Author Topic: Mayo manager resigns - for defo.  (Read 35983 times)

highorlow

• View Profile
Re: Mayo manager resigns - for defo.
« Reply #660 on: November 05, 2018, 10:02:43 AM »
Doubtful.

I thought Jason Gibbons retired from the county? I wouldn't believe that panel listed.

joemamas

• View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 05, 2018, 03:38:02 PM »
Anyone else annoyed by Ah Ref's constant leaking of Mayo football business. Yes he probably does it in good faith, but it annoyed me anyway when I saw it published initially. As for the panel itself, midfield is worrying, very worrying.
Is it the actual panel though?

Doubtful.

I hope it is not, I genuinely don't think that even the most optimistic Mayo supporter believes that our current forward line, as in last two to three years is going to win an all-Ireland. Reality is we are in a period of transition, James Horan hopefully realizes and embraces that.

I am not going to go into specific names on the panel, as I respect the effort these guys put in, we have had the most amazing seven or eight years thanks to them, but realistically I would be very happy if we are having this same discussion in two years and he has nurtured four or five new players into the starting 15.

moysider

• View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 05, 2018, 11:41:55 PM »
When Horan cuts the panel to about 34 for the championship it will be interesting to see how many of those new players will still be there.

Very few obviously.

Farrandeelin

• Hey buckaroo! How are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 09, 2018, 10:29:44 PM »
Anyone else annoyed by Horan's statement. Ffs, I'm sure Mayo aren't the only county trying out new players for 2019. Snoopdog may well be correct re Horan.
The woman in red has the car parked on the slope.

Tubberman

• View Profile
« Reply #664 on: November 09, 2018, 10:58:16 PM »
Anyone else annoyed by Horan's statement. Ffs, I'm sure Mayo aren't the only county trying out new players for 2019. Snoopdog may well be correct re Horan.

Pointless but hardly worth getting annoyed about
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Lar Naparka

• I just know this is gonna be our year!
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: November 09, 2018, 11:08:56 PM »
What statement Farr? I've haven't heard anything about it.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Blowitupref

• There will be at least 2 mins of additional time
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: November 09, 2018, 11:10:43 PM »

http://mayogaa.com/news-detail/10045569/
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Lar Naparka

• I just know this is gonna be our year!
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: November 09, 2018, 11:26:08 PM »

http://mayogaa.com/news-detail/10045569/
Arra, there is feck all there to get annoyed about.  Doesn't every manager in the land come out with something similar when he takes over any team? .....Morale is high.. great interest from the players.. all are champing at the bit and everyone rearin' to go etc. etc. The county board asked him for a statement and, surely to hell, you wouldn't/ couldn't expect anything else from Horan or Anthony Cunningham for that matter or any other new appointee.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Smurfy123

• View Profile
« Reply #668 on: November 09, 2018, 11:38:42 PM »
What a bluffer this man is. The James Horan show is well and truly back. 100 players trialed but whatís the odds 13 of the established players start in the first big championship test? Iíll come back to this post in July. Horan has the best Mayo panel ever and messed up. Why does he have to give a running commentary about whatís going on in mayo football?

sans pessimism

• Cil's the man
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: November 10, 2018, 11:54:46 AM »
What a bluffer this man is. The James Horan show is well and truly back. 100 players trialed but whatís the odds 13 of the established players start in the first big championship test? Iíll come back to this post in July. Horan has the best Mayo panel ever and messed up. Why does he have to give a running commentary about whatís going on in mayo football?
y'all have nothing else for doing in July except posting here.
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"