Author Topic: Ryder Cup 2018  (Read 7765 times)

Applesisapples

• View Profile
Re: Ryder Cup 2018
« Reply #120 on: October 01, 2018, 12:22:21 PM »
Great to see Rory flying the flag for loyal Ulster. The Ryder Cup is a con. Golf is primarily a solo sport the chest beating and roaring from Europe in particular is gut wrenchingly nauseating, the yanks aren't far behind but at least the represent a country. IMO of course.

NAG1

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 01, 2018, 03:41:40 PM »
It is the most over hyped event going, Sky threw their lot in with it and have created a marketing monster around it.

The fans are cringeworthy at best.

bennydorano

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 01, 2018, 03:59:50 PM »
It's an advertisers wet dream, hence why Sky go into hyperdrive  £££££

Orior

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 01, 2018, 04:09:48 PM »
It is the most over hyped event going, Sky threw their lot in with it and have created a marketing monster around it.

I think it is much better than watch the british and irish lions. No comparison at all.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

NAG1

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 01, 2018, 04:15:27 PM »

I think it is much better than watch the british and irish lions. No comparison at all.

It has the same kind of feel as the Lions, slick marketing and adertisers all over it. Great craic for those actually playing in it but pretty meaningless for the rest.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 01, 2018, 04:26:48 PM »

It has the same kind of feel as the Lions, slick marketing and adertisers all over it. Great craic for those actually playing in it but pretty meaningless for the rest.

There were 270,000 people attended the event and I'm not sure about the viewing figures but I'm pretty sure they were healthy as well so it seems a few more than just those playing are interested in it!!

Frank_The_Tank

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 01, 2018, 05:01:25 PM »
David Livingstone hanging up the presenting for Sky Sports Golf after Sunday I see.  Liked him as a presenter I have to say. 
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

gawa316

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 01, 2018, 05:14:25 PM »
All was not well in the US camp

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/45703605

trileacman

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 01, 2018, 10:51:42 PM »

Not surprising that no-one wants to play with Reed.

A man that even a mother couldn't love.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

stephenite

• Ballina Stephenites
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 01, 2018, 11:48:29 PM »

Not surprising that no-one wants to play with Reed.

A man that even a mother couldn't love.

His own Mother tried and he got her thrown off the course!!

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 02, 2018, 06:51:15 AM »
DJ and Brooks came to blows as well??

phpearse

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 02, 2018, 10:20:14 AM »
Spectator hit with Brooks Koepka tee shot looses her eye. Pros very rarely duff their tee shots but it is a bit mad standing so close to the tee box when lads are driving golf balls at 190mph or whatever speed they leave the club face. Not long before there are exclusion zone around tee boxes and spectators around greens and fairways will be issued with hard hats.

nrico2006

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 02, 2018, 10:42:51 AM »
Great to see Rory flying the flag for loyal Ulster. The Ryder Cup is a con. Golf is primarily a solo sport the chest beating and roaring from Europe in particular is gut wrenchingly nauseating, the yanks aren't far behind but at least the represent a country. IMO of course.

Agreed. Cringe fest.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 02, 2018, 11:41:01 AM »
Spectator hit with Brooks Koepka tee shot looses her eye. Pros very rarely duff their tee shots but it is a bit mad standing so close to the tee box when lads are driving golf balls at 190mph or whatever speed they leave the club face. Not long before there are exclusion zone around tee boxes and spectators around greens and fairways will be issued with hard hats.

She wasn't standing beside the tee box though she was beside the green on a driveable par 4. Horrific to think she's lost her sight I'm sure Koepka is in bad enough form about it too.

It's always a risk when you're watching golf but unfortunately these kinds of things can happen.

Minder

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 02, 2018, 01:04:06 PM »

There were 270,000 people attended the event and I'm not sure about the viewing figures but I'm pretty sure they were healthy as well so it seems a few more than just those playing are interested in it!!

Would say itís a good oul jolly with your mates and is good tv viewing but how many would actually give a good fcuk who won it ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"