NFL Division 2 2019

Started by Horse Box, November 22, 2018, 04:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermGael

Perfect
And if Kildare are winning we can just settle on the draw?
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

illdecide

Was really looking forward to the Cork game on Sunday from the draw was made as months ago i assumed this would be win or bust game for Armagh but has turned out the opposite as we've nothing to play for...Obviously Cork need the win but from an Armagh perspective it's meaningless, will KmcG give squad members some game time and will he rest anyone carrying a knock etc...I'd imagine he will which could well give Cork the advantage they need. It's has not got me bursting to get a ticket for the game although i know i'll still end up at it.

What way does it leave Cork if they win, If Tipp beat Clare and Cork win Tipp will still be relegated on the head to head, is this correct. If Clare beat Tipp and Cork win, cork will be relegated as Clare beat cork, is this correct?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Solo_run

Quote from: illdecide on March 22, 2019, 01:43:18 PM
Was really looking forward to the Cork game on Sunday from the draw was made as months ago i assumed this would be win or bust game for Armagh but has turned out the opposite as we've nothing to play for...Obviously Cork need the win but from an Armagh perspective it's meaningless, will KmcG give squad members some game time and will he rest anyone carrying a knock etc...I'd imagine he will which could well give Cork the advantage they need. It's has not got me bursting to get a ticket for the game although i know i'll still end up at it.

What way does it leave Cork if they win, If Tipp beat Clare and Cork win Tipp will still be relegated on the head to head, is this correct. If Clare beat Tipp and Cork win, cork will be relegated as Clare beat cork, is this correct?

If Cork beat Armagh and Tip and Clare draw then Cork stay up.
If Cork beat Armagh and Tip beat Clare then Cork will stay up as Cork beat Tip.
If Cork win and Clare beat Tip then Tip and Cork are both relegated.

(I) Points awarded in league.
(II) If 2 teams are level on points relegation is determined by head to head result
(III) If more than 2 teams end up on same points then relegation is decided based on score difference.

armaghniac

Quote from: Solo_run on March 22, 2019, 02:14:51 PM
Quote from: illdecide on March 22, 2019, 01:43:18 PM

If Cork beat Armagh and Tip and Clare draw then Cork stay up.
If Cork beat Armagh and Tip beat Clare then Cork will stay up as Cork beat Tip.
If Cork win and Clare beat Tip then Tip and Cork are both relegated.

(I) Points awarded in league.
(II) If 2 teams are level on points relegation is determined by head to head result
(III) If more than 2 teams end up on same points then relegation is decided based on score difference.

Cork with something to play for then, there should be mighty crowd from the Lee in Armagh.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Horse Box

Tipp Team for tomorrow :

Evan Comerford
Alan Campbell
John Meagher
Emmett Moloney
Kevin Fahey
Daire Brennan
Jimmy Feehan
Steven O'Brien
Liam Casey
Jack Kennedy
Liam McGrath
Brian Fox
Philip Austin
Conor Sweeney
Michael Quinlivan

What`s the Armagh Team like for their game tomorrow , will they make many changes considering they have nothing to play for ?

Solo_run

Quote from: Horse Box on March 23, 2019, 11:14:08 AM
Tipp Team for tomorrow :

Evan Comerford
Alan Campbell
John Meagher
Emmett Moloney
Kevin Fahey
Daire Brennan
Jimmy Feehan
Steven O'Brien
Liam Casey
Jack Kennedy
Liam McGrath
Brian Fox
Philip Austin
Conor Sweeney
Michael Quinlivan

What`s the Armagh Team like for their game tomorrow , will they make many changes considering they have nothing to play for ?

1. Blaine Hughes
2. Patrick Burns
3. Aaron McKay
4. Paul Hughes
5. Ryan Kennedy
6. Brendan Donaghy
7. Aidan Forker
8. Jarly Og Burns
9. Niall Grimley
10. Rory Grugan
11. Charlie Vernon
12. Jemar Hall
13. Rian O'Neill
14. Pearse Casey
15. Jamie Clarke

thejuice

Meath going with the same team as before with McEntees back starting. Close to a full strength squad minus Niall Kane who won't be back til the championship I'd say. Reilly held on the bench once again. It's hard to know what the best way to attack Fermanagh is. Armagh seemed to have no problem running at them but that's only going by highlights. Whether the opportunities for marks to be won by the likes of Newman are worth pursuing is hard to judge. But I can see Fermanagh getting more and more anxious if we get in front or if we just keep the scoring close which in itself should play to our advantage as the game progresses.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

dec

Quote from: Solo_run on March 23, 2019, 12:53:53 PM
Tipp Team for tomorrow :

Evan Comerford
Alan Campbell
John Meagher
Emmett Moloney
Kevin Fahey
Daire Brennan
Jimmy Feehan
Steven O'Brien
Liam Casey
Jack Kennedy
Liam McGrath
Brian Fox
Philip Austin
Conor Sweeney
Michael Quinlivan

1. Blaine Hughes
2. Patrick Burns
3. Aaron McKay
4. Paul Hughes
5. Ryan Kennedy
6. Brendan Donaghy
7. Aidan Forker
8. Jarly Og Burns
9. Niall Grimley
10. Rory Grugan
11. Charlie Vernon
12. Jemar Hall
13. Rian O'Neill
14. Pearse Casey
15. Jamie Clarke

Is Niall Grimley any relation to the twins who played for Armagh in the 90s?

