Author Topic: Paul Kimmage interviews Sean Cavanagh  (Read 16762 times)

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
Re: Paul Kimmage interviews Sean Cavanagh
« Reply #165 on: September 16, 2018, 08:44:16 PM »
Well is that not a automatic red card??

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 16, 2018, 08:44:32 PM »
Apparently he fell to the ground and when he was on the ground an opposition player "dropped the 2 knees" on him.

Ahh, he learned from the master.

Jinxy

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 16, 2018, 08:47:32 PM »
Is Sean being targeted because of the book?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 16, 2018, 08:49:47 PM »
None this shit happened John McDermott, he killed all round him!

Owen Brannigan

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 16, 2018, 08:51:54 PM »

Cavanagh is a self serving, egocentric Micky Harte wannabe.
Plays the poor wee me card looking to portray the sensitivity that gains him a reputation of a nice fella.....all the while publicising a book. Realistically people want to hear what he thinks of Harte and its very hypocritical of him lambasting Harte now when he was his biggest supporter when playing. To me this speaks volumes as to the type of character he is.

+1

JoG2

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 16, 2018, 09:01:48 PM »
Edendork have being playing hatchet ball all year. Instigated a mass brawl 7 days ago when Trillick played them. One of our players had to get a couple of stiches, itís par for the course for them.

Iíd wondered where it all stemmed from then I heard who managed them. This behaviour is par for the course for Barton, spent the best half of his Derry managerial career jumping into brawls his team instigated.

Barton's county reign? Surely not. Apart from the McKenna cup game in Armagh, when were these other brawls? Wasn't that McCarron acting the wag kicked that off? Barton made a complete balloon of himself right enough, no question

yellowcard

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 16, 2018, 10:24:15 PM »
Its sensationalised bullshit

Best post on here.
Plays the poor wee me card looking to portray the sensitivity that gains him a reputation of a nice fella.....all the while publicising a book. Realistically people want to hear what he thinks of Harte and its very hypocritical of him lambasting Harte now when he was his biggest supporter when playing. To me this speaks volumes as to the type of character he is.

Some of this may be true but it doesnít excuse the brutality inflicted on Cavanagh. Whatever you think of Cavanagh he was never a dirty player and from what I hear it was definitely not an accident.

tonto1888

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 16, 2018, 10:45:17 PM »

Best post on here.

Some of this may be true but it doesnít excuse the brutality inflicted on Cavanagh. Whatever you think of Cavanagh he was never a dirty player and from what I hear it was definitely not an accident.

Thereís a few reasons going round. I have heard it was an accident and that it wasnít. Someone said thereís a video, has anyone seen it

trileacman

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 16, 2018, 11:05:32 PM »
Are all Tyrone games not recorded now and streamed live? Someones bound to have a recording.

I had heard he had went up for a kickout and as he landed he met a shoulder. Again could be bullshit hearsay like 95% of talk on here.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Jinxy

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 16, 2018, 11:19:36 PM »
Are all Tyrone games not recorded now and streamed live? Someones bound to have a recording.

I had heard he had went up for a kickout and as he landed he met a shoulder. Again could be bullshit hearsay like 95% of talk on here.

It must have been this shoulder he met.

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 16, 2018, 11:28:40 PM »
He could've got another chapter out of this incident. All the talk about Nicholas Walsh, he wasn't on the field this weekend was he.

BarryBreensBandage

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 16, 2018, 11:40:15 PM »
Regardless of the comments on what or who Cavanagh is, and his autobiography,  this happening on a Gaelic football field is a disgrace.

Is this what we are signing the youth of our communities up for?

Yes, it has been going on for years, but it doesn't make it right.

Times change, and maybe with social media, the dirt in our national game is being outed.

For this to happen to any player is a disgrace, never mind a man who, for me , along with Canavan and Dooher, were the three most important players in Tyrone's 3 AI successes. If it can happen to him, it can happen to any of our children and youth players in the future.

After seeing reports here about other Tyrone matches, and another incident in recent Ballyholland/Downpatrick game, where an 18 yo was hospitalised after getting a boot to the head when he is on the ground - where the f**k are we going folks?

Bad enough having to out up with a poor standard of football than having to read about this stuff.

I am genuinely angry and disillusioned tonight over this. Puke football is the least of our worries.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

tbrick18

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 17, 2018, 07:34:14 AM »

Best post on here.

Not for a second am I saying that he deserved what happened, I've no idea if it was accidental or deliberate. No place for it on a field if deliberate and I'd hope the culprit would be seriously reprimanded if it was.
My point was he's not the pleasant character he's portraying himself as, and to me this pr campaign he's on is loathsome given how hypocritical he is being. I actually used to like him when he just played football, but from he started his on and off field antics of crying, trying to dupe referees, playing the martyr to the press I lost all respect for him.
To me he comes across as arrogant and seems to have a self righteous complex.

His Sunday game analysis is far from great too.

LilySavage

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 17, 2018, 08:28:42 AM »
It's all Sean's fault. FFS. Thuggery is Thuggery. f**k them out of the Championship if you're serious about cleaning up the game.

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 17, 2018, 08:38:50 AM »
I was at the game. Cavanagh caught the ball was fouled (by no.9 I think) and fell. No.12 came in and fell on top of him with both knees. I don't know if was an accident or not. Only the player will know. Ref was looking straight at it. Didn't deem it worthy of a card etc. The ref in general had a poor game for both teams.
All Tyrone games are videoed. That will probably come out this week. Whether that sheds any light on the incident is anybodies guess.

Anyway that's exactly what happened.