Author Topic: Celebrities that you admire  (Read 3117 times)

seafoid

• View Profile
Re: Celebrities that you admire
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2019, 10:02:10 PM »
Michael Duignan
Cody
Klopp
Iarla O Lionaird
Martin Hayes
Lookit

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2019, 10:16:13 PM »
Shane Macgowan- poetic genius and loves his gargle

I have always loved Shane but never admired him! I've paid into gigs to see him perform and ended up listening to Terry Woods, Phil Chevron, Spider Stacey or someone dragged on from the support Band to do a song or two.

Seany

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2019, 10:17:30 AM »
Steve Coogan
Rob Brydon
Blindboy out of the Rubber Bandits
Brian May
Noel Gallagher
Mary McAleese

TwoUpTwoDown

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2019, 10:18:03 AM »
Some people can't stand him, but I really admire Graeme McDowell. A very successful professional and really has got the best out of his talent, given that he was not necessarily the most naturally gifted. On top of that his charitable work is admirable, especially considering he wanted to help children either side of the border and on the island as a whole.

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2019, 12:29:53 PM »
Michael O Leary

OK, not everyones cup of tea. However, look at the colossal changes his company have made to aviation. Trips possible to the UK and further afield for the price of a train ticket. Ryanair the biggest airline in Europe coming out of a country with 5m inhabitants. Every other airline out there scurrying to keep up with the innovations of low fare flying. I see my parents have traveled on city breaks to cities all over Europe on a shoe string budget, something they could never have dreamed off when they were young.

Surely Ireland's greatest ever business man and he pays his taxes in Ireland too.

Insane Bolt

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2019, 01:33:12 PM »
Eamonn McCann

magpie seanie

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2019, 01:56:09 PM »
Alyssa Milano.

Eamonnca1

• Catching the world in my headlights of justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2019, 05:50:05 PM »
Michael O Leary

OK, not everyones cup of tea. However, look at the colossal changes his company have made to aviation. Trips possible to the UK and further afield for the price of a train ticket. Ryanair the biggest airline in Europe coming out of a country with 5m inhabitants. Every other airline out there scurrying to keep up with the innovations of low fare flying. I see my parents have traveled on city breaks to cities all over Europe on a shoe string budget, something they could never have dreamed off when they were young.

Surely Ireland's greatest ever business man and he pays his taxes in Ireland too.

He does a decent job of running a profitable low-cost airline, although it seems it took him a while to figure out how to embrace positive publicity. There's a good video here explaining how low-cost airlines are able to keep their costs down, and it's not all about nickel-and-diming your passengers and treating them like cattle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=069y1MpOkQY

O'Leary might come across as a gobshite but then nobody's forcing you to fly with him. My only problem with O'Leary is that when he strays out of his lane he comes across as an opinionated London taxi driver who thinks he has to have an opinion on everything whether he understands it or not. If he sticks to running his airline, I'm all right with that.

Kidder81

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2019, 05:57:05 PM »
Harvey Weinstein

Captain Obvious

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2019, 05:58:59 PM »
Michael O Leary

He does a decent job of running a profitable low-cost airline, although it seems it took him a while to figure out how to embrace positive publicity. There's a good video here explaining how low-cost airlines are able to keep their costs down, and it's not all about nickel-and-diming your passengers and treating them like cattle:

O'Leary might come across as a gobshite but then nobody's forcing you to fly with him. My only problem with O'Leary is that when he strays out of his lane he comes across as an opinionated London taxi driver who thinks he has to have an opinion on everything whether he understands it or not. If he sticks to running his airline, I'm all right with that.

He's also doing alright with his hobby of horse racing.

Dolph1

• Trump 2020
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2019, 06:13:48 PM »
Donald Trump
Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

Insane Bolt

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2019, 06:20:15 PM »
Some people can't stand him, but I really admire Graeme McDowell. A very successful professional and really has got the best out of his talent, given that he was not necessarily the most naturally gifted. On top of that his charitable work is admirable, especially considering he wanted to help children either side of the border and on the island as a whole.

I like GMac, comes across as a very genuine person, also love Padraig Harrington.....always plays with a smile on his face.

Eamonnca1

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2019, 07:20:23 PM »
Richard Branson

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2019, 08:32:39 PM »
Michael O Leary

Only a decent job? What would an excellent job look like?

Eamonnca1

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2019, 09:42:49 PM »
One that doesn't involve trying to squeeze a few extra Euros out of wheelchair users who want to board his planes.