Author Topic: NFL Division 2 2019  (Read 2506 times)

From the Bunker

• View Profile
Re: NFL Division 2 2019
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2018, 05:12:37 PM »
Thats a huge blow for Kildare with Daniel Flynn not around next year.

Just shows you how realistic the intercounty footballers are about their counties chances in the current climate.

I think it shows studying for a masters comes before amateur game and this summer is probably the only time to go traveling for a few months as he gets himself a full time job.

It's the same thing really. If there was a chance of a Leinster never mind an AI title, he'd be around. Leinster is especially a barren playing field for the all the counties in Leinster bar Dublin. Most want avoid the now annual embarrassment of getting a tanking from Dublin.

Captain Obvious

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2018, 05:54:18 PM »

Just shows you how realistic the intercounty footballers are about their counties chances in the current climate.

I think it shows studying for a masters comes before amateur game and this summer is probably the only time to go traveling for a few months as he gets himself a full time job.

It's the same thing really. If there was a chance of a Leinster never mind an AI title, he'd be around. Leinster is especially a barren playing field for the all the counties in Leinster bar Dublin. Most want avoid the now annual embarrassment of getting a tanking from Dublin.

In fairness losing to Carlow by seven points was a bigger embarrassment than any tanking off the best team in the land.

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2018, 06:14:28 PM »

In fairness losing to Carlow by seven points was a bigger embarrassment than any tanking off the best team in the land.

True.

Owen Brannigan

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2018, 03:07:14 PM »
Armagh will have a bit more fire power this year, Jamie Clarke, Stefan Campbell and the two O'Neills from Cross will add another string to the bow. Not sure how Jamie Clarke will fare out, haven’t seen him play in a while and the defensive play teams have not certainly won’t suit him but its definitely something else’s to give the opposition something to think about.
I would also hope James Morgan is on board for next season, a tough hard corner back who you wouldn’t want marking you (can giveaway a fewer frees but is def better on your team)

McGeeney will expect a big year from Armagh and so will the fans...looking forward to it tbh...

It is the last year of the 5 year plan!

Captain Scarlet

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2018, 04:11:05 PM »
Div 2 is tasty in fairness.
I think in one way Kildare need to not be too reliant on Flynn going forward so I'd like to think we could cope without him. the last two years it has been so obvious that we were always looking to him, even if he was isolated.
I just think it is a good chance for others to step up and to tweak tactics a bit.
Would posters not fancy Donegal over Armagh? When is McBrearty back?
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.