Rossfan

Can I book my place in this thread for 2020?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Throw ball

Quote from: dec on March 23, 2019, 05:57:27 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on March 23, 2019, 12:53:53 PM
Tipp Team for tomorrow :

Evan Comerford
Alan Campbell
John Meagher
Emmett Moloney
Kevin Fahey
Daire Brennan
Jimmy Feehan
Steven O'Brien
Liam Casey
Jack Kennedy
Liam McGrath
Brian Fox
Philip Austin
Conor Sweeney
Michael Quinlivan

1. Blaine Hughes
2. Patrick Burns
3. Aaron McKay
4. Paul Hughes
5. Ryan Kennedy
6. Brendan Donaghy
7. Aidan Forker
8. Jarly Og Burns
9. Niall Grimley
10. Rory Grugan
11. Charlie Vernon
12. Jemar Hall
13. Rian O'Neill
14. Pearse Casey
15. Jamie Clarke

Is Niall Grimley any relation to the twins who played for Armagh in the 90s?

No as far as I know - unless there is some far out connection.

tippabu

Quote from: Rossfan on March 23, 2019, 08:33:11 PM
Can I book my place in this thread for 2020?

I'll book in too as long as there is free cancellation!!!

Hopefully we do our part today and whatever happens in Armagh happens and we can't control that.

Clare are the only team who have it in their own hands with a win. Tipp and cork must rely on cork and Clare respectively dropping points

smelmoth

Quote from: FermGael on March 16, 2019, 09:15:34 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on March 16, 2019, 08:14:38 PM
Quote from: FermGael on March 05, 2019, 07:44:23 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on March 05, 2019, 07:07:10 PM
Quote from: Captain Scarlet on March 05, 2019, 04:05:07 PM
Fermanagh are winning games on their own terms and f**k everyone else to be honest. I would not fancy any of this current Div 2 crop to do much damage next year in Div 1 mind.

Gallagher's plan will run out of steam. It relies on huge player commitment and isn't much fun to play. The compensation for the players is results. But they are short term results. Promotion to Division 1 will trigger defeat after defeat. What is the upside then? Any player drop outs will force Rory to look towards a shallow pool of talent especially if you are looking for club players at the required fitness level

In the meantime it's brutal to watch. The game wouldn't be viable for long if a majority of teams decided to play this type of sh1te

You should go and watch Fermanagh play this year before you pass judgement.
The only games we played this year where we were hard to watch was the opening two games against Cork and Tipperary. The players looked nervous .  As the league has progressed our attacking intent has developed. Against both Kildare, Donegal and Clare we were by far the superior team. We hit alot of wide's in all three games and missed alot of goal chances .
Certainly without the ball we drop men back but when we have the ball we attack with pace.
It's a lazy narrative to call Fermanagh negative and gives the players or management no credit.
Fermanagh had lost a third of the starting championship team from last year through injury, retirements and lads dropping off. Seamie Quigley, Tomas and Ruairi Corrigan, Michael Jones and Barry Mulrone. We have a very small panel of players buts its a testament to our underage academy ( St Michaels Ennniskilen) that we are able to replace these lads and push on.
These were all massive players for Fermanagh and I think that's what makes the current league position so good.
Add to that the fact that the Fermanagh players also took serious abuse from the national media when they basically ousted  Pete McGrath as well.
Would be great to play in division 1.
As others have said it happened before.  I remember Fermangh beating Dublin in Brewster the last time we were there.
It wasn't that long ago that I was in London watching Fermanagh getting dumped out of the championship.
Feck the begrudgers.

I did. Pure poison. Div 1 won't be interesting but it will be informative. No wins. No glory. Just defeats and utter boredom. Football will die in Fermanagh and what for? A few boring Div 2 wins?

