record down there and struggling to shake off lower Division teams (including a Div4 team!) in the McKenna cup and we will have a lot of work to do to come away with a win

Still tho.... Tyrone by 4 :P ;)

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 23, 2019, 03:32:42 PM
I've heard from a good source on Sat night that Collie is fit and ready for Sunday and just being rested as was Mattie until Sat night.
I spoke to Richie and he's ready too with no injuries and was first choice at FF for a lot of last year's championship folks and would not be at all surprised to see him back there on Sunday with Petey roaming everywhere.

The league rarely goes as expected but I'd say this is our best chance (on paper) in years that we could come away with a win. Armagh and Monaghan have won down there in the early rounds of the league over the past 5 or 6 years have they not? Did Donegal?

Hiya Fuzz...I'm thinking Kerry might not win a home game this campaign...Tyrone, Dublin, Monaghan and Mayo could all be victorious in The Kingdom.  Mind you, Kerry could win all three away games (Cavan, Galway and Roscommon) and avoid relegation.

Has it ever happened that a team lost all home games and won all away games in a campaign?  It would certainly be unusual, but if it ever going to happen, Kerry in 2019 might be the best chance ever.

omagh_gael

Tyrone V Kerry 1ST 15
1N Morgan
2L Rafferty
3R McNamee
4H P McGeary
5T McCann
6R Brennan
7M McKernan
8B Kennedy
9D McClure
10M Donnelly
11P Harte
12N Sludden
13D McCurry
14D Mulgrew
15C McShane

spuds

Quote from: omagh_gael on January 24, 2019, 11:30:57 PM
Tyrone V Kerry 1ST 15
1N Morgan
2L Rafferty
3R McNamee
4H P McGeary
5T McCann
6R Brennan
7M McKernan
8B Kennedy
9D McClure
10M Donnelly
11P Harte
12N Sludden
13D McCurry
14D Mulgrew
15C McShane
McNamee not suspended because sending off was in another competition last weekend? Will he see further punishment after striking out after receiving his red card?
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Fuzzman

Quote from: spuds on January 25, 2019, 09:35:08 AM
McNamee not suspended because sending off was in another competition last weekend? Will he see further punishment after striking out after receiving his red card?

No.

Certainly a few surprises in that line up for me, besides no Hampsey and Collie
Rory Brennan must wonder what he has to do for championship football as he gets handed the No 6 jersey for an away league game in Killarney. Surprised no Meyler as well but delighted to see Mulgrew at FF.
Many of us will love that HF line but I'm surprised McClure got the nod at MF beside the giant K

Looking forward to Sat night in Killarney at the Killarney court with a Q&A session with Canavan and Moynihan hosted by Barry McElduff. Should be a good crowd as I believe he has over 100 coming down in 2 buses for it.

Is there still no news on the actual squad for the league or is Mickey keeping it hush for now.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 25, 2019, 10:28:23 AM
Quote from: spuds on January 25, 2019, 09:35:08 AM

No.

Certainly a few surprises in that line up for me, besides no Hampsey and Collie
Rory Brennan must wonder what he has to do for championship football as he gets handed the No 6 jersey for an away league game in Killarney. Surprised no Meyler as well but delighted to see Mulgrew at FF.
Many of us will love that HF line but I'm surprised McClure got the nod at MF beside the giant K

Looking forward to Sat night in Killarney at the Killarney court with a Q&A session with Canavan and Moynihan hosted by Barry McElduff. Should be a good crowd as I believe he has over 100 coming down in 2 buses for it.

Is there still no news on the actual squad for the league or is Mickey keeping it hush for now.

Rory Brennan had forced his way into the team by the end of last year and started the all Ireland final. Hoping he can push on even more this year as has plenty of potential.

McClure had a decent game last week and with Colm and Hampsey ruled out not a huge shock to see him start. Was more surprised at Mulgrew given he didn't play the last few games. Hopefully he can stay injury free and start to deliver on his potential.

Fuzzman

Colm O'Rourke knows his stuff and never lets his anti Tyrone bias get rule his head.
https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2019/0125/1025456-colm-orourkes-weekend/

This is probably the best game of the round. With Peter Keane in charge of Kerry now he'll want to start running as fast as possible; he'll be hoping to unearth the new David Clifford and he'll be throwing in the young lads that he won All-Irelands with at minor level. These are exciting times in Kerry football; Keane is asking for patience, but there's no patience in Kerry, only next September.

I'm expecting a Kerry win even though Tyrone always take the league very seriously under Mickey Harte and I'm expecting the Kingdom to be in the shake-up in league and Championship.

greatpoint

Hoping to see something different from Tyrone this league otherwise chances are that they will again flatter to deceive and fail to do the business later on in the season.

Laoiseabu

Yous can say what u want. there's nothing hectic about that Kerry 15 named