Underdogs- Tasty

Started by Under Lights, September 07, 2018, 09:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Anyone watch Underdogs on TG4 last night- there is a catch up on the website.

Thought Paul Galvin came accross real well- I think he imagines himself as a Roy Keane type figure lol.

Anyone know anyone on the panel? Don't see anything listing players online but maybe we can compile it here:

Ronan O'Neill- Derrytresk- Tyrone
Conor McKenna- Eire Og- Antrim
Anthony Durney-Moorefield- Kildare

Dinny Breen

Anthony Durney Moorefield Kildare
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

Who do they play at the end of it?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Under Lights

Quote from: Jinxy on September 07, 2018, 01:28:19 PM

Hasn't been revealed yet, but for the year that is in it I would hope its Kildare in Newbridge.

iorras

Quote from: Under Lights on September 07, 2018, 01:36:24 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on September 07, 2018, 01:28:19 PM

Hasn't been revealed yet, but for the year that is in it I would hope its Kildare in Newbridge.
it would have to be, we all know Kildare cant wont play anywhere else

Gold

Was absolutely cringe McKenna's woman saying she didn't know the GAA existed and the mentioning of he possibly moving to a bigger club like he was playing soccer.

Too many sob stories for me. Pure X Factor. "i stopped eating cakes/keep getting sent off/my puppy took sick" etc.

Didn't see any football in the 1st episode at all. Just lads running about

Hopefully it improves
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Christmas Lights

LOL at the goalie who came in and said - I am the underdog!  Silke & Galvin were totally taken aback that they couldn't tell him first time that he was cut.  Which is surprising as its the easiest part of any managers job

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Gold on September 07, 2018, 01:51:39 PM
Was absolutely cringe McKenna's woman saying she didn't know the GAA existed and the mentioning of he possibly moving to a bigger club like he was playing soccer.

Too many sob stories for me. Pure X Factor. "i stopped eating cakes/keep getting sent off/my puppy took sick" etc.

Didn't see any football in the 1st episode at all. Just lads running about

Hopefully it improves

LOL yeah, but TG4 giving protestants some air time  8)

GetOverTheBar

Watched the first episodes there, some lads from my own county on it

Ronan O'Neill of Derrytresk
Ryan Trainor of Dungannon
Ruiri Cunningham of Clonmore (sure it's Dungannon parish ;))

Seems like a decent bundle of lads they have so far, the army camp wouldn't have been for myself either but its true the lad from Sligo near blew it with his antics - pity they don't really show too much football on it, maybe that'll change with later episodes, would like to hear how the management actually tell the lads how to go out saying as they've basically pulled them all together.

Galvin comes across quite well on it, indeed so to Valerie Mulcahey and Ray Silke. Agree with some of the X-Factor like build up, not for me - but that's what engages audiences these days.

Fair play to the men who applied, takes some heart to go for it.

befair

Enjoyed it, but once again gaelic football is more about turning out a team of commandoes rather than footballers; physical fitness++, nothing about the actual skills. This is where we are going wrong

Owenmoresider

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 24, 2018, 03:57:51 PM
Watched the first episodes there, some lads from my own county on it

Ronan O'Neill of Derrytresk
Ryan Trainor of Dungannon
Ruiri Cunningham of Clonmore (sure it's Dungannon parish ;))

Seems like a decent bundle of lads they have so far, the army camp wouldn't have been for myself either but its true the lad from Sligo near blew it with his antics - pity they don't really show too much football on it, maybe that'll change with later episodes, would like to hear how the management actually tell the lads how to go out saying as they've basically pulled them all together.

Galvin comes across quite well on it, indeed so to Valerie Mulcahey and Ray Silke. Agree with some of the X-Factor like build up, not for me - but that's what engages audiences these days.

Fair play to the men who applied, takes some heart to go for it.
I haven't watched any of this but I think I know the Sligo lad involved and it wouldn't surprise me at all that he'd be up to something!

macdanger2

I've only watched the army camp episode but I thought Silke came across as a bullshitter, full of clichés. Overall a decent enough watch though

trailer

What has Paul Galvin got on his head? State of him.

square_ball

The big match tonight lads. Do we have any chance at all against the dubs??

Orchard park

Not if Dublin bring anyone in their best 250 players. Any club team woild do a number on that underdogs team