Author Topic: 2019 Allianz Football League Division 3.  (Read 5105 times)

Giovanni

• View Profile
Re: 2019 Allianz Football League Division 3.
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2018, 04:23:09 PM »
I don't understand this at all. If the reason for this ban was to ensure the integrity of the clubs only rule, how in the name of Christ does it matter if the team went on a trip to see World War I graves in Belgium or kicked a bit of football in Kerry?? Either way, they are not available to their clubs. This just seems completely ridiculous to me.

blueandwhite1

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2018, 04:34:16 PM »
I don't understand this at all. If the reason for this ban was to ensure the integrity of the clubs only rule, how in the name of Christ does it matter if the team went on a trip to see World War I graves in Belgium or kicked a bit of football in Kerry?? Either way, they are not available to their clubs. This just seems completely ridiculous to me.

The difference is Dublin have a very powerful county board and all the money in the world to afford lawyers if they need to.

We in Laois are irrelevant to the GAA.

Giovanni

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2018, 04:40:10 PM »
Seems like Dublin knew exactly what they were doing from the start:

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/gaa/how-dublins-footballers-found-inspiration-and-perspective-in-the-green-fields-of-france-866047.html

Not what we'd be used to on a Thursday night indeed..........

Don Draper

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2018, 04:45:06 PM »

The difference is Dublin have a very powerful county board and all the money in the world to afford lawyers if they need to.

We in Laois are irrelevant to the GAA.
Again, we're not irrelevant, as they are flowing money into the county in the form of the COE.

Giovanni

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2018, 04:54:49 PM »
What is the connection between the COE and this decision to remove a home game from Laois?

Don Draper

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2018, 05:20:17 PM »
What is the connection between the COE and this decision to remove a home game from Laois?
Follow the money young man

Giovanni

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2018, 06:19:18 PM »
Could anyone please translate?

SpeculativeEffort

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2018, 07:37:27 PM »
Don is suggesting that Croke Park are funding the COE and Laois are willing to take the rap on the knuckles for breaking the rule instead of rocking the boat and risk losing funding. Its politics.

Don Draper

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2018, 08:09:34 PM »
Don is suggesting that Croke Park are funding the COE and Laois are willing to take the rap on the knuckles for breaking the rule instead of rocking the boat and risk losing funding. Its politics.
Chinatown

Giovanni

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2018, 08:26:59 PM »

Thanks for this and apologies for being slow on the uptake! Don might be right but if he is, itís really very disappointing. Conlethís Park wonít pay for itself either but that didnít stop Kildare making their point (and getting a lot of support for it). If it was really the case in Laois, youíd wonder why they bothered to appeal at all?

Laoiseabu

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2018, 11:19:30 PM »
Itís a f**king farce of a rule . The bullshit in the GAA these days is beyond a joke. Absolute cowboys of the highest echelons over the organisation. Itís about time they took their tongues out of Dublinís arses and stop treating smaller counties like horseshite . We need more support off the GAA than  Dublin but obviously they donít give a flying f**k about us 😡😡😡😡😡

Junior Ex Laoistalk

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2018, 02:19:28 AM »
It's all wrong but it's not a disaster. Our first home game was to be against Carlow   
Round 2
Saturday 2 February
(7.0): Laois v Carlow

So what if we have to go to Carlow to play them, we usually beat them down there and they have some happy memories of victory's in O'Moore Park, not against us but victory's all the same which makes O'Moore Park a good place for them.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Don Draper

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2018, 07:59:30 AM »
It's all wrong but it's not a disaster. Our first home game was to be against Carlow   
Round 2
Saturday 2 February
(7.0): Laois v Carlow

So what if we have to go to Carlow to play them, we usually beat them down there and they have some happy memories of victory's in O'Moore Park, not against us but victory's all the same which makes O'Moore Park a good place for them.
Exactly. The gravy keeps flowing and all we need to do is pop over the border and put Carlow over our knees again in an auld league match. Be grand. Chill the beans lads.

Giovanni

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2018, 08:49:30 AM »
Firstly, I donít think itís established that itís the Carlow game that we lose and secondly the game is supposed to be held in a neutral venue - not in their home ground.

In any case, the issue for me is more about the unequal application of this (ridiculous) rule to different counties. How anyone can consider that to be ďgrandĒ is beyond me.

GAA-SMART

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2018, 08:54:39 AM »
Yeah Carlow shouldnt get home advantage because we broke a rule. Sure that would be unfair on every team in the competition. The rule itself is a grand rule if its enforced fairly which clearly it is not. The point above on Dublin Lawyers is relevent. Dublin have top guys working full time for them who can put the time and resources into working with lawyers and getting information together where we simply do not have that resource. The sad thing here is that again Dublin get away scott free while we are punished. I dont care where we play Carlow- can play them in the scottish highlands, if we are good enough we will win. O Moore park is hardly a fortress these times.