As custodians of the game Fermanagh have a f**k you, f**k tradition, f**k entertainment, the game is worth nothing and is there to be abused or at least exploited sort of attitude. A plague on their house

Fermanagh and Armagh have gotten to know each other very well over the past few years in league and championship.
A few boring Div 2 wins ?  Is that not what Armagh have managed under McGeeney?
Don't worry about football dying in Fermanagh.  It's done that several times and we have managed a few resurrections. 
Custodians of the game ? Lol.  Tradition lol.
Armagh played the ball backwards today for most of second half. 
I have no issue with it as it is the obvious way to show up the Fermanagh mass defence. 
Fair play to the Armagh management for doing it.
But if they were to be true custodians of the game then they should have attacked.
Must keep you up at night

To be fair Armagh have done a little more than that under MCGeeney. Only a very little. This is the best bunch of players he has had. A few implosions in the opening game have cost us being in the promotion mix. McGeeney will be judging championship football and our record in Ulster is shocking. There also is the fact that Armagh when playing with confidence are one the best teams to watch. When the confidence ebbs away they are shocking to watch as bravery in moving the ball goes out the window

Every game has and needs custodians. That can be players and managers or it can be officials and rule makers. If it's not the first group it will have to be the second group. But you keep LOLing. That will help.

Armagh playing it sideways against a massed defence is terrible to watch. I get that. But when the team behind has a chance of promotion if the win and they don't come out and get the ball you have to ask what were they trying to get out of the game???

FermGael

Quote from: smelmoth on March 24, 2019, 09:03:59 AM
Fermanagh are winning games on their own terms and f**k everyone else to be honest. I would not fancy any of this current Div 2 crop to do much damage next year in Div 1 mind.

Gallagher's plan will run out of steam. It relies on huge player commitment and isn't much fun to play. The compensation for the players is results. But they are short term results. Promotion to Division 1 will trigger defeat after defeat. What is the upside then? Any player drop outs will force Rory to look towards a shallow pool of talent especially if you are looking for club players at the required fitness level

In the meantime it's brutal to watch. The game wouldn't be viable for long if a majority of teams decided to play this type of sh1te

The only games we played this year where we were hard to watch was the opening two games against Cork and Tipperary. The players looked nervous .  As the league has progressed our attacking intent has developed. Against both Kildare, Donegal and Clare we were by far the superior team. We hit alot of wide's in all three games and missed alot of goal chances .
Certainly without the ball we drop men back but when we have the ball we attack with pace.
It's a lazy narrative to call Fermanagh negative and gives the players or management no credit.
Fermanagh had lost a third of the starting championship team from last year through injury, retirements and lads dropping off. Seamie Quigley, Tomas and Ruairi Corrigan, Michael Jones and Barry Mulrone. We have a very small panel of players buts its a testament to our underage academy ( St Michaels Ennniskilen) that we are able to replace these lads and push on.
These were all massive players for Fermanagh and I think that's what makes the current league position so good.
Add to that the fact that the Fermanagh players also took serious abuse from the national media when they basically ousted  Pete McGrath as well.
As others have said it happened before.  I remember Fermangh beating Dublin in Brewster the last time we were there.
It wasn't that long ago that I was in London watching Fermanagh getting dumped out of the championship.
Feck the begrudgers.

I did. Pure poison. Div 1 won't be interesting but it will be informative. No wins. No glory. Just defeats and utter boredom. Football will die in Fermanagh and what for? A few boring Div 2 wins?

As custodians of the game Fermanagh have a f**k you, f**k tradition, f**k entertainment, the game is worth nothing and is there to be abused or at least exploited sort of attitude. A plague on their house

Fermanagh and Armagh have gotten to know each other very well over the past few years in league and championship.
Don't worry about football dying in Fermanagh.  It's done that several times and we have managed a few resurrections. 
I have no issue with it as it is the obvious way to show up the Fermanagh mass defence. 
But if they were to be true custodians of the game then they should have attacked.

To be fair Armagh have done a little more than that under MCGeeney. Only a very little. This is the best bunch of players he has had. A few implosions in the opening game have cost us being in the promotion mix. McGeeney will be judging championship football and our record in Ulster is shocking. There also is the fact that Armagh when playing with confidence are one the best teams to watch. When the confidence ebbs away they are shocking to watch as bravery in moving the ball goes out the window

Every game has and needs custodians. That can be players and managers or it can be officials and rule makers. If it's not the first group it will have to be the second group. But you keep LOLing. That will help.

Armagh playing it sideways against a massed defence is terrible to watch. I get that. But when the team behind has a chance of promotion if the win and they don't come out and get the ball you have to ask what were they trying to get out of the game???

You have a very short memory.
You talk about custodians of the game.
What team would be known for introducing the first form of a sweeper?
Armagh wouldn't have won an All Ireland playing that way would they ?
If you have an issue with Fermanagh that's fair enough.
I can understand it.
I really can.
But it's just tactics. Things have and are evolving .

FermGael

Quote from: smelmoth on March 24, 2019, 09:03:59 AM

Feck the begrudgers.

Armagh record in the last 5 years is nothing to write home about.
You have been bouncing between division 3 and 2 in that time .
You have a decent backdoor record but my own county has made an Ulster final and an all Ireland quarter final in the same period and we have changed managers.

lurganblue

Cork off to a flyer. 2-2 to 0